Slingshot Strategy revisited

Update to the EA testing: EA Slingshot Live 18 May 2014 - YouTube

I switched brokers between the Daily & 240. Why? Because the Vantage has only 5 daily bars which is important for the EA to work on the Daily charts as tested.

So here’s the final line up of live running Slingshot EA’s
FXCM = 240 test starting at £63
Vantage = Daily test starting at $94
Gain Cap = Weekly test starting at $357

Now its just a waiting game to see how they perform.

Slingshot update weekly update - EA Slingshot Live 25 May 2014 - YouTube

Weekly Balance $347
Daily Balance $84

Only had one trade on the Weekly in the USDJPY which was a loss of $4.95, but I should have had another entry which would be a winner but for some reason the EA never placed the order.

More losses on the Daily, so the account is down about $12 so far.

I have ceased trading the 240 due to the EA not taking trades when it should or not closing trades when it should.

I have had a few probs last week with the EA missing trades or not closing trades correctly, but that could be down to my internet connection. I shall pay close attention this week to find the source of the problem.

Try running the ea on the strategy tester to see if it takes the trades. It could have been your internet connection, I think the EA is ok, it tests out ok.

Hey Ted. Everything runs fine on strategy tester. I do believe its my connection when on wireless. We will have to talk about on line server on Thur/Fri if your available. This could solve the problem.

[B]Slingshot EA update 2 Jun 2014[/B] - EA Slingshot Live 2 Jun 2014 - YouTube

[I]Daily - Balance $83[/I]

[I]Weekly - Balance $327[/I]

The EA has been working fine with Lan line. Had a few issues when with the Daily TF when using a wireless connection.

So far a slow drawdown on both accounts with no descent winners, but its early days & I have the confidence to let the EA run the Slingshot strategy for me.

Hi Tyrone,

Good to see that you are giving the EA a chance to run it’s course before writing it off as unprofitable.

Good luck mate.

Hello Tyrone,

I’m on holiday as you know but here is a vps provider that I use.

https://portal.forexvps.com/

I’ll talk to you about it more when I get back.

Ted

Cheers Ted. Have a good one.

This weeks Slingshot EA update - EA Slingshot Live 8 Jun 2014 - YouTube

[B]Daily[/B]
Balance $72

[B]Weekly[/B]
Balance $322

[I]Positives - The EA is working fine & I will just let it run while I can concentrate on my supply & demand thread.[/I]

[I]Negatives - Both time frames are having periods of drawdowns.[/I]

Remember this is a live forward test of this strategy so I will not interfere with the EA & just let it do its thing over the remainder of this year. Only time will tell if this is a profitable strategy on the daily TF.

EA Slingshot Live 16 Jun 2014 - YouTube

Daily balance $50

Weekly balance $308

As you can see both time frames have had drawdowns last few weeks.

[I]Right back to the supply & demand analysis :)[/I]

EA Slingshot Live 22 Jun 2014 - YouTube

Daily balance $47

Weekly balance $291

Nothing to report except another drawdown week.

Better luck next week!

Good result congrats

30 June 2014 live account update’s - EA Slingshot Live 29 Jun 2014 - YouTube

6 July 2014 live account update’s - EA Slingshot Live 6 July 2014 - YouTube

The performance is stable and consistent

Still to early to draw any conclusion.

Off on holiday for 2 weeks so I’ve closed all trades & turned off the EA’s until im back on the 24th July

EA Slingshot Live 9 July 2014 - YouTube

Hi fellow traders.

Back off holiday.

Sorry but I am no longer running the daily EA due to intermittent internet connection problems. I will however continue with the weekly as it has been 100% working due to the slow nature of trades taken.

Weekly:
Balance $316

EA Slingshot Live 4 Aug 2014 - YouTube

Small loss in the in the USDCAD last week.

Balance $312
Plenty of potential setups this week.