Smart FX Technology

Thanks Robert, and your 2 cents are very much appreciated!
I think you are right, and before I go live, I will have to fine tune my settings…
For those of us who have manipulated the lot% since purchase… could you provide us with the info about the default settings (concerning Lot%) I will still tweak them a bit, but as it seems I might have overdone it a little… for now I will keep the settings and see how it turns out… but I realize that it is off balance too much currently…

cheers

Good man, Freddy…
I love a guy who can handle advice gracefully and grow with it, makes it all worthwhile.
Kudos my friend.

To go back to default, just click on “reset” and it will snap back to original settings.
Good luck with the tweaking.

I took the Aussie hit too and I had tweaked my settings but only marginally as it had a poor start for me as a pair (-6% in the first week or so) but recovered fantastically and gained 15% since that low on the 23rd November until last night’s trades.

It was just one of those things where the gap opened and it carried on the wrong way rather than closing I think. It has been a decent overall performer for me so I am not going to lose sleep over it but will monitor closely (as I have been doing with all pairs).

Actually as I am writing this I have changed my mind - I will set back to default. Perhaps just being greedy and I proved with the compounding post earlier that you don’t need to be that greedy!

Agree with you about the greed being easy to take over. I had thought about increasing the risk lots and greed did take over during the holiday period as I ran the EUR/AUD and EUR/CAD, but I have now reset everything back for 2 reasons:

1. Robert obviously runs it on default for a reason and;
  2. The feeling of ‘make hay while the suns shining’ has reduced as I realise that this EA is likely to be around for a while so with the compounding I feel confident it will bring in very healthy returns over time.
    So lets postpone our billionaires club meeting until at least next year :wink:

happy new year!

thanks johnny. right now i am not able to participate due to problems with my broker. :-// i won’t talk about this issue again. i hate being stuck and losing money these days, i really do.

Just would like to place an opposing thought on Greed. Hope you all appreciate it.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind.
Gordon Gekko, Wall Street (1987)

In my opinion, Greed has its place with all traders. Like the ID that moderates the Super Ego to give Ego, Greed moderates the over cautious or fear of the trader to allow them to take reasonable risk for the reward it also presents.

Happy Trading!

Robert,

Anything on the no trading afternoon last Friday yet? As I understood there are more clients which experienced a no trading afternoon last Friday. Any solution / fix?

Has anyone had any trades today on EUR/ AUD and EUR/CAD ?

“Has anyone had any trades today on EUR/ AUD and EUR/CAD ?”

Nop, I have two open SELL on EURO/USD right now

I think No Trade for last friday was expected due to Non Farm Payroll. Did it not work properly for you?

Tim

Hi Traders,
This last week was unusual with the trading hours on several fronts:
a) we came out of the New Years’ break, and since the break ended on Jan 6th, some brokers East of the GMT time zone got trades before the GMT trading schedule of the 5th had ended. This is not good or bad, could be winners or losers, but it gets in the way of comparing trades between brokers. In the next update we will change that to a universal GMT setting, so everyone starts trading at the same time, regardless of the broker.
b) Non Farm Payroll interrupted the schedule of USD pairs on Friday.
c) On the Sunday open, some brokers allowed a EurAud trade to take place a spike on the gap open. Other brokers who started the Sunday trading a few minutes later, never had the trade. Clearly there is nothing we can do about brokers opening hours… some times those trades will win, others not, but they make it difficult to compare Sunday schedules when this happens, which is rare.
d) Even on the same broker, a few clients showed no trades on Friday, where others traded fine, including us. We had trades in our HotForex demos, and other traders did not. We are trying to understand that one, not clear at this point, and it is the first time we see that. I’ll update you guys if and when we find a reason, but in the meantime, on the Sunday open everybody went perfectly back to normal and all accounts are trading correctly as far as we know.

anyone having losses since yesterday?

just triying to know if is not my account only.

thanks

anyone having consecutive losses since yesterday?

thanks

bigger losses than wins since sunday but totals only a couple percent loss using default settings on a 100:1 account. I cant knock Roberts defaults…

Suspect this dip will be recovered from shortly;)

alpari uk demo : I had 8 winning trades today then right now loosings, but I think I’m in the green .

myfxbook.com/portfolio/alpari-uk-demo-smartfx/219774

Same think on Oanda Demo

A busy day of trades today. Positions closed sofar are down 80 pips and looking like it could be -200 pip day.
The EA has had plents of good days and I suppose today highlights the importance of risk lot%.

Johnny, Robert and to all my fellow Traders.

I am LIVE! Now the fun really starts!!

Happy Trading!

I went live last night. I don’t call it having fun. I didn’t expect it to be fun until I get a little buffer built up. Went through once with Demo, I can do it again Live now :cool:

Tim

sorry about that double post, the first one didn’t appear at the moment of posting ( maybe because of the posted link), right now this baby almost recovered from today’s drawdown :slight_smile:

congrats to all the new live traders, i hope to be on that by the end of february.

regards

Hi Tim,

Fun like the most radical rollercoaster ride you ever been on. Scared but enjoyed the ride and want to do it again.

Done enough demo-ing. Now it is time to commit.

Happy Trading!