Smart FX Technology

Robert, if you will address the concept of Break Even please. The MasterScalper opened a EUR/AUD trade at 12:00 EST, added to it at 14:10, and is still in this trade as of 19:23. That’s a 7 1/2 hour trade so far. Twice over in the past 4 hours it has had an opportunity to break even or even do a little better, but it is now back into a loss. As I watched this, I was tempted to close it out myself, as it was sitting right at the same support line it had already bounced off of twice in the past 4 hours. But I am determined not to interfere, and regardless of what this or any other trade does, I will not interfere. I’m just curious about your view on having the MasterScalper break even on a trade after it has languished for many hours. Why not just break even in such cases? Why be greedy with a trade that failed to do what it was expected to do? Not at all complaining, just asking a question, and after all, the trade may yet be profitable! :slight_smile:

Agreed AutoTradeMe, Not worried. Even after the 3 worst days since I have started this EA, the combo is still averaging over 10% per month since going live, and I think most of us would be interested in the long term monthly returns rather than daily.

Alex

The money I put into my forex account for this EA to trade sat in a money market fund for a year and did absolutely nothing at 1.39 percent apr. Anything above that over the course of the year will be better than it was lol. 10% monthly returns are ridiculously good, better than my stock portofolio has done on its annual returns over the last 5 years. I’d be pretty ecstatic if I can average 5% per month average over the next few years. 60% per year guys, lol, thats amazing.

But it’s not 60% @ 5% a month it is more than the equivalent of that on an annualized basis when you take compounding into account - actually over 70% - even better!! :wink:

Hello Breakthru48,
The Breakeven function is used only in those pairs that tend to get into extremely thin channels. We only use it in EurChf and EurGbp. If you look in the menu, you will see that in the other pairs it is set to False, it just does not pay in the long run.
Once the London session starts, however, most pairs have smaller TP and SL parameters, so they can exit trades with minimum gains or even small losses, just to get out of the way once the market gets volatile in Europe.

I had bought the ea.
everyone use the default setting? and 1 mins chart?
Thanks

Yes just set up as the manual explains :slight_smile:

Just like AutoTradeMe, I had my money in under performing funds. If I would get 1% annually from it that would be reason to celebrate.

So, I redistributed some of those funds to start my live account. Now it is just a wait and see. Based on reports from this thread and my own tests, I am optimistic for a far better return than where the money was before.

As for the period of time I care about for a measurement of ROI, that would be monthly. Any shorter time frame would not provide a clearer picture in my opinion. So, the recent less than “Normal Performance” of these EAs, if there ever was a normal, does not concern me. It is a bump in the road and not a collision. Trust in the research you did before buying these EAs. It is the long run you should be focusing on and not the sprint.

Happy Trading!

hello Traders,
Rough start for 2012, really volatile.
Maybe next year we give it another week wait before going into the January market.

We show in our accounts about 10% DD in the last few days.
Drawdown is not nice, but please check the equity curve of the last few months. Basically we just lost the profit of the week before the Christmas break.
Check the statements page from Forex Verified, and check the chart at the bottom:

Master Scalper 001 Performance Test

…and the rollercoaster ride continues. Who said this was not a “White Knuckle” ride? Hold on guys and enjoy the ride!

Happy Trading!

My knuckles are still pink :slight_smile: I will still keep looking at the monthly balance. I ran the EUR/AUD and EUR/CAD throughout the holiday but this week has taught me that Hamno’s ‘tips’ on page 54 of this thread are worth re-reading.

Hi Alex,

Been following Hammo’s guide on Pg 54. Fully agree with them especially keeping the hands out of the cookie jar.

Happy Trading!

what the hell? i lost 20% yesterday with default settings.

thank GOD it was demo!

any sugestions robert?

here is myfxbook im testing other demos with this ea but i this account was the most hurt.

(alpari is green i guess because it hasnt EURCAD so it didnt loss like the others)

all the other demo for testing tihis EA

zaff’s Profile | Myfxbook

This is actually something I was going to bring up at some point and I am glad breakthry48 did. I have not yet understood the breakeven feature (if I am not wrong there is one in there). Many trades seem to turn into losers after having been in profit and I for one would like a feature to -Cliche’- “avoid turning winners into losers”.
What do you think, Robert?

Ok, we have been hit with losses to start the year. However, this is not the first time nor is it uncommon. Back in December we had 31 losing trades for a combined loss of $2,055.73 on a $10,000 50:1 demo account with default settings on the EAs. Many of the loses were consecutive. However, I did not hear much of an outcry then compared to now. The EA is still the same. The market is the only variable.

There was no talk of Breakeven or requests from Robert about what is going on. Is fear taking hold? Is emotion running your trading plan? Again, as I mentioned before:

[B]B-R-E-A-T-H!!!
[/B]
There will be losses and that is what we are seeing. I hate to lose as much as you but this is the nature of the beast. Robert and his team have put a lot of work and time into these EAs. I have read many glowing entries here on this thread. Now when it seems the weather becomes stormy, we believe the issue is with the EAs. Robert never promised a 0.0% Drawdown. So here it is. The market will turn and the EAs will begin to spit out winners with a lot of profits. Trust in yourself and why you originally bought these EAs.

BTW: The winning number of trades in December were 131 with a gross profit of $3,310.37. That is a net gain of $1,254.64!!!

Happy Trading!

.patience.

Sounds like some people are risking too much :wink:

Stop whining about losing trades after a few days!! Slap these EAs on a good VPS and forget about them for a month. Then check your account after a month, smile and rejoice :slight_smile:

After all we use EAs so we don’t have to analyse the market or get emotional. Looking at the results of the scalper these last few months, it is quite obvious that they trade very well (even in December). Some people need to understand that they cannot control the market, but the market can control them (if they let it).

Peace out :slight_smile:

In all fairness though Arbolive does seem to have an issue when he said that he is running default settings. Yes thank god its a demo. That is why most of us have run these EA’s on demo for a few months before going live. To work these bugs out. I’m not sure what Arbolive’s issue is but I would recommend contacting Roberts group directly. They are very willing to help out and will help you figure out the problem. I would be interested in hearing what the outcome is if just for informational purposes. I think us that have done some testing both through good and bad times helps us keep a cool head about things.

If anything it is definately a mind game!

Tim

Hello arbolive,
It seems that something is not right with your settings. Most accounts that I have inspected lost about 10% for the week, never 20% in a day.
It sounds like your account balance is too small for the minimum lots your broker allows in the account that you have.
I would like to look it over if you send me your settings and account history to me. Let me know…

as i said i just installed this EA with default settings. is seems to be a broker’s issue ( default mt4 platform broker MiG Bank ) because im testing with 2 other brokers with and drawdown is 4% or so.

anyway, here is myfxbook account with all my demo tests (everithing is public, you can check): zaff’s Profile | Myfxbook

i repeat i didnt touch any settings at all

here is all my info for checking the settings

account:1212626602

here is my investor password: nxv4dvi

server: MIGBank-Demo

and here is a detailed account history.DetailedStatement MIG Bank demo.zip (2.37 KB)

thanks in advance Robert