Smart FX Technology

I started yesterday afternoon, so far sitting at -8.00 from my starting balance in a live account. I’ll keep everyone posted as well on how everything is performing.

Jeff

Not sure how you could run more than one account on the same broker/MT4. Like themtharhills said you can run different MT4’s from different brokers at the same time. This is what I do. But I haven’t pursued the answer to the question of multiple accounts on the same broker yet. If you log out, you will kill your MT4. Be sure to have your MT4’s run as a service so that if there is any interruption (reboot) of your server, the MT4’s will automatically restart. Also have it interact with your desktop. If you need more information on this, let me know and we can discuss offline.

I’m still a student of forex so I don’t claim to know anything :slight_smile: But my day job is an IT Director and I claim to know something (but not everything) :slight_smile: At least in regards to computers.

Tim

Hi, I have a server running Server 2008 R2 and I have 6 instances running of MT4, all on HotForex accounts. 2 are live accounts, 2 are demo.

The trick it that you re-install the mt4 platform again and during installation add say a “2” at the end of the program group name and the same for the install path. Complete the installation. Then you can install again and add a “3” on the next one and so on. You can then start each one and log it into a different account.

I also have two running on the same account and these robots running on one instance, and Wallstreet running on a different instance.

Hope this helps

Matt :slight_smile:

Robert,
Last couple days I see the Alert:GetNewsFF Error - Web page download was not complete
what is it?

Hi Robert,

I had a problem with my VPS today and have had to reboot. There are trades open from your EA’s so will your EA’s take control of them again or do I have to manually manage them? There are stop losses in place but no TP’s. Thanks, Matt.

deleted - I didn’t read the whole thread - sorry :slight_smile: - thanks for the help mighty matt ! :slight_smile:

On my VPS, I can only run one instance of MetaTrader 4 for some reason. This being the case, how would I run a demo account and a live account at the same time ? I can only log into one account at a time it seems. Do the EAs keep working when I log out of an account ? This seems unlikely to this novice.
Any help gratefully recieved. 

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

okay here is what you have to do. First off you can run as many instances of mt4 that you want and you can run as many of the same account as you want.

When you go to install mt4 just change the directory. it will say install in C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader - FXOpen or whatever pops up. Just add a 2 at the endo of fxopen or hot forex or whatever. You can do this as many times as you want. Next install you would add a 3 than a 4 ets.

than for select program group just do the same thing.

After you have installed an instance of mt4 it would be helpful to right click on the icon and change the name to correspond with whatever number you added.

This way you can run demo and live. A great thing about smart fx tech is that you are not limited in terms of licenses so go ahead try different brokers out on demo. This way you can see who is doing better.

hope this helps,
Thanks,
John

Hey, how’s everyone’s trades going today? Had to reboot my VPS this morning and haven’t had anything from either Master Scalper, Breakout or even Wallstreet. Just wondering if something has happened?

Matt.

I’ve had a bunch, something is up with mt4 if you havent had any. Haven’t made much $$ today, if any.

Jeff

Thanks Auto,

Hmmmmmm have restarted it since then too and still nothing. Might reboot the server again and restart the mt4’s.

Seems a bit strange as it closed some trades that were open when I had to reboot. Will look intoit a bit more. Account logging in fine. Might try closing charts and starting again.

Thanks, Matt.

Hello Traders:
The Alert: GetNewsFF Error is displayed whenever there is an internet interruption during the attempt to update the News calendar. If you see the titles of the reports displayed in the charts, it means that it has been able to update in a subsequent attempt. Just delete the messages and don’t worry about it. If you have many hours of internet interruption, it is good to know about it, and this message will alert you to it.

Yes, the EA will regain control of the positions once you turn the MT4 back on after a reboot, no problem.
It does not display the TP because it is dynamic and depends on price action. The SL, however, is sent to the broker when the positions are opened, to protect us from technology failure.

Thanks Jonny for the advice - am tempted to stick with Hotforex at the moment though - my demo account of 5k is now sitting at 5.7 k after 30 days. That’s a very nice return. Shame it’s not real :).

Have got my live currenex account with them down to 1:100 now, so time to finally take the plunge.

If I run 2 scalpers, will the money manager allow those scalpers to use bigger lots, than if I was running all 6 EAs ?

I found some bonus on my poker account some days ago. Im currently 100$ up and if i make it to the +250$ i will give the Breakout-Hunter a first live try. Yes, i wanted to test the bot some months on demo first but why not testing it under real circumstances with money “out of nowhere”. Nothing to lose, right? :slight_smile:

Hi Phenex

If I were to choose a single pair to trade, it would be euraud (it made $212 on my $5k demo last week, so $40 for a $250 account I’d guess? ) . I would also want to trade it with at least $500, at least that’s the minimum amount that I believe Robert suggested. If you are going to trade with $250, make sure it’s with a 1:50 leverage and micro lots. Even then, I suspect that would be risky, you would more than likely liquidate your account with a couple of bad trades, read Roberts’ previous answers for the best way to play this EA.

Hey thanks for your answer but robert said 250$ is fine for the Breakout-Hunter alone and you need 500$ for the Masterscalper. For the Combo 1000$ would be best. But i guess one or two of the scalpers would be okay with the 250$ too.

I found some bonus on my poker account some days ago. Im currently 100$ up and if i make it to the +250$ i will give the Breakout-Hunter a first live try. Yes, i wanted to test the bot some months on demo first but why not testing it under real circumstances with money “out of nowhere”. Nothing to lose, right?

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Only thing I can say is I am a bit of a rebel. My test account bit the dust and then I received a $100 commission from hotforex. Since than that account just hit $1500

keep in mind my risk started out insane and is ill advisable.

You received a 100$ commission? How does that work? Would be nice if you could explain. Maybe pm me about it, so we dont spam this thread.

my apologies for getting it wrong phenex, thanks for the correction.

IV made $900 on a $1500 account since last week but this was due to my account having the wrong percentage on, very high risk luckily it didn’t go the wrong way. As Jonny suggests its not wise, I’m back to defaults.

The same story
I was up all week but Breakout-Hunter lost everything again…:frowning: