Smart FX Technology

**edit I made a slight mistake. BH was set to 2.0 risk and is now reduced to 1.0 IDK what I was thinking??? But I wanted to give you guys a clear idea of how I manage my risk. So looking over BH and her poor performance for November I would certainly reduce risk to 1.0 for the remainder of the year.[/QUOTE]

How to change RISK?

Go to the expert advisor properties (F7), scroll down to TF_M1.LotPcnt and change that % for M1/M5/M15 where they exist (not all the pairs use all of M1/M5/M15 some only use 2)

Hello Johnny,

With a friend we are considering to enter with an EA. Well, as for now, I cannot see any robot, that represents a real capability to perform profitable in the long term. I’d like to see some proof, for instance a live mt4stats.com graph or anything that proves that the system works. Have you seen an EA, that hadn’t give up in the long term? I’ve seen you use Hotforex/Currenex services, actually we know how the brokers work so it’s not an issue. The only issue I see now, the lack of a working robot. We are open to deal with this matter, but we’d like to know if it’s worth considering. Thanks for any information!

steve

hey steve I have posted a link to myfxbook. I started with these ea’s in the beginning of September. I realize this is not enough time to tell for sure and a longer track record would be required. I truly feel these ea’s are what you are looking for. They are profitable with a very small drawdown and support is unmatched anywhere in the industry! The only thing I can suggest is either buy it for yourself. There is a money back guarantee or else keep an eye on this thread and follow our results.

I will include my link again for myfxbook. You will have to filter the results using the custom analysis button. If you don’t know how to do that let me know and I will be happy to help you. Otherwise the magic numbers are labeled as break out hunter and smart scalper. There are 5 smart scalper pairs and 1 breakout hunter. By doing custom analysis you will be able to see the results.

Otherwise the link in the first post will lead you to the Smart FX Tech website and the developers have posted results there as well as a ton of information.

I understand your skepticism, I really do. These ea’s give most of us some very real hope. the results are great and there is no sign of letting up.

Believe me when I tell you, my usual routine is get an ea test it, if it works well go with it until it craps the bed than it goes into the junk pile while I look for other profitable ea’s. This is the first time in my career that I am not looking for any other ea’s at the moment. Don’t get me wrong I will always keep my eye’s open and if these ea’s start to perform poorly I will be the first to tell everyone, but its just not the case here.

Anyway good luck in your search

**edit forgot the link lol!

(just click on the widget)

please keep in mind you will have to filter the results. This account was blown up in mid August and started back up with a $100 bucks, now it is nearly $1800 in under 3 months and very sensible risk management. See for yourself, and if you need help to filter the results just let me know.

Thanks,
John

johnny thanks for posting this!

i have a question ( i already asked but i want to be sure )

if i have a demo here in Colombia and i want to try this robots, does the latency of my computer affects the results?

at hotforex i have a delay of 400 ms and from alpari i have 200 ms

my guess is that with those high latencies the scalper performance is going to be bad.

do you think that for testing purpuses do i have to try it from a vps.

also, do you think is better to buy it this month ( i´ve heard that December is a no trade month) or better to wait january or feb.

thanks again for all your help, it has been incredibly helpful for me.

:smiley:

Here’s mine since I started almost 2 weeks ago. Seems like I got in at a bad time :slight_smile: Cant wait to see what these EA’s do in December.

arbolive I don’t think the latency is a huge issue. The only way to know for sure is to live test with very small lots (micro) this way you will know how the ea’s perform. As for buying now or later, that is up to you

Is december really a NO TRADE month?

Hi Traders:
December is fine, all the way to the Christmas - New Year season, when it becomes No Trade.
The No Trade blackout dates are Dec 22nd thru Jan 5th.

The robots will stop trading those days automatically, no need to babysit them.
And of course, there are manual controls in the EA to override this NoTrade days, although we suggest you take those days off.
Trust me, you don’t want to scalp in those ultra-thin markets…

Thank You, Sir. :slight_smile:

Well, you should have found the reasons why that account had been blown up. I don’t know the real margin ratio it worked with, but 300:1 leverage seems quite huge. Even if we have a simulation (and a live account) with great results, we should not exceed 2-5% drawdown on total equity at a certain time moment should all SL loss levels give up on all accounts. This criteria is very basic. Don’t get me wrong, I’m just telling out of my experience what I would expect from a system I call good. We’ve been watching markets since 9/11. I will check out this EA and certainly posts results of simulation, demo and real accounts if we get there anyways. Do These two EA like ECN brokers or it isn’t necessary? Do you run them with the 5$ / 100k $ comission on Currenex / Hotforex?

gl & gt

steve

Thank You, Sir.

Well, you should have found the reasons why that account had been blown up. I don’t know the real margin ratio it worked with, but 300:1 leverage seems quite huge. Even if we have a simulation (and a live account) with great results, we should not exceed 2-5% drawdown on total equity at a certain time moment should all SL loss levels give up on all accounts. This criteria is very basic. Don’t get me wrong, I’m just telling out of my experience what I would expect from a system I call good. We’ve been watching markets since 9/11. I will check out this EA and certainly posts results of simulation, demo and real accounts if we get there anyways. Do These two EA like ECN brokers or it isn’t necessary? Do you run them with the 5$ / 100k $ comission on Currenex / Hotforex?

gl & gt

steve

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

I know exactly why that account got blown up, but thank you. Also just because my account is 300:1 margin doesn’t mean I actually use that margin, its just available to me if I want. In fact I don’t think I have come anywhere near 300:1 in months.

Sure, that’s why I referred to the margin ratio / equity. Had you run these EAs (Smart FX ones) through simulation / demo account before they went live? And also, do you run the scalpers only or the breakout system on the EURO as well?

I’m running all the smartfx ea’s

hi this is a question for robert from smart fx systems, why are appearing at your myfxbook account so many withdrawals?

and this is for johnny: why did you stop trading with this ea since September? how is that EA performing for you today?

thanks.

Hi Arbolive,
Those “withdrawals” that you see, a few cents or a couple of dollars on every trade, are the ECN commissions that our broker charges. They call them “withdrawals” in that statement, but they are the trading commissions added by the ECN broker.

thanks Robert

Hi John,

as I can see at your myfxbook, you are using both Smart FX EA’s in demo mode?

thanks, Alex

ps: which broker do you recommend for these EA’s please? hotforex (whats the deal with “islam”, i don’t get it)?

Wierd…I had a 8 trades last night and one still open, I don’t see any trades on myfxbook from SmartFx. Robert, any clue?

Cheers

I did not get any trades, it was a No Trade day.
If you are not on v7.1.8, or if you think you have a problem please email me so we can take a look.

Broker: MB Trading (ECN), TimeZone: New York (currently GMT -4 on DST). Entries marked “withdrawals” correspond to the ecn commissions on trades charged by the broker.
Started trading on Oct.4th, 2011,

Since the Real Account is rather new, I am also posting the older demo tests.
They run each EA independently and show several months of trading. MB Trading cancelled all Demos on Nov 4th, but it helps to show the months before the Real Account started.

Breakout Hunter, started in April 2011. Updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

Master Scalper, started in August 2011, started with release of the previous update. Also updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

Sent you a mail…really weird…I’m on the correct version