Smart FX Technology

OK all, as we are posting very short term results with relative meaning, I thought I break the doom and gloom and give you my 4 days results :slight_smile: (with some NO TRADING in between).

Please bear in mind that I was trading at 1:10th of the size as I am spreadbetting and only now I got to grips with the sizing bit. Therefore Breakout Hunter would have made Ā£97.40 and Master Scalper Ā£200.62. Straight out of the box running 24/7 on VPS.

Breakout Hunter

Master Scalper

The above account is public @ MyFxBook but if you go to have a look at it, make sure you do custom analysis and choose the relevant magic numbers as these are not the only EAs runnig on the account.

Even more impressive is my Alpari Demo.

started on 28th (one day before the live) with one pair missing on the scalper as it is not loaded on Alpari demo.

Again, I was trading 1:10th of the size as it is a spreadbetting account (microlots) and the return was incredible. (OK, I know, not even a week). Multiply the profits by 10. It actually seems quite aggressive even for microlots. On the demo account the only difference is that I have removed the medium news, so the EA only stops trading on high news. (I hope I am right, Robert!) The spreads are a bit better on the Alpari demo than on my live account which might account for something. The difference is notable though

Iā€™ve started Nov 11 .

Hello Traders:
Interesting couple of weeks:
The Euro may or may not collapse, today looks good, but the past two weeks were a real question mark. It seems like itā€™s here to stay after all. :64:
I wish I could convey the deep consequences that this worldwide uncertainty brings to real life Forex trading!
Even then, the Combo is up for the 2 weeks.
For differences in peopleā€™s experiences, please refer to the articles written on different brokers.

This is the Combo, on Pepperstone, starting August 17th, 2011.

As for your questions:
-Scalping systems may involve very short trades or not so short ones. It primarily has to do with the range the pair keeps during the scalping session. in the EurChf or EurGbp, we are happy with just a few pips. In the EurAud or EurCad, we take longer trades because that is the price action of that pair and shorter trades, with less TP and SL, would only make the brokers rich, considering the spread you pay to play the game on these pairs.

• The SL of the Breakout Hunter (not a scalper) is set at 100 pips. This is not a problem, that IS the SL that makes the most money in the long term. If you cut down on the SL you will turn the pair unprofitable and find that over time your smaller SL values was the trigger for most of your losses. Pairs need breathing room! Particularly on your example of the Breakout Hunter, which is a trending strategy that must have its SL outside of the daily range.
  • The win/loss ratio in the long run is closer to 90%, in spite of the last 2 weeks. Please keep in mind that even then you had virtually zero drawdown!!! Not bad for the week of the Euro dissolution speeches and worldwide stock market roller-coasters, worst in over 2 years!
  • Tweaks, well, thatā€™s the expertā€™s game. Have fun with it! :41:

Greetings All,

The 2nd week is in the can and I have my results from my Forex.com Demo Account:

I have added the number of trades loss & won to the summary.

I continue to be concern about BH. It is performing as people on this thread have mentioned previously. Any profits that MS makes, BH takes and loses it on you. Still, I have faith in BH that it will turn around and give me what it has claimed it can do.

As for adjustments to the various pairs, I am making the following adjustments:
EURAUD LotPcnt Unchanged at 3.0/2.0/3.0
EURCAD LotPcnt Unchanged at 3.0/2.0/3.0
EURCHF LotPcnt 3.0/3.0 to 4.0/4.0
EURGBP LotPcnt 4.0/4.0 to 5.0/5.0
USDJPY LotPcnt 3.0/3.0 to 2.5/2.5
EURUSD LotPcnt Unchanged at 1.0/1.0/1.0

On another front, I have finally finishing the education track here on BabyPips. As such, I started another Demo Account and started to trade manually using what I have learned from the course. I opened it with $1,000 at 50:1. I was using Bollinger Bands, MACD with 2 Lines and Histogram. Each trade was for 0.05 lots and I was using the Major Pairs on TF M5. My results are as follows:

Total Trades: 23
Loss Trades: 1
Won Trades: 22
Net Pips: 207.7
Net Gain: 79.98%

Next week I will try a few other indicators to improve my understanding and performance. RSI looks like a good indicator to pair with Bollinger Bands and MACD. I will see and let you know.

