Smart FX Technology

You received a 100$ commission? How does that work? Would be nice if you could explain. Maybe pm me about it, so we dont spam this thread.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

all you do is sign up with hotforex as an affiliate and than open an account under your own link. You will receive 60% of your commissions back. They can either direct deposit it or deposit it into a trading account (which is what I did)

So I had a blown account and than $100 in commissions got deposited and than I also got 50% deposit bonus so my starting capital on this account was $100 + $50 bonus. This was the first week of September and now in under 3 months the test account is up to $1500.

Just be careful with the 50% bonus thingy from hf. It is a marketing ploy to get you to over leverage your account because if your margin dips to a certain level hf will take back there bonus. So if you go this route just keep your risk even lower so you really don’t over leverage yourself right into a margin call.

Breakout hunter put me down when i first opened up my live account but as of right now this AM its doing well with the Eur/USD.

"Just be careful with the 50% bonus thingy from hf. It is a marketing ploy to get you to over leverage your account because if your margin dips to a certain level hf will take back there bonus. So if you go this route just keep your risk even lower so you really don’t over leverage yourself right into a margin call.

"

Quick question jonny, should I be ok with the 6 EAs with $1500 ( + 750 bonus) on a live account with 100:1 leverage ? Or should I consider moving down to 50:1 ?

Hi Guys, after having to reboot my server yesterday morning (I’m in New Zealand so my yesterday is your today) I have had no trades at all on the Smart FX bots. They are installed on two live accounts and 1 demo account. Wallstreet has been trading though. When I had to reboot I had trades open and after the bots took control of them and closed them for profit. Since then nothing. It’s now sat morning (your fri afternoon) and was nothing all last night which was most of UKsession and all of NY.

Any suggestions???

Other option is to totally rebuild over the weekend or just maybe uninstall and re-install everything?

Any thoughts would be great.

Was up 6% first week trading real, took a hit Thursday and with no trading since finished week up 2.44%. Not to bad for first week and issues :slight_smile:

The Combo had a good start to the week on my live account but Thursday and Friday were shocking, losing 4% over 2 consecutive days. Most of the losses were from the MS, with the BH performing reasonably well).

Problem solved …

Have discovered that when I reboot my server, the windows time reverts to a base time of the provider even though the time zone etc is set correctly in windows. This throws out the “News” time in the two bots and they don’t trade. I will have to remember to do a time sync in windows before launching the mt4’s after a reboot. Trick for young players I guess :slight_smile:

Matt

Matt, I’ve been losing money since I started on Wednesday. Be glad you havent been trading lol. I’m not down a whole lot, 25$ on a $5k account but we shall see what the future holds next week and the coming months.

I have had the Master Scalper for 2 weeks, but I have no trades for either Friday. I believe something must be wrong with my setup. Can someone please advise if Master Scalper trades on Friday? I am using HotForex by the way.

Yankees,
The Master Scalper trades on Fridays until 20:30 gmt.
In other words, 90 minutes before the market closes it stops entering new orders.
Any open orders are administered as usual.
If you feel something is wrong, please email me and we can take a look in a remote session.

Hi Yankees

My hotforex has been the same, but checking the trading results from yesterday its not a bad thing that we didn’t trade.

Let me know if you find anything wrong.

Thanks
Fraz

Robert,

There is a difference in how the bot works on live and demo account (or maybe mini vs. regular account), or at least that’s what symptoms indicate.

I agree with what you said about opening a trade on live vs. demo account. On Demo account, as long as you are connected to the server and trade parameters are correct, the trade will be opened. On Live account, trade may not be opened for a number of reasons, even if trade parameters are correct. Agreed on that.

This is not what I’m referring to.

The difference I’m referring to is how the bot generates trades. If bot identifies an opportunity based on market conditions, it attempts to open a trade. In my case, bot did not identify the same opportunities on demo as it did on live account. I’m looking at Journal, where on demo trade is initiated, yet there is no attempt to open the same trade on live account – no trace of it in Journal. If trade could not have been opened for reasons you stated, then we would see a message under Journal, showing that the bot attempted to open the trade and stating the reason (error message) indicating the reason why. In my case, the trade does not exist in Journal on live account.

