Smart FX Technology

Yeah, it summer here so is pretty nice. Just had the rugby world cup here which was a huge event, plus we won so was the icing on the cake.

Government Election here tomorrow so will be interesting to see what happens with the NZD on monday. Pretty confident the same government and prime minister will be re-elected so things shouldn’t change to much.

Enjoy your weekend :slight_smile:

As today is a No Trade Day, I have done a summary of how the first week performed. Here are my results.

Based on this performance I will be adjusting the risk as follows:
EURAUD 2%/1%/2% to 2%/1%/2% (Default)
EURCAD 2%/1%/2% to 3%/2%/3%
EURCHF 2%/2% to 3%/3%
EURGBP 3%/3% to 4%/4%
USDJPY 4%/4% to 3%/3%
EURUSD 1%/1%/1% to 1%/1%/1% (Default)

Happy Trading!

Hi Johnny,
I presume these are TF_Mx.LotPcnt not TF_Mx.Lots?

Thanks Alex

yes lot percent

I had similar problem. Downloaded most recent MT4 from the broker, installed in new folder and installed EA.

Smart FX Technology & Broker Rebates:
Johnny, isn’t broker forex rebates another way to make $$$? Hot Forex gives $4 per R/T (A round turn is a completed trade - the opening and closing of a position). Wouldn’t scalp trading benefit the most using rebates because of the qty of trades? I found some good websites searching in google (forex broker rebates). I found these websites, but not allowed to give complete address (haven’t posted enough in Baby Pips which is understandable - scammers). These sites are: Forex Tradering Choice, Cash Back Forex USA & PipthePip.

Ive heard of cash back forex and they are decent. Anything that gives you rebates for your trades is worthwhile as long as the spread/commissions are reasonable.

Thanks. I got some help from support team at Smart FX

chatted a few minutes ago with a hotforex representative and they support my country! (clolmbia) i guess im going with them
with a currenex account. but first i have to demo the robot. do you think that i have to get a VPS for testing too? jhonny do you
use thrust right? what package?

thanks.

Hi to all,
I have just bought the EAs and I am testing them on a demo. My current live broker has been pretty clear on their no-scalping policy with some pretty nasty threats! :wink:

They are not against EAs as I have one running there currently and had no problems.

While I am looking for a new broker, I have been observing the couple of days trading on Master Scalper and I have noticed that the trades are all longer than 1 or 2 minutes. My broker definition os scalping seems to be trades which open and close within 1 minute, and clearly this does not seem to be the case with MS. Can someone with longer experience with MS can enlighten me?
Is anyone else here using a "non scalping " broker and gets away with it?

Thanks

Hi tradingshed
The EAs have a function that will not allow a position to be closed for a minimun of x number of minutes.
The default is set to 3 minutes in most pairs, but you can easily change that if you want to stick with that booker.
If a broker really dislikes scalping, you should be careful, since they have a huge bag of tricks they can pull on you. This is unnecessary when some many cool ECN brokers love scalpers because of the frequent trades.

Robert, Thank you for your reply.

I have been trying to connect with your online chat with no luck tonight.

I would like spreadbetting though (I am in the UK) and the choice is not vast.

If there is a 3 minutes it should be fine as their definition seems to be one minute.

Also, on the manual you mention leverage as a variable. What adjustment should be made for 100:1, 400:1 and 500:1?

Thanks

I must say how refreshing it is to see a developer taking such an active part in the forum. The image you guys portray through your site, this forum and the prompt and efficient customer service is the reason I bought the EA without hesitation. Well done

Good morning Asia, Good evening North and South America.
I am trying to figure out why there is a No trade day today, as Myfxbook doesn’t show anything with mayor importance in their calendar and its not yet the least the of the month. I know as a newbie the amount of information to incorporate into my daily analysis still seems a bit overwhelming, so I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me a hint on what I missed this time hahaha;)

ThrustVPS had to reboot my system last night as they notified me about some issues with the RAM on the Server with my VPS on - was down for about an hour - lucky Im on demo only as I was down 50 bucks by the time I could access again.
Hope the VPS will be running smoothly now;)

Happy trading to you all!

great to see so many new posters :smiley:
about using vps for testing, It is not necessary unless you have an unstable internet connection. Also how is the power grid? If it’s stable than you will probably be fine. I have the “Majestic” package with Thrust. Just make sure it is windows based. This is critical otherwise you will have compatibility issues with MT4

TS if your broker doesn’t allow scalping get rid of them. That is my advice. Those criminals want you to lose and you need the odds stacked in your favor! Demo other brokers and see how you feel. This of course is my opinion. If you do change brokers than I highly recommend an ECN broker.

The No Trade Day of Nov. 29th was due to an ECOFIN meeting that has been postponed to Wednesday 30th, but is already in our NoTrade calendar. Since the europeans are still under pressure to finish their debt deal by the end of the week, I am still taking the day off.
There are manual controls in the EA in case someone wants to override the NoTrade Day.
Inputs tab, under NoTrade_Days: change IgnoreDateFilter.On= False). Please make sure to turn it back to “true” the next day…

Also note that the EA will pick up the rescheduled Ecofin meeting by it’s name, no problem, so no trading on Wednesday.

Thank you robert for clearing that up;) really nice to be involved in such a helpfull community!

I´m new to forex. I´m currently trading futures but to diversify my investments I want to try forex and I´m very curious about SmartFxTechnology. But can anyone help me to chooce a good forex broker which suit this system. I would be very glad for every advice I can get. Thanks

Hi Swedtrader,
If at all possible use an ECN broker, since they welcome scalping strategies, such as ours.
There are many good ones: MB Trading, Pepperstone, Hotforex, FinFx and others.

All,
am I wrong in my understanding that ECN brokers are not always suitable for automated as their spread varies enormously?
I have accounts with ECN and non-ECN and some strategies just I cannot trade with my ECN as their spreads are crazy. In my manual trading, everything “fast” I have always chosen the non-ECN as the spreads are predictible. So far I had three trade losses refunded by a very reputable ECN as my loss was incurred on spreads of 50+ pips (100 pips on one occasion!) How does an EA protects from this?

My non-ECN, on the other side, it always has a predictible 2 p spread.

In my case it does not matter as I need spreadbetting and there are currently no ECN in the UK who offer spreadbetting and MT4 and welcome EAs.

Thanks

Hi,
Our EAs protect you against spike spreads, as in news reports, by staying out of the market during news times, fix times and most predictable volatile markets. Naturally this is not always perfect, but it is great in the long run.

Good fixed spreads, if your broker actually fills the trades when the signals are sent, are fine. Just too many brokers use tricks such as requotes, to avoid giving you the fill you ordered… It all depends on how honest your broker is.
The advantage of ECN brokers is that they do not lose money when you win, since their money is made in the form of commissions on the trade. This way they are happy to fill the order as the correct price.