Smart FX Technology

Thankfully we are spared the white knuckles on this EA though with inclines/declines appearing to be within +/-2% daily. :slight_smile:

I really overdone it with lot%ā€¦ now Im back to (almost) standard settings after I lost more than 10% since sunday open;) luckily on demoā€¦ just keeping the Yen to a minimum and the breakout hunter I also keep low in risk % for nowā€¦ I also planned on going live this or next weekā€¦ but I want to try my new settings first;)

have a good one

today will eat up the remaining 10% once the open trades (loosing) will be closedā€¦ they were opened before I could reset my settings to standard;)

I can still smile as it is demoā€¦
hope this warning is helpful to others who are over-doing the lot%-Tweaking;)
since sunday open Iā€™ve lost about [B]20%[/B]! because I had the aussy at 5,5,5 and the CAD at 4,4,4
so basically Im back to my starting balance as this week was eating all the lovely profits I made since december.

I am still convinced that SmartFX is working very nicely! BUT I messed up with my lot% settings.
so, be warned;)

I will do some more demo testing to see if my current settings (almost standard settings) are doing well, before going live.

so long
fredy

Ouch the EurCad hurt

Ouch indeed. That is why it is a demo. You try out ideas. If it works, great. If it doesnā€™t, then you reset and try again.

My live account has all default settings right now. In time, I will adjust but not in such large increments. Gives it time to stretch and move with market. See where it wants to go and how much. Slow and steady wins.

Live account already has first trade from BH. Let us see how it pans out.

Happy Trading!

I am running default settings and I am still getting chopped up on all pairs!! (Live!)

Hey guys, Anyones eaā€™s trading on HotForex live atm? Had them running since this morning with no trades!

ask robert or johnnykanoo, I think they are both on HF Live
Im on HF demo, and all I can tell you is: you should be very happy it didnā€™t do any trades today;)

Since this morning? What timezone? Since this morning gmt of course no new trades for the MS cause it only trades GMT PM. BH is another story.

For all you panic preachers:)
deal with losses or find yourself another hobby. There is no ea/manual system/hybrid system/whatever system that doesnā€™t have loosing trades. I hate loosing just like everybody, but before everybody starts screaming in all forums, look at the long run before any judgements can be made. Itā€™s useless to make conclusions on 1/2/3/4/5/etc trading days.

Personally I missed the +2% last Friday for reasons unknown, then I missed the profit taking on the usd/jpy pair for reasons unknown (still open) and now 2 negative days, all on a 5 digit equity with default settings. So you can imagine, quit some $$$ through the drainā€¦

Yes I hate it, I even hate the whole forex world sometimes:) But again, useless to draw conclusions.

DEAL WITH LOSSES DARE TO TAKE A RISK IN LIFE or?

didnā€™t mean to preach panic. Media and politics (and al gore) should have us covered right?
What I was preaching is: be careful with the lot% as it should not be ā€œoff balanceā€ (as robert said) too much;)

I am in the same spot exactly with what sound like mirrored trades - those UJ trades may never end :wink:

I feel the same way too. Reality is these EAā€™s are great and I am confident that the losses will be recouped soon enough.

Running a hotforex currentex account and iā€™m getting the same hits as everyone else

The general feeling I am getting seems to be fear. Fear that the losses are going to over power the profits? The fear that you missed a trading opportunity that others got? The fear that you got a trading opportunity that others did not get and it is losing?

B-R-E-A-T-H!!!

There will be good and bad times. We should all know that. We have all tested these EAs and have seen how they work and how well. Donā€™t lose faith because of a few loses. Believe in what you researched and how Robert has been here supporting us in running and managing these EAs. I know I do.

Happy Trading!

I agree with Vincejg327, these EAā€™s have been fantastic overall and I have faith in them. Heres hoping we can recover and make some money by the end of the week :wink:

I think you are the only one preaching here :wink:

As people will post excellent comments when things are good, they will also post negative ones when things are bad. Trading is an emotional game and I think Robert can deal with it very well :wink:

Noone is asking for their money back and I think we can all relax in the knowledge that we have the support of a competent team behind us.

Neverthelessā€¦what a bad week so far! :28:

Hello everyone, quite new to this post thingy but been reading with interest for some time

Just to hopefully add something of use to the discussion, I have been running all the EAs on demo since last week - I personally think its way too early to judge but for the record I am down about 2% at present, this being because I havenā€™t changed any of the settings.

The account however was up at one point so seem to be hovering about the zero mark, fluctuating either side of it. This I think is very typical - who ever saw a straight growth line? It dips up and down but the key thing is the long term trend - i simply dont have enough data to judge yet.

This is where analysis tools on myfxbook come in handy, as so far (God its only the 2nd week of the year!) I notice that all my shorts have been successful vs 50% of longs after a total of 22 trades. By using custom analysis i can see that some bots are doing better than others so cutting through the fog really tells me the complete picture.

So far IMHO this is a very good success rate - Iā€™ll be honest - donā€™t think I could match this manually - especially with the amount of time i have available to trade - and so perhaps with some tweaks such as reducing the stop losses etc things could be much better.

But as I say, I really think it far too early to make any sound judgements just yet so for now i will just leave them at defaults and respect the research / time / effort Robert and his team have put in to come up with these settings.

Best of luck to all

Iā€™m on defaults, been so since early November on a live account. Stick with it for the long haul and you will feel no need to post on here daily about the up and down dips.

Hi autotrademe

Just out of interest what was your deposit and how much have you made since? As I think even with the 1k the smartfx account seems to be struggling for a while now. Or am I missing something?

I think its safer to stay on defaults but I would like to see some profitable data, would appreciate any positive input.

Thanks

Fraz

Well currently my live account is sitting with 12 open orders. Previously, 2 orders that were open, closed for a small gain of 0.1%. May not sound like much but it is still a gain.

Looking forward to see how the week and month plays out.

Happy Trading!

Iā€™ll just say I have more than 1k in my account. Stock settings. Definitely a decent loss yesterday and today but iā€™m not worried.