Smart FX Technology

Hello Traders,
We’ve got it!
It’s been my dream for many years to have a completely automated EA, and it’s here:
No more manual bypassing of scheduled events. Everything is filtered by the News Filter: Red reports, Christmas thru New Years “no-trade” season, ECOFIN, G20, etc. etc. If it is in the Calendar, we filter it.
Very cool. “True set it and forget it” trading.

Later on I will explain the features in detail.
It is uploaded to the website and ready to roll.

For existing members, we are sending it via email starting now. If you can’t wait your turn (we do it in waves) please send us an email and we’ll get yours going faster, in a few hours at most. Everyone should have it by tomorrow morning before the BH starts trading.

Right now we are closing the chat and email for a few hours to get some sleep, it’s been a long one.

That’s great however just one question

Once the new version is added do we need to go back and make the changes to lot sizes?etc as mine were recently changed to suit my account type 300:1 ratio.

Hi Fraz,
Since you had a much higher leverage than the recommended 100:1, we do recommend that you scale down the lot sizes as before.

The new update is running already in the Real Account.
If you have not received your yet, just start with the older one for today, it will finish the day the same way. You should get the update before trading resumes tomorrow.
Please note that the Real Account is trading the new version. However the old demos have stopped working since Nov 4th because the broker had a major change in their Demo server and stopped platforms. We are keeping them to show the records of trading before the Real Account started.

Here is the link to our new Real Account, opened with the release of version 7, which contains the News Filter and other improvements. It was updated to version 7.1.8 on Nov. 9th.
Broker: MB Trading (ECN), TimeZone: New York (currently GMT -4 on DST). Entries marked “withdrawals” correspond to the ecn commissions on trades charged by the broker.
Started trading on Oct.4th, 2011,

Since the Real Account just started, I am posting the older demo tests.
They run each EA independently and show several months of trading.
Breakout Hunter, started in April 2011. Updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

Master Scalper, started in August 2011, started with release of the previous update. Also updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

I have been recently been reading this thread with great interest and finally took the plunge a couple of days ago. I have opened a 3000$ demo and so far have 1 no trade day and 1 day of +62$. It is obviously far too early to comment on results but one thing I can comment on is the attitude of the team, they really do want to help and seem to have a genuine desire to continuously improve this product. I wish I could get customer service like that in other areas of my life.

I am looking forward to posting results on here so we can share info. My setup is a 3000$ demo ECN account with 1:50 leverage.

Cheers, Alex

p.s. Thanks to Jonny

Any changes for EURUSD? Seems to be hurting the account

Hello Traders:
This is what is in the new update:
-GMT times for trading from November till March, adjusting for the end of Daylight Savings Time.

-New improvements to the News Filter: This time we have it right. Everything in the Forex Factory calendar is filtered by the News Filter. No more Manual No-Trade Days, even the end of the year (Christmas no-trade season) is filtered so you do not have to worry or babysit the EA on account of news or seasonal NoTrade Days.
Naturally, if you hear of a tsunami or intervention coming, it would make good trading sense to skip the affected pair for a few days. But that sort of thing in not listed in any calendar, so just keep up with the economic news a bit, just in case…

The new update is running already in the Real Account.
We are sending out the update to everyone today.

Please note that we have added another $500 in trading capital to the Real Account because we felt it was not trading at capacity. When most trades are using minimum lot sizes, it does not allow the Money Manager to balance the pairs properly. Now with $1000 we should be fine.

However the old demos have stopped working since Nov 4th because the broker had a major change in their Demo server and stopped all demo platforms. We are keeping them to show the records of trading before the Real Account started.

Here is the link to our new Real Account, opened with the release of version 7, which contains the News Filter and other improvements. It was updated to version 7.1.8 on Nov. 9th.
Broker: MB Trading (ECN), TimeZone: New York (currently GMT -4 on DST). Entries marked “withdrawals” correspond to the ecn commissions on trades charged by the broker.
Started trading on Oct.4th, 2011,

Since the Real Account just started, I am posting the older demo tests.
They run each EA independently and show several months of trading.
Breakout Hunter, started in April 2011. Updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

Master Scalper, started in August 2011, started with release of the previous update. Also updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

Thanks Robert I have updated the ea’s and reduced risk by using my previous settings as John had renamed the changed settings very clearly for me.

