Smart FX Technology

BH took out 10% of my account today and again opened 2 trades that seems to be going south.

Hi Christopha,

Like I posted before you, I am not very happy with the results. But 10% drawdown by BH shouldnā€™t be possible though! Check your settings, something must be wrong.

Yeah, woke up this morning and all this weekā€™s gains were taken out, along with a little extra. Not the greatest news to start the dayā€¦ This is still my first week though, weā€™ll see what happensā€¦

Iā€™m ready to give upā€¦:31:

yeh. recovered 3.44% and then -3.13% now it have open trades equivalent to other -3%. for what iā€™ve seen it wins more times than loses, but when it looses it does it in style!

letā€™s see how this evolves.

Hi Traders,
The EurAud trade did not close on After Hours settings by 1 pipā€¦
Not the most pleasant markets.

Christopha, please email me if you are using default settings. Either your account balance is too small for the minimum size lots that your broker requires, or there is something wrong in your settings. Maybe a remote session is neededā€¦

Robert can you explain what are after hour settings?

thanks

Hi Arbolive,
If you check the Inputs tab you will see the parameters for ā€œAfterClosingTimeMPos, & Negā€, these two fields define the acceptable parameters to close a position after the ā€œclosing timeā€, defined later in the Inputs tab.
In winter we have the ā€œClose Timeā€ starting at 7:50 gmt, just before London gets really going.
For example, letā€™s look at todayā€™s EurAud trade:
The parameters are such that we will close the position as long as the loss is not greater than 3 pips (<-3), or in any amount of profit (>1). These are the numbers that have worked out best in our extensive testing.
So todayā€™s position would have closed if after 7:50 gmt, the pips counter ā€œAllTFMinProfitValueā€ in the upper left of the chart had read better than -3, including the spread, which gets a bit tricky, but you get the ideaā€¦
In my chart, my position never did better than -5, combining the 2 positions that were opened.
Some brokers did better, since their entry point may been a bit better.
My entry price was 1.22938, and it never got better than 1.22913 after 7:50 gmt, so 2 1/2 pips times 2 positions, total 5 pips off. Since we needed to be better than -3, my broker was off by 2 pips. Since we had 2 positions, that is 1 pip per position. If the price had gone to 1.22923, it would have closed.
So we missed the After Hours Closing by 1 pip. Some brokers got it just rightā€¦
Donā€™t you love Forex?

as iā€™m currently $500 down on my live account, and have open trades for another -75 bucks, itā€™s safe to say that Iā€™m not loving forex right nowā€¦

I would have been down arround 10% (including floating loss), but by manual trading I managed to stay b/e. This is on my main account which is 5 digits.

I stop the combo on this account, I have it running on two rather small 4 digit accounts which get filled by commisions and rebates. Leave them running and see what happens.

I do believe though that the losses are within the parameters, I just donā€™t like loosing while I know I do much better. Juswt thought it would be nice to loose some screentime, but now I am still having a lot of screentime cause I donā€™t trust the bots anymore with my funds:)

Indeed its been a very rocky day, last night the scalpers came back to life and BH has been getting battered. Which actually makes me happy in a way as it seems that things have gone back to how they were back in December. So I have reduced my BH lot percent as while the MS is doing well the BH gets a beating.

Im guessing there is no way of doing it but if there was it would be nice if the EA could decrease trades or lots on the other EA when itis doing well, as it seems they hedge each other off nicely. In other words when BH is kicking @ss, MS is getting its kicked and vice versa.

Yeah rocky trading at the moment but I find it comforting that weā€™re all experiencing similar trades. Iā€™m still confident in this EA in the longer term, but short term Iā€™ll mostly panic only if iā€™m the only one experiencing the hit.

what im kind of afraid to see is that is like always going to break even. wether you are wining or loosing look at their real test.

Combo Master Scalper - Breakout Hunter, v7 - Real Account System | Myfxbook

:confused:

Yes Iā€™ve been tracking that account. But did you look at their Pepperstone Demo? That is more in line with my demo. The key thing is that both their Pepperstone demo and my MBTrading demo is a $10k account. The one you have listed has currently ~$800 in it. My live account has $2,500 in it. I think that having a minimum of $10k in the account helps the EAā€™s with money management. The true test is if anyone has an account that size running the EAā€™s out of the box. Iā€™m tempted to pad more money in my account just to see if it makes any difference. I understand that the real accounts will show slippage where the demo accounts donā€™t but it shouldnā€™t be that badā€¦ right?

Tim

yes but when you trade in 0.01 lots, isnt that like emulating the 10K ? you know what i mean, should be the same.

also their account is 800 now because they lost 200 since september 2011.

and if the account size maters, why do they promote a 1000 account to start?

what is the real minimum to start trading this robot without loosing constantly (or at least to keep part of the profits)?

im about to get to -9% again with a 1000 demo account

donā€™t get me wrong, sometimes i have to be critic to improve things.

regards.

Youā€™re point is well taken! My comment was mainly an observation. Just a pattern Iā€™ve been seeing. Iā€™ve mentioned it a couple of times but I am still green at this so I could be full of crap. Wouldnā€™t be the first time!

Tim

Hi Traders,
That small account was actually started with $500, when we had the bad idea of trying to prove that this amount was enough to trade the combo. It is not. The minimum should be $1000 for the lot sizes to be correct. Less than that you start losing the ability to balance the pairs.
We kept that account at minimum balance to try to establish a bottom line, a minimum amount for the many emails of traders that want to start with as little as possible. Well, that is what happens when you are underfunded. The EA got drawdown back in September, and never really snapped out of it because the Money Manager could not do things right.

A great balance would be $2k and up, but $1000 is a decent minimum amount. It is just that many, many traders keep asking for the ā€œminimumā€ and that account was intending to establish just that. Now we know more than before, since we had no actual records of a Real account running on small balances.
The Pepperstone demo had the ability to snap back from the September drawdown, and as you can see is doing great.

ok 2k it still trade with 0.01 lots right?

when the 1k demo expires i will open other one with 2K to see how it goes.

rather invest 2K to have more probabilities to win, than 1K and be eatin my nails to the flesh

regards.

No Arbolive,
With $2000 it will trade minimums of 0.02 and up, but if there is any drawdown, it has plenty of room to continue trading in a perfectly balanced way because it still has room to shrink to 0.01. The key is to be a bit above the minimum lot size, to have room to work.
With a $1000 balance, you lose some of that ability the moment it goes below $1000, and it is ok, but not perfectly balanced.

Thanks for clearing up the minimum amount Robert. It seems that every account that seemed to be doing very well had started with at least $10k and ones that poorly had less than $1k. Even with this latest drawdown I didnā€™t seem to drop as bad as others here. With a start of $2500. But I donā€™t know what levels people are dealing with or if they altered settings. So what you are saying seems to be in line of my observations.

Tim