Happy Trading!!

congratulatios man! good to read that. im at highschool, hehe

this is a test post

having technical difficulties this evening. I tried to copy/paste directly from myfxbook but it is crashing and wonā€™t let me post???

Okay here we go again. Phew pain in the butt!!

Anyway what I was trying to do is show Alex that my test account is real and not demo. It says it right in the top left of my page. I donā€™t know where you see demo???

Anyway sorry I didnā€™t answer your post I was busy all day today, nearly 14 hours straight. Here is my investor password so you can log onto my account directly. You can tell by the deposits and the 50% bonus deposits if you look at my account history.

account 23870 password YAr2tQKJM

so please donā€™t accuse me of lying. Even in a round about comical way, I donā€™t appreciate it with your no news is news remark.

Seriously I have been posting here almost daily for over 4 years and I have always tried to answer peopleā€™s questions and I have always tried to be helpful.

I do trade live and I do love it. It is my passion and for some crazy reason I actually enjoy posting here because there are a lot of us who have a similar dream. Mine is to have forex allow me to travel the world like a big giant vacation for the rest of my life.

As for everyone else Iā€™m glad to see so much posting an live results. I skimmed through the last 100 pages that were all posted today :smiley: so now I will have to go back and look over the results that were posted.

As always Robert you are awesome. Iā€™m glad so many people can recognize how cool you are to participate here and help all of us out. Other vendors can take a lesson seriously.

Okay Iā€™ll shut up now. Iā€™ll talk to you guys later.
Thanks,
John

this hasnā€™t been a huge week for me but smart fx did earn 2.74% than wally turned around and gave back -4.55% ''Oh well have a good night everybody, I need a drink!

Had a 229USD profit and Nov 28th, but lost it all again

However there are some things that make me wonder:
-Why are my scalps open for several hours sometimes? Although Im a Newbie, I thought scalping was faster?
-my worst trade in pips is -115 pipsā€¦ is this normal? or should the EA have reacted?

• are your Long entries from the last 2 weeks also mostly losers and your short entries mostly winners?
  • is it normal that with a 75/25 win to loose ratio of trades, Im still in the negative or is something with my EAā€™ s risk to gain ratio?
  • what kind of tweaks would you guys recommend?

Although I am known to be somewhat of a cynic-personality, I didnā€™t mean the above questions to be offending or anything like that!
I am well aware that it has simply not been enough time to evaluate this product properly, and I am well aware that it is a long term thing. I am just hoping to find out if my configurations need a review or potentially need to be fixed, and furthermore I am hoping for some advice on how to achieve similar levels of gain, as some of the participants of this thread (I mean YOU Johnny!)

Now I hope the image will be posted properly, and I am looking forward to any feedback or advice.

Sincerely Fredy

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Hey Fredy if you want my results you just have to do what I do :smiley: hahha!
Just messing around. Earlier I posted my risk profile for each pair. look it over and see how I decide what risk for what pairs. It is the only thing I do different than others. The eaā€™s are all set to default, my account is hotforex currenex and my outlook is one of patience.

I hate to give my profits away when I get them but it happens my account constantly moves back and forth but ultimately it advances. I never understood people who said ā€œow well I lost but it was only house moneyā€ What the heck if itā€™s in my account itā€™s my money you know what I mean.

Also keep in mind this is not a race, keep your risk in check! Seriously if December ends up sucking (and it is entirely possilbe) you will want to survive it to trade in 2012. Hard to trade when you lose all your money you know what I mean. Just be advised that at the end of the year the markets get thin and unpredictable and that could mean bad news for our scalpers. BTW they are called scalping because of the small profit target. Scalping can mean different things to different people. Some times it is get in get out in 30 seconds with a pip profit, and to a swing trader anyone who opens and closes a trade in one day is a scalper. Smart fx is somewhere in the middle. Yes trades stay open sometimes but that is to be expected.
Okay Iā€™m really going to get that drink now.

