Smart FX Technology

Correct, red means the report is suspending trading, normal yellow/orange means trading is normal.

I strongly recommend that you do not increase risk size. We are trading many pairs together, and you are asking for a margin call if thing get weird, which once in a while they will…
Having said that, if you want to increase it (it’s your account after all) you can increase the LotPercent for the different TFs. At least you will have the Money Manager distributing the lots according on the Free Margin in the account.

My personal account trades on default settings. Forex is a long term game, have patience…

Robert,

thank you for your quick reply. I understand your concern and I agree with you on risk. It is refreshing and conforting to be having such conversation with a developer…
I was just wondering if, when and if modifying risk, it is better to do it by carefully increasing the lot size (TF_M1.LOTS, TF_MF.LOTS etc) or by modifying TF_Mx.Lotpcnt.

Which is the most effective? Both up and down.

As stated before, I would not increase risk, due to the chance of a margin call.
If you trade with the default values you are virtually guaranteed never to have a margin call.

However, if you must drive way over the speed limit, the best way to do it would be with TF_M1.LotPcnt, and also M5 (and M15 in the pairs that use it)

Robert, sorry…again!

1. Am I right in understanding from the manual that if UseLotsPercent is set to TRUE, it overrides any value entered in TF_Mx.Lots and calculates the lot sizes itself? Therefore if one wanted to modify the lots traded would have to set UseLotsPercent to FALSE? (or just work with .LotPcnt).

You see, I am trading UK Spreadbetting and I am not trading lots. I am trading UK£ x pip. Therefore, what my broker calls “0.10” is UK£0.10 x pip which is the equivalent of a standard microlot (on 0.01). I just want to make sure that my position sizing is correct.

correct on 1)
I understand now, I thought you were trading Standard Lots.
Whichever way you go about it, see that the proportions of lots among the pairs remain the same, to keep the balance between them.

Currently, on a UK£5k account, 100:1, the EA is trading the equivalent of microlots, ie £0.10 x pip. Is that correct? I have a feeling I should be seizing for minilot (£1 a pip) I could not find anywhere in the manual recommended seizing x account size (example, for accounts of x size, use micro, then mini, then standard lots etc.)

It has only been a few days and I am trying to assess and adjust :slight_smile:

Thanks

If you want to trade 10 times harder to match the mini/micro lot size difference in your Spread Betting, upload the MBTrading presets that come with the EA.
Go to the Inputs tab, Load, choose the right preset, and ok.
You will be trading 10 times harder.
MB trading lot sizes are also 10 times smaller, so we provide those presets for a ready made solution.

Thank you Robert,

1. what is the size recommended for my size of account & leverage? Micro or Mini? In order to achieve the returns you are achieving.

2)I am not clear where to find MBTrading and how to implement it.

1. Are we ok to carry on on the forum or should I contact you on the website?

Thanks again

best via email, since the Spread Betting subject may confuse other traders.

Hello Robert. I got a question about the Broker your live acc is trading on - MB. I would like to trade there but the minimum lotsize there seems to be 0.1. Talking about an account size of $1000, this would be too much, because 1Pip would be one dollar. When i look up the trades of your bot on myfxbook, the bot is trading 0.1lot, 0.2lot etc. but one Pips does not seem to be one dollar but 10cent? Am i missing something here?

edit: Just contacted their support and one lot on MB seems to be just 10.000 units.

Yes Phenex,
MB Trading uses Mini Lots, not Standard Lots.
So their 0.1 is everyone else’s 0.01.
You would be fine with $1000.
Just upload the MBTrading presets from the Inputs tab, Load, find the correct preset and load it.
The EA will adjust the MM so that the Lots correspond to MB lot sizes automatically.

so here is my review of the past 2 weeks, since I purchased this EA. Please remember that there were several NO trade days in between, which makes the fact that it is still too early to draw valid conclusions even stronger!
Anyway, I decided to post them here and would love some comments and advice from the more experienced users of this EA-combo.

