SMA Crossover Pull Back Signal / Expert Advisor

FREE SMA CROSSOVER PULL BACK SIGNAL:

Hello and welcome to this page. I have developed an Expert Advisor based off of the popular RoboPip automated strategy SMA Crossover Pullback.

As of now I am providing it as a FREE signal which people can follow via my MQL5 page. As I am a new user on BabyPips I am not allowed to post links yet but when I am, I will post links for where you can follow this free signal and its full statistics

I use the same entry and exit signals used on the original strategy. I trade on the pairs EUR/USD, GBP/USD and EUR/JPY. Trades are on 1 hour time frame. I risk 2% of my capital per trade. I am trading this on a DEMO account via the broker Darwinex.

Please view Entry and Exit details below:

Technical Indicators

100 SMA (red)
200 SMA (blue)
Stochastic (14, 3, 3)

Entry Rules

Buy on the first instance that stochastic pulls up from the oversold area (25.00 level) after an upward SMA crossover takes place.

Sell on the first instance that stochastic drops down from the overbought area (75.00 level) after a downward SMA crossover takes place.

All entries are on close of relevant candle.

Exit Rules

REVERSE SMA EXIT: In the event of a Simple Moving Average crossover in the opposite direction, an existing open trade will close automatically at market. A Simple Moving Average crossover in the opposite direction is what will exit an already open trade, it has nothing to do with stochastics. Stochastics are only used for entry purposes.

So basically, unless an open trade reaches its TP or hits Stop Loss, the Reverse SMA Crossover is the only other way an open trade will be closed.

Break Even Stop and Trailing Stop

The EA sets a 150-pip stop and a 300-pip profit target for a 2:1 reward-to-risk ratio per trade. It moves stop to entry (break even) once price moves 150 pips in the trade’s favor. Also, the EA automatically switches break even stop to a trailing stop once price moves 150 pips in the trade’s favor. Trailing Stop distance is set at 150 pips.

Money Management

2% of equity is risked per open trade. Only one open trade per currency pair is allowed at any time. So as I am only trading three pairs with this strategy (EUR/USD, GBP,USD, EUR/JPY) the maximum open trades will be 3 (6% Maximal Drawdown)

I will update this blog on a weekly basis with my results.

Thank you for viewing and I hope you follow this signal in the near future!

1 Like

Why?

Are you intending to charge for it, in future?

Honestly I haven’t considered charging for it. Just really learning how to develop Expert Advisors. Thought I would share my experience via a Demo account

What are your exit rules please?

The EA sets a 150-pip stop and a 300-pip profit target for a 2:1 reward-to-risk ratio per trade. It moves Stop to entry once price moves 150 pips in the trade’s favor. Also, the EA automatically switches break even Stop to a trailing stop once price moves 150 pips in the trade’s favor. Trailing Stop distance is 150 pips.

REVERSE SMA EXIT: In the event of a Simple Moving Average crossover in the opposite direction, an existing open trade will close automatically at market price. A Simple Moving Average crossover in the opposite direction is what will exit an already open trade, it has nothing to do with stochastics. Stochastics are only used for entry purposes.

So basically, unless an open trade reaches its TP or hits Stop Loss, the Reverse SMA Crossover is the only other way an open trade will be closed.

SMA Crossover Pullback Update [27.09.2017 - 10.10.2017]

My EA has picked up no trades so far on EUR/USD, GBP/USD, EUR/JPY. The reason why is because on all three pairs the trends were already underway with Stochastic Pullbacks that had already happened.

The EA is designed to pick up the FIRST stochastic Pullback once a new SMA Crossover has occurred. There are some new crossovers on the horizon so hopefully will start to see some trades soon.

Stay tuned…

SMA Crossover Pullback Update [12.10.2017 - 19.10.2017]

EUR/USD
EUR/USD had a BUY position opened on 13th October [1.1844] but a was stopped out by a new downwards crossover for a loss of -52.4 pips (-0.82%)

A new SELL position was opened on 19th October. This position is still open.

GBP/USD
GBP/USD had a BUY position opened on 18th October [1.3191] but a was stopped out by a new downwards crossover for a loss of -40.6 pips (-0.61%)

EUR/JPY
EUR/JPY had a BUY position opened on 13th October [132.904] but a was stopped out by a new downwards crossover for a loss of -88.4 pips (-1.13%)

A new SELL position was opened on 19th October [133.685] but a was stopped out by a new upwards crossover for a loss of -69.3 pips (-0.89%)

SUMMARY

THIS WEEK: -3.41% || -250.7 Pips
THIS MONTH [OCTOBER]: -3.41% || -250.7 Pips
THIS YEAR: -3.41% || -250.7 Pips

SMA Crossover Pullback Update [19.10.2017 - 25.10.2017]

EUR/USD
EUR/USD had a SELL position opened from last week, 19th October [1.1797] This position is still open.

EUR/USD CHART >> http://res.cloudinary.com/dsgkdgb0i/image/upload/v1508958505/EURUSD_19.10.2017_-_25.10.2017_urumix.png

GBP/USD
GBP/USD had a SELL position opened on 23rd October [1.3186] This position is still open.

GBP/USD CHART >> http://res.cloudinary.com/dsgkdgb0i/image/upload/v1508959054/GBPUSD_19.10.2017_-_25.10.2017_nwvlud.png

EUR/JPY
EUR/JPY had a BUY position opened on 24th October [133.33] This position is still open.

EUR/JPY CHART >> http://res.cloudinary.com/dsgkdgb0i/image/upload/v1508959360/EUJPY_19.10.2017_-_25.10.2017_dz0urb.png

SUMMARY

THIS WEEK: +0.36% || +28.6 Pips
THIS MONTH [OCTOBER]: -3.06% || -222 Pips
THIS YEAR: -3.06% || -222 Pips

Liking the sound of this - keen to see more of your results and how it progresses :slight_smile:

Thank you Rasper. I will be updating on a weekly basis but you can always keep up to date by following the MQL5 signals page or MYFXBOOK page links I have above.

Hi - did this end up dieing?