dear john,

i apologize! didnā€™t want to accuse you in any way! i am just very sceptical you see? :slight_smile:

i saw the summary of your EAs at myfxbook and there was the word ā€œdemoā€ in the line of smart fx. today i couldnā€™t even see the smart fx EAā€™s, just hotforex smart scalper and breakout hunterā€¦ maybe my glasses were blind. sorry again.

i am just a beginner in the forex market and any help is very appreciated! i live in germany and i am still unsure which VPS to choose (USA, UKā€¦?) or which broker and so on. sadly i have a 9 to five job and only some hours in the evening to learn about trading forex. i love to win, not to make money in the first place. :wink:

@vince: congratulations, that is remarkable!!! :smiley: very good job.

regards and have a nice day

Alex

Hi mrql

It sounds like the scalper and the breakout hunter that you see are the SmartFX EAā€™s.

Hi edwards,

hmm, and there is the status ā€œdemoā€. Anyway, i am having problems to load the myfxbook siteā€¦

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the snapshot. I also went on MyFxBook and found your page with the various charts for the accounts you are running. Nice run on Smart FX. Does having a large leverage effect the numbers you are getting? I am running at the US limit of 50:1.

Thanks for sharing and all your efforts and comments on the thread.

Happy Trading!!

Thank you very much Robert and Johnny and everyone else for that matter!
You posts really calmed my mind, as I wasnā€™t sure If something is not running properly on my EAs, but now I feel better about the proper functionality of my system.

I know risk management is handled differently by each person, but I noticed that some members here are setting lot% all the way up to ā€œ5ā€, while some are increasing standard settings up to maybe a ā€œ2ā€ if they feel strongly about a pair.
I am mostly concerned about protecting my funds (I would certainly not mind at all to make killer profits along the way;))
And these dramatic differences of lot% are a bit confusing to me. I was thinking of adjusting the very profitable pairs to a ā€œ2ā€ instead of ā€œ1ā€, but I would greatly appreciate any comments or advice on that idea. (Since I am only in demo right now, I wonā€™t bother to turn off a pair like USDJPY, which is performing less fortunate than other pairs - I might turn off ā€œbadā€ pairs once Im liveā€¦)
Another thing I would like to ask: Is anyone restricting their pairs to trade only long or only short?

By the way Johnny, your dream sounds very nice! I might be a newbie in Forex, but I am a very experienced traveler;) And while I share the dream of a successful Forex strategy, and love itā€™s advantage of being geographically independent, I would like to stress a very important fact: Money is NEVER an issue! But a widely used excuse;) You can travel around the world without heaps of money - it all depends on your expectations of standards. In case you are already aware of all that and maybe an even greater hardcore traveler than me, than please accept my apology for my comments here;) In that case it might help anyone else reading it;)

I wish you all a great weekend

Hi Fred,

I would not turn off any pair even when I go live. What I am doing is to adjust the LotPcnt. Profitable EA Pairs I raise this number. On the Losing EA Pairs, I lower the number. As for the number being high, it is all relative. Every individual have their own risk tolerance. That is what you should follow and not what anyone else is doing. For me, 5% is my limit. Running on a demo account helps me see how these changes effect the overall account performance. I then adjust my EAs from what I have learned. It is mostly an art with some science thrown in.

Happy Trading!!

Thanks Vince
As planned, I adjusted my lot% a little and will see if its making things better or worse;)

have a good one.

Hi all,
my little contribution to this EA performance. Iā€™m running it for approx 2 weeks on HotForex Currenex live account. Reduced all the default risk settings to half on every pair. Trading Master Scalpers only. The USDJPY pair was added just 2 days ago (half risk as well). Even the EA earned some small pips (155), all the profit has been eaten by commissions :slight_smile: and now itā€™s in loss.

see the results at mt4i (users/hm_hotforexreal). Sorry cannot place links so far :slight_smile:
note: ignore the very first trade which is not the SmartFX. The rest is purely this EA.

Just bought MS and put it on demo account. Hope it can get some good results in a few weeks then I may put it on live one:)