Had a 229USD profit and Nov 28th, but lost it all again;)

However there are some things that make me wonder:
-Why are my scalps open for several hours sometimes? Although Im a Newbie, I thought scalping was faster?
-my worst trade in pips is -115 pips… is this normal? or should the EA have reacted?

• are your Long entries from the last 2 weeks also mostly losers and your short entries mostly winners?
  • is it normal that with a 75/25 win to loose ratio of trades, Im still in the negative or is something with my EA’ s risk to gain ratio?
  • what kind of tweaks would you guys recommend?

Although I am known to be somewhat of a cynic-personality, I didn’t mean the above questions to be offending or anything like that!
I am well aware that it has simply not been enough time to evaluate this product properly, and I am well aware that it is a long term thing. I am just hoping to find out if my configurations need a review or potentially need to be fixed, and furthermore I am hoping for some advice on how to achieve similar levels of gain, as some of the participants of this thread (I mean YOU Johnny!;))

Now I hope the image will be posted properly, and I am looking forward to any feedback or advice.

Sincerely Fredy

i may ask, are most of the losing ( or the expensive ones) trades made by the BH ?

I have the same numbers like FredFresh:33:

hi arbolive
the Breakouthunter is the EURUSD pair, which is indeed one of the biggest losers during this short period.

@Fredik
Good to know Im not alone here;) how long have you been testing this EA so far? I am quite sure that after some tweaking, we will be in the black as well…

hmm, for what i’ve been reading the MS makes the profit and the BH eats it :56: . maybe you should put the risk value of the BH at 1% or less ( dunno if you can put it at 0.5% or something)

john: Were i live we say: “no answer is an answer” :wink:

Evidence has shown that the master scalper ist doing better than the BH. do you agree Robert @ FX? Maybe you should skip the BH and focus on the MS?

You said that there will be a new product in the nearer future. please be so kind a tell a little about it… (i’ll be waiting for that instead of buying the MS; just a student you know :wink: )

br alex

FredFresh, How did you have a 115 pips loss? I thought stops are all at around 20 pips. Therefore even the pairs that enter three trades, should not lose more than 60ish pips? Give it 80. Did you change anything in the settings?

Whish pair was it?

Hi tradingshed
I had multiple losses (more than a hundred pips) on the EURUSD pair on standard settings. Below I attach a picture showing 3 losses grater than 100 pips on the EURUSD pair.

However I need to mention that my VPS experienced some issues with the RAM on my rig and had to shut down my VPS a few times. It is quite possible that the EAs have been thrown out of sync, or losses were generated while the VPS was down. An other possibility is that something went wrong during my installation or with my settings (which is basically what Im trying to figure out here;)) So Im really not in the position nor is it my attempt to point a finger in any direction. Just want to get this EA to work for me in the black rather than the red;)

@ Arbolive, thank your for your suggestion.
Honestly I don’t even know what the current level is, as I just use the out-of-the-box standard settings… I did this on purpose since Im trying to figure out how well this EA is working. I am very sure after some tweaking it will all work perfectly, I would go even further and say: I think in the long term, this EA probably works fine on standard settings - I just didn’t give it enough time. However, I hope to figure out if my bot seems to work as intentioned, or if there are some mistakes I need to look after. I always appreciate feedback or advice;)

on the screenshot you can see the losing trades on the BH with more than 100 pip losses, and furthermore you can see how the master scalper ha suppositions open for more than 10 hours at a time. I am really wondering if this is normal on standard setting. please accept my apology for the Newbie questions, but I really thought scalping was a technique to keep trades open only for a few minutes or seconds (or milliseconds for the more influential institutions;)) Don’t get me wrong, as long as it is providing me with nice profits, I couldn’t care less if the master scalper keeps trades open for months or seconds;)

Sincerely Fredy

Hey guys, maybe you remember my post some days/weeks ago about my attempt to boost my bonus bankroll in some poker room from around $50 to $250, trying to give the BreakoutHunter something to work with. Well, i really made it but the results of the bot are not great so far. Ill keep the money for the moment.