I’m up $55 since yesterday :wink:

I have been recently been reading this thread with great interest and finally took the plunge a couple of days ago. I have opened a 3000$ demo and so far have 1 no trade day and 1 day of +62$. It is obviously far too early to comment on results but one thing I can comment on is the attitude of the team, they really do want to help and seem to have a genuine desire to continuously improve this product. I wish I could get customer service like that in other areas of my life.

I am looking forward to posting results on here so we can share info. My setup is a 3000$ demo ECN account with 1:50 leverage.

Cheers, Alex

p.s. Thanks to Jonny

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Alex welcome to babypips! These are exciting times. Robert’s ea’s are the best I have ever used! Proof year to date smartfx technologies has earned a whopping 380.37% My risk started out a little high but is set very low at this point.

@Robert keep up the great work!!! The new version looks awesome.

Hi Robert

After a few weeks of demoing the software, I am looking to start this EA live from next week. What would you recommend as an opening balance ?

Thanks

Hi Themtharhills,
The closer you get to $1000, the better for the Combo Pack. Over that it is a breeze.
Below that amount it will work, but it will take away some of the nice balancing the MM does on the different pairs, so neither of them is too heavy on the group.
The absolute minimum I would recommend would be $700 for the Combo, $500 for the Scalper alone, or $200 for the BH alone. If you are dealing with tight budgets you could start by using only 2 or 3 scalping pairs plus the BH. That would be ok too.

Thanks again for the advice Robert - your commitment to regular updates and improvements will no doubt stand your product in good stead regardless of most economic climates.

I’m off to set up a live account - wish me luck !

does anyone know how to add the commission tab to your myfxbook account?

Continue to be impressed by this, so I have setup a $1500 live ECN @1:50 account and will start live on Monday.
:53:

Hey Folks, im trying this one out too. Had some minor problems with Oanda regarding FIFO etc, nothing spectacular but i dont want to get an E-Mail everytime the bot is trying to close a trade. Just moved opened another demo acc and everything is ready to go. Lets get the trading going on, little bot. :slight_smile:

By the way, the support is great!

I had a couple of trades on eur usd in the morning which was a $10 loss. However there was no action from the master scalpers in the evening which I thought was odd. Did anyone else experience this?

But then again it wasn’t a bad thing as I see that the smartfx account is currently on losing trades which is also the same for my demo account but nothing on my live hotforex account.

Overall this week has been very positive :wink:

I’ve had 3 different instances in the past 4 weeks where I had to intervene and close trades in my Oanda Demo account because the EA’s would open a trade without a stoploss. In all fairness I don’t know where the issue lies but my two other demo accounts have been fine. So I decided to dump the Oanda Demo and open an MB Trading demo in its place. I suspect I will ride these demos through the year before going live with these EA’s. I’m in no hurry :slight_smile:

I’ve had 3 different instances in the past 4 weeks where I had to intervene and close trades in my Oanda Demo account because the EA’s would open a trade without a stoploss. In all fairness I don’t know where the issue lies but my two other demo accounts have been fine. So I decided to dump the Oanda Demo and open an MB Trading demo in its place. I suspect I will ride these demos through the year before going live with these EA’s. I’m in no hurry :slight_smile:

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

That is the perfect attitude! Be patient and be observant and you will find success

I read that on a fortune cookie :smiley: just kidding. But seriously great attitude.

I am also running the master scalpers on a live hotforex account and I did not have any trades on Friday either. I was wondering if I was the only one, but I guess not.

Hey Guys,

This is my first post on BabyPips. Just wanted to say that after reading through lots of threads on here and other forums I have decided to try out the Smart FX Technology EA. Just got setup with MB Trading and will be using this EA in a demo account until I am confident enough to set it live. I used to dabble in forex back in 2006 but haven’t done a whole lot since then. It looks like EA’s have come a long ways since then. I’ll post updates as I get some trades going with smart Fx. Thanks Johnny for making this thread! I’ve learned a lot and am looking forward to getting a nice steady return.

Jeff

Johnny, I’m on live. Are you using all default setting?