Results after first week of trading:

DEMO ACCOUNT, IBFX.

Week 14-18 Nov. Results below include only closed trades. Using standard settings for all bots.

euraud +97.8 pips
eurcad +90.5 pips
eurchf -85.5 pips
eurgbp -37.5 pips
eurusd -549.4 pips
usdjpy -58.6 pips

Closed Trade P/L Pct: -8.34%

Quick question jonny, should I be ok with the 6 EAs with $1500 ( + 750 bonus) on a live account with 100:1 leverage ? Or should I consider moving down to 50:1 ?

I don’t see why not just make sure you keep your risk percent to at least 2 or less.

Robert,

There is a difference in how the bot works on live and demo account (or maybe mini vs. regular account), or at least that’s what symptoms indicate.

I agree with what you said about opening a trade on live vs. demo account. On Demo account, as long as you are connected to the server and trade parameters are correct, the trade will be opened. On Live account, trade may not be opened for a number of reasons, even if trade parameters are correct. Agreed on that.

This is not what I’m referring to.

The difference I’m referring to is how the bot generates trades. If bot identifies an opportunity based on market conditions, it attempts to open a trade. In my case, bot did not identify the same opportunities on demo as it did on live account. I’m looking at Journal, where on demo trade is initiated, yet there is no attempt to open the same trade on live account – no trace of it in Journal. If trade could not have been opened for reasons you stated, then we would see a message under Journal, showing that the bot attempted to open the trade and stating the reason (error message) indicating the reason why. In my case, the trade does not exist in Journal on live account.

Arthur is it possible that the price feeds are different enough that the ea’s didn’t trade? But you would think that the ea would open trades on the demo and not the live account??? Maybe Robert can shed some light on this.

Johnnykanoo,

I agree that it is most likely market conditions, be it the price, spread, etc. I trust that account type (regular, mini, micro) has nothing to do with that. Out of curiosity, I compared O/C/H/L for a couple of candles over the last week period. Price seems to be identical between live and demo.

I will continue testing on demo account with IBFX, but will not continue testing on IBFX live account, even though losses were very insignificant. I guess we hit one of those weeks … I will start testing on HotForex demo account, followed by HotForex live account later this week.

Still trust that this is a good bot and will continue testing going forward. I guess back testing is not really possible, considering news feed being the factor.

the only thing I know for a fact about demo v live is that live accounts suffer requotes and longer fill times so that is where the difference would be. If I were to pull up a couple of charts and compare historic data they would look identical as far as I know.

Anyway try hf if you like them and go live with them I suggest sign up as an affiliate so you can earn commissions from your trading.

Underway with Master Scalper!

Took the plunge after reading this thread and my e-mail to Robert. Running on a demo account with 50:1 leverage and starting balance of $1,000. Will let it run until 12/20 and see how it made out in this 30-Day trial.

Bought the Combo but did not load Breakout Hunter. Many of the comments here shows it to be tempermental. Perhaps it is due to the B.S. that is happening in Europe with the Euro Zone (EZ) and their inability to reign in Greece and other debtor nations. I will wait to run Breakout Hunter until things settle down some in the EZ. Johnny or Robert, if you think this rational is not necessary, please comment and let me know why.

I will give updates here on how this test is running. It will be on a weekly basis (Friday GMT -5). No need for daily reports as one could be an up day and the next a down day. Weekly should even it out for a better picture of the EA’s performance.

Happy Trading to All!!!

Robert,

Is the Master Scalper suppose to trade as soon as the market opens on Sunday afternoon? I am in the US east coast and at 5:00 as soon as hotforex platform opens the MS takes trades. But the funny thing is it does not trade on Fridays. Could it somehow be set a day ahead? and trade from Sunday-Thursday instead of Monday-Friday?

I just purchased MS today and installed it. After a few minutes, it opened 2 orders in EURAUD. I am now in on EURCAD with 3 orders. Just letting it run straight out of the box and seeing how it will run.

Happy Trading!!!

Ok thats what I have. Maybe its alright, but I just don’t know why it has not traded any on Fridays.