Smart FX Technology

Hi again,
You are right Forexproptrader, UsdJpy is unaffected by ECOFIN (hopefully), so it has a normal schedule. Only Euro pairs get skipped.

This is the story with the upcoming update, which will be released this week:
Our EAs schedule is in GMT.
The market times do change in some countries in regards to GMT, and that affects the schedule we trade.
The new update will have the Nov-March schedule of the EAs, so they do not have to be adjusted manually.

The big surprise of the update is that we are going to include the improvements to the News Filter, to eliminate even more manual NoTrade Days. All G20, G7, ECOFIN meetings will now be automatically bypassed by the News filter.
Important: You still have to look out for seasonal No Trade Days, like “last day of the Month”, Thanksgivings weekend, End of December / Holiday season, End of monthly oil contracts (EurCad), events that do not post in the Forex Factory with a precise date, plus the NZD Interest rate day (EurAud only). But the list is as small as it can possibly be.

So the updates all relate to having the ea shut off automatically for news situations. Any other goodies to help ea from going
Long at intra day highs or having more dynamic sl or tp?

Hi Forexproptrader,
Although we are working on something related to that for the next update, it will not be included this time.
However the knowledge of which ones are valid intra-day highs is guaranteed to continue eluding us, since they look exactly the same as true-breakouts and our crystal ball is quite unreliable. Just kidding, of course, but then again, not really. We are using new variations to try to eliminate getting caught in patterns of whipsaw. That is going to help. But whether a high of the day is real of not as a signal for a breakout remains very elusive territory. The more you wish to confirm the breakout, the more times you avoid winning trades for being overly cautious, and leave too much money on the table. It’s really a tough call. In the long run we do very well, but in short runs you could have weeks that are just a pain, for all traders, manual and automated. Usually these weeks are those with huge undecided economic turmoil, as the last few weeks featuring the European debt crisis / Greek tragedy.

Are you turning on the ea for usdjpy Robert?

I didn’t skip any days. You sad we have to trade 30 days…

Hi Fredik,
Sorry if you did not follow the posts in this forum or the instructions in the website or the Owner’s Manual, but there are some days that should not be traded. We call the NoTrade Days, and are those days that the News Filter cannot bypass automatically. Please use the list quoted here for future reference, or refer to your Owners Manual.

It’s a gamble forexproptrader, you can trade usdjpy since it is not related to the Euro, but with this turmoil surrounding the Euro situation and its possible definition during this meeting I think I am staying out altogether Monday and Tuesday.

I did quite enjoy the analogy you used a while back regarding the boat Robert - I wonder if the EA could incorporate a “shipping forecast”, based on volatility / news for busy people who don’t have the time to analyse the markets ?

You could run a scale of 1 to 10, and allow people to set on / off / risks accordingly ?

Please ignore this suggestion if it sounds ridiculous :).

Hello Themtharhills,
Your suggestion is very good, since staying out of trouble is at the heart of success in Forex.
We have made further progress in getting the News Filter to bypass even more events: this week we are releasing an update that includes these improvements and things like G20 and other important meetings,which will be detected by the filter automatically, very much in line with your way of thinking.
The whole approach remains to automatize the response, as opposed to setting up a risk scale, to which traders would have to respond. The automated response to the risk level would be the default setting, where if News Filter is turned on (True). In this default setting we just go with the odds and bypass all these extra risky events.
Please notice that if you wanted to play it “extra safe” you could even turn on the filter for “yellow” or low risk events, although we feel that it would be missing too many trading opportunities.
Other events remain elusive for now, like “Thanksgiving weekend”, etc, and traders need to bypass these manually. But they are fewer than ever before. And all the time we are considering ways to improve on those too…
Please feel free to voice suggestions in this forum since I am always extremely interested in traders insight on the use of our EAs. Many, many improvements over the years have come from suggestions posted on these pages. Thanks.

I understand news trading is an important function of the ea’s performance but I think a more dynamic sl and tp are important also. any thoughts on eliminating the fills at intraday highs to take a max sl of 100 pips+?

Hi,
We are working on that too, in really cool ways. But not here yet, next update.
The issue remains always, is the top and intraday’s high, or the beginning of the rally we have been waiting for?

i agree and understand that just no sure 100 pip sl is necessary on the downside if it ends up being the top. I’m assuming if
after 30 days the ea’s are not profitable and we exercise the money back guarantee we get to keep the existing ea’s but any
future updates will not be provided, correct?

correct, you will never find out how good things have become… :15:

Robert!
I’d like to now if activity of the robot depend on the amount or it’s doesn’t mater 2000 or 20000? It’s seem like EA always dose the same 0.1p.

Hi Fredik,
Your account seems to be a Standard Account, not a micro account. The size of the smallest lots available from your broker is too big for the amount of money in the account balance.
Please contact your broker and ask them to change the account to a “micro” account, so your smallest lot can be 0.01.
If you get a micro account you will see differences in the trades, and much better results. Any micro account with more than $600 will show differences in lot sizes and will allow the Money Manager to work better, using proportionately larger lots for some of the pairs we trade.
You can always send me and email and request that I look into your account via remote-assitance. I will be glad to advice you further if I actually see the trades and the account.

be glad we were advised not to run ea’s today, they are down 300 pips today on my demo. i hope they perform better tomorrow.

What is your E-mail,Robert?

So 0.1 is too big for $5000 ?
What kind of account the best for $5000? 1:100 or 1:50?
Give the optimal account’s setup.

Hello Fredik,
Go to our website and email me, the address is in the Contact Us page. sorry, I cannot post email addresses here.

Yes, 0.1 is a bit large for $5000 account, you will constantly be using minimum lot sizes.
Try a micro account, it always gives you more flexibility. When starting at 0.01 the different pairs trade the correct number of lots to balance each other out: You do not want the pairs with large SL trading the same lot sizes as those pairs with small TP and SL. Otherwise the Breakout Hunter is ruling the day, and if it has an SL it drags the whole combo down. If the lots are properly balanced, the EurChf for example, will be trading 3 times larger lots, and so forth with other pairs. This way they complement each other much better.

You can use 100:1 or 50:1, either one is ok.

Hi Robert,
Have you activated your ea’s yet? I have the no trading days as being over and have started the 2 ea’s up on my charts. I didn’t get the update but am running the versions I have. Please let us know if you have turned yours on, i don’t see any active trades on your myfxbook account.

Hi guys

I have reactivated my ea’s since this morning 7am uk time. So far the breakout hunter has made me $30.

I would also like to give John from SmartFX a big thank you for the remote session last week, appreciate your patience and hard work.

Now let’s hope it carries on kicking butt :wink: