Smart FX Technology

Hi Traders:
Mrql, that all sounds good. 1Gb is plenty for your trading needs. When you have your MT4 installed, go to Options, Charts, and see that the “Max. number of bars in chart”=2,000. Sometimes it is set to a much higher number by default and it uses up memory in the many charts we use. This way you can have as many charts as you want, and with enough bars for MS to look at for its calculations.
Our EA cannot use the “MetaTrader Pay for Limits” kind of account, since we open Market orders, not Limit orders. All other settings look fine.
MB Trading has a Free VPS offer. We have used it for years. The outfit is called Photon VPS and it is in California, close to the physical location of MB. Furthermore if you qualify with the trading volume, which is not hard, they refund monthly the VPS fees. You want the VPS to be close to the broker, not necessarily to you.

Chesh1710, Master Scalper and Breakout Hunter complement, hedge each other. That is how I trade them and recommend them. When one is in drawdown, usually the other one hedges it up. Having said that, many traders prefer trading the MS alone, which lately has been outperforming the BH. Some traders choose to skip UsdJpy, which is not the largest producer, but used also mainly as a hedger for the 4 Euro based pairs.
I trade them altogether in my live accounts, but each trader has his own preferences, as you can see in these pages.

HI Robert,

did you update the trading results on myforexbook.com?
Combo Master Scalper - Breakout Hunter, v7 - Real Account System | Myfxbook
so far there is still no gain (blanance <deoposit).
from all of discussion, this EA seams work comparing to many other EAs. but from this real account performance, we could not seed positive image. is this your EA? please appologize me if I am wrong, because there is also another comb system in the market.

anyway, could you please share your trading results with the analysis by myforexbook.com or other website?
recently, group of trading friends want to test this EA, they want to get my recommendation. but still hesitate to go or not after seeing the performance from above link in myforexbook.com.

thanks for the sharing!

Hector

Hi Hector, this is the link to my fxbook Error | Myfxbook which has run default with the exception that I have ran my ‘favourite 3’ over the holiday period.
I am very happy with the results and will be increasing the accouint size in the next week or so.

hi robert,

thank you, you are a great help. :slight_smile: i heard that one should avoid having the vps of the broker, as they can manipulate it or look in your cards. what about this issue? i thought that the vps should be near by UK, when i have an UK based account. california is close to MB US but also UK? are you sure?

br, alex

Hi Traders,
These are the links to the myfxbook account available:

Combo Master Scalper - Breakout Hunter, on Pepperstone, started August 2011:

Master Scalper, started in July 6th 2011, started with release of the previous update. Also updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th- Broker: FinFx

Breakout Hunter, started in July 6th 2011, started with release of the previous update. Also updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th- Broker: FinFx

I am also including older demos, which although they are no longer active, show trading since April 2011.

Breakout Hunter, started in April 2011. Updated to version 7 on Oct.-- MB Trading cancelled all Demos 12/04 but it helps to show the months before the Real Account started.

Master Scalper, started in August 2011, started with release of the previous update. Also updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th-.-MB Trading cancelled all Demos 12/04 but it helps to show the months before the Real Account started.

Master Scalper (Aug. 2011 update)) System | Myfxbook

Hector, the link you quoted in your post is for an account that was opened with insufficient capital, trying to prove a point of the minimum capital required for the Money Manager to work properly. After a month of trading and some BH drawdown we added funds to bring it to the correct balance needed for proper default settings and it has picked up, recovered the original drawdown, and should start showing profits in the next month hopefully. It does prove a point: you cannot have an account trading minimum lots all the time. The main problem is that the leverage in this account is 50:1 and with the original small balance all trades were forced to be of minimum size, not allowing the Money Manager to balance the pairs. When this happens the influence of the BH drawdown was overwhelming to the winnings of the Master Scalper, which otherwise would have surpassed the drawdown and produce winnings for the Combo, as shown in the Pepperstone account which was opened with adequate capital. An important lesson which I explained in previous postings.

Mrql, I have my VPS in California. I would imagine that MB Trading uses the same California servers for the UK branch, but that is a question you should ask them. If they indeed have UK servers, then a UK based VPS would be indicated.

i would like to ask another question. sorry for being so much offtopic.

i am a little worried about the incurring deficit balance. if i fund my account with 1K for instance, what happens if the lost is 3K. i lose the 1K plus 2K more which i have to send to MBT?

Hi Mrql,
We enter SL values with our orders, so the possibility of losing more than your original capital is virtually zero. I have never seen it happen.
Of course one could imagine being caught in a massive intervention and being unable to close the positions at the SL point, but it is a very unlikely scenario, and it is completely unrelated to EA trading, any EA at all, it is just Forex in general.

hi robert,

thanks, i feel a little better now. :wink: i found another issue. mbt takes 30.- Euro for a single withdrawal of funds. thats expensive. i thought i could send a IBAN/BIC transfer to fund the account and also get a withdrawal with the same transfer style. this is far away from your EAs, but you said that you’ve worked with them for several years. thats why i bother you :wink:

the only thing that is free is “Outgoing BACS/International ACH”, which i never heard of. :frowning:

Hi mrql,
Ask them about those International ACH.
I use ACH within the US, they are free, takes about 3 days to get the money, straight deposit into your bank account, like direct deposit of paychecks, that sort of thing.

robert…pepperstone and mbtrading…which one you suggest to register… are the having islamic account…sorry to ask.

I don’t know if they have islamic account, you can check in their website.
I believe Hotforex has them.
The disadvantage of MB is the leverage if you live in the US. Otherwise they are good brokers.
Pepperstone allows hedging and higher leverage if you want that. They are also very good.

What day is set to be the first trade day of the year guys?

Thanks and happy new year everyone.

Jeff

January 6th but it is NFP Friday so it will be a short day. The first full day of trading will be Monday January 9th

Robert,

I presume that you and the team run live personal accounts yourselves with the EA? If so, what kind of results do you experience with them?
I am very happy with the EA’s performance and it is out interest only.

HI Robert,

thank you for your kindness and information about the real performance with the EAs. we have more confidence now.
really hope you continue improving it and enjoy together with us.

Hi Alexsd,
We have been trading these EAs, in their successive versions, for about 4 years now. We also use them to trade the Real accounts of a small group of investor friends whose accounts we manage, which is in fact how we started this business.
We are very happy with them, it is the only system that we use in our Live accounts, and we trade default settings exclusively.
In the next few weeks we are going to be adding more Real Accounts with other brokers to display the performance publicly, so traders can compare Real accounts of our favorite brokers.

That’s a great idea, this way we can compare the brokers and find the perfect trading environment.

that sounds great!
if possible, please add IBFX account.

Thanks very much Robert. You are a ‘one stop shop’ for sound and reliable information/opinions concerning the ea so I am sure the info will make interesting reading.
Given that you have run these live (profitably) for such a period the ‘what ifs’ are running in my head again…

Hi Robert, I was reading your Combo Master Scalper - Breakout Hunter, fx book and I would like to ask about it.
In Advanced Statistics I see that in Eur/Cad and Eur/Usd the Long positions had negative profits and Short had positive.
There is any reason in the strategy for it ? Sorry if it is a newbie question.

Best regards