Smart FX Technology

Hello Felipebr, great question!
The reason is why the EurCad and EurUsd has been more successful in the short positions than in long positions in the second half of last year is that the Euro has lost value due to the debt crisis. Consequently the long positions are the ones that suffered Stop Losses. In normal markets, or over longer periods of time, it does not matter and they should be more of less the same.
In the case of the EurAud, however, which has lost value for the last couple of years and should continue to do so in the long term because of the substantial interest rate difference between the Australian Dollar and the Euro, we do favor going short, enough to take advantage of the long term trend. If you look at the settings called “Buy and Sell Corrections” you will see that in the EurAud, we enter short 3 pips before reaching the edge of the price channel (SellCorrection=-3), and long at exactly the edge of the channel (BuyCorrection=0). This favors the fundamentals of the EurAud short trend.
In the EurCad and the EurUsd there are no major fundamental reasons for a particular trend to hold over a long time, but just a political situation in Europe that has caused the Euro to drop, but could, as it has occasionally, reverse at any time.

Hi, great answer… I understand. :slight_smile:

Thank you

hi fellas,

i read the manual of the MS and i can say, that i trust robert every day a little more. :wink:

btw. MBT is giving me a hard time to fund my account. maybe i should choose a different broker :-/

I’m having issues getting funded there as well. Extremely slow. I attribute it to the holidays and I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt…at least for now :wink:

Tim

i will give them some days, after that i am gone!

Robert Robert… do you have plans to take off or improve USD/JPY Scalper ? As I see in your fxbook it’s not profiting like the other pairs. I would say it’s not profiting.

Best regards

Hi,

You guys should try HotForex. I have had no problems at all with them, no pressure at all and funding is always very quick. Even during the holidays it has been great.

They also have great customer support etc too.

Worth a look :slight_smile:

Matt.

try taking your money out…

I’ve done testing with HFX on a demo account. Heard good things but I decided to go with MB. They are only a couple of hours away and I have a VPS set up that they work with (money back). I might eventually go with HotForex for the better leaverage but I’m not there yet :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Tim

i surely won’t send 100K to trinidad o.e. :smiley:

Please do tell. I think there are a number of people that are either planning or are using HotForex so experience with this broker is welcomed.

Tim

Hi Guys,

I have had no problem taking money out. I deposit and withdraw using my Visa so is very straight forward. If you deposit during the hours stated then it it very quick.There are no fees which is great and the only fee I pay from my bank is $5 if I withdraw the cash off my visa or free if I transfer it to one of my bank accounts.

Credit Card Deposit:
Minimum Deposit $5
Maximum Deposit $500
Deposit Fees: No Fees
Deposit Time: Fast Execution between 07:00 - 22:00 GMT (Mon - Fri), 10AM GMT and 2PM GMT (Saturday) and 12 Noon GMT until 4PM GMT (Sunday).

Credit Card Withdrawal:
Minimum Withdrawal $5
Maximum Withdrawal $10000
Withdrawal Fees: No Fees
Withdrawals submitted before 9am GMT are processed on the same day between 9am GMT and 5pm GMT

This is not a pitch or anything just giving my experience.

Matt.

they used to do wire transfers to your bank. but that was cut. funding to a credit card is bad.
there are a lot of credit card companies that will not allow you to over fund your credit card.

i got my money from them, but my card [visa] will not allow me to use it as a profit transferring medium.
thats considered money laundering for some cc companies. great to have the IRS on you.

i find this brokers that use this method are just shell brokers. real brokers will deal with your bank. not credit cards, clickbank.

and hotforex’s spreads are terrible for scalping… i used them.

try master scalper on GOMARKETS working for me…

everybody getting ‘no trade day’ ?

Hi all,

I had no problem with HF funds withdrawal as well. Fill up the withdrawal form, received my $ back into my credit card within 4 business days. (I was able to verify this only at a later date when my credit card statement was made available)

For discussion sake, I have withdrew $ (twice) from ThinkForex as well, no issues. Only setback is they charge a fee of USD$15 for withdrawal.

Rgds

Hi Guys,

My credit card is with my bank and it can be in credit as much as it likes. They have no issue with it at all.

I see HotForex also does bank transfers however I have not used them.

Matt.

“try master scalper on GOMARKETS working for me…”

Hi madgimper

Just had a quick look at their site, they look o.k. Have you been running Master Scalper for a while with them ? Can I ask what kind of percentage gain you’re getting ? I managed about 6% from Hotforex since mid-October, but I’d be interested to get started up with another broker if I can get a better performance ?

Also, do you run a VPS, and if so, could you recommend a decent VPS provider in Australia ?

If I remember correctly from reading back over the thread, the next trading day is tomorrow, briefly as it’s non-farm payroll day IIRC, and then we start in earnest again on Monday.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Hi Felipebr,
The UsdJpy is the least profitable of our pairs, but it is a great hedging tool when news are affecting the Euro. Typically in a risk-aversion rally, which may hurt some of our Euro pairs, the UsdJpy stays leveled but with enough volatility to produce profits to cover the potential drawdown of the Euro pairs. As things are, the UsdJpy is not dragging us down, and while the Euro pairs are making the pips and the UsdJpy is staying in place with minimum gains, the multi-pair strategy is working correctly.
If a trader’s account is small relative to the minimum lot size it trades (under $1000 in micro accounts, or under 10k in mini accounts) it may be better to stop the UsdJpy and forgo the hedging qualities in favor of more efficient Money Management of the Euro based pairs. But when the account is well funded relative to its minimum lot size, I like keeping the UsdJpy in place.
Something similar happens with the Breakout Hunter trading EurUsd. When the Master Scalper does great we get our best results, even if the BH does not go anywhere. But if the MS hits a drawdown week, the BH and the UsdJpy are there to save the day. Many times they pick up the drawdown of the Euro scalping pairs and even produce the profit for the entire Combo.

I never worry about making pips. Any strategy can produce thousands of pips per year. The question is to keep them, not give them back when drawdown comes around. Having hedging pairs in place is meant to do just that, keep the drawdown days controlled, so we can trade our accounts without ultra conservative risk levels. A strategy without safeguards for drawdown, has to trade very light lots, or will die in the bad weeks. We have all heard stories of months of work lost in a single session! That is just what we are trying to avoid by having hedging pairs in place. They are not there to make the profit of the year (that is done by the Euro scalping pairs) but to protect us in bad days. Having the combination in place allows us to trade comfortable lot sizes that will make good profits [U]as a group[/U], and keep adequate control against excessive drawdown.

hi everybody,

you can only send 500 $ max? how long will it take to transfer 50K then? lol

we want to make money, not to play silly games.

as i mentioned, i have problems with MBT (funding account). they don’t allow to send a normal IBAN/BIC bank transfer. the only option i have is to send via wire. withdrawal is expensive in my view: 30 €!! i would be thankful, if some MBT users would tell how they solved this issue. thanks :wink:

Hi Robert, than you I got it.

madgimper, the spreads of hotforex are not better than Gomarkets ?
The spreads of Hotforex are very little.

Felipe

Sorry for abrasiveness, but this thread is getting cluttered with this kind of crap…Does your broker have a contact or chat?If yes, please please use it.