Smart FX Technology

These ea’s are making me serious money at this point. By far my favorite ea’s in my portfolio.

I was doing okay… but lost all profits the last two-three days. I will also be switching brokers.

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if anyone is using these EA’s with Pepperstone? I am in Australia and from my research I feel that this may be the best Broker to use because for some quirky reason I would prefer to use an AU broker.

Also, Johnnykanoo, how much experience with EA’s do you think I would need to use this? My current EA experience is completely none, and yours seems well above average! I have been demoing with some good results but all manual trading. I have been almost captivated my the reults you have been posting here. it is almost unbelievable.

Thanks,
Jay

Okay, I changed brokers - HotForex- live account just started - let’s see what happens…

Lets see… One more post and I will be allowed to post links…

Okay here is the link to the real account :

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/smartfxhotforex/177294

Happy Pip Grabbing To All…

Here is mine

I’ts running on Thrust VPS with Hotforx acct

Smart FX Master Scalper and Breakout Hunter System | Myfxbook

You are running MT4 on Linux? Or am I misreading the website?

Thanks for all the info re. the EA’s. Testing now… :wink:

ThrustVPS seem to have run out of capacity at the moment. I use CNS for a US based VPS but night try Thrust for a UK one as they seem a lot cheaper!

Dave.

Ive used swaps vps for a while and they have worked well for me. Great thread. Im currently testing a gap filling ea but this comb sounds good as well. Thanks Johnny.

Johnny - I know you said earlier in this thread that you change the risk settings based on how well the pairs were performing - higher if good - lower if not so good, but what is your “base” setting for each pair? I don’t mean the exact setting but the manual mentions the settings being ok for 50:1/100:1 leverage. As you have 300:1 leverage (as do I) did you start with the default and work from that or did you reduce the default settings and start with those?

I am looking for decent consistent growth and you seem to be doing way better than that but obviously I don’t want to run the risk of destroying my account with risk settings that are too high. The default Smart FX advice it to reduce the risk to 1/3 of the default with 300:1 leverage but I am keen to emulate your results!

Any help much appreciated.

@ spodespot

no my vps is running windows 2008 I may have copied the wrong text. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Just to be clear metatrader 4 must run on windows so when you buy a vps it must be windows based.

Also I have UseLotPercent to true and my risk is between 2.0 and max of 5.0 for the pairs that are doing better. This is a dynamic thing that I do but you really don’t have to worry about it.

The most important thing is to set your risk where you are comfortable. This is a key concept in all trading if you are not comfortable with the risk you put on than you will act out of fear and if you happen to win greed will cause you to raise the risk even higher. it’s a nasty cycle and can easily be avoided simply by being comfortable with your risk and remaining consistant.

@ justnothing I have heard good things about pepperstone. If you go with them please keep us posted.

@ firecapt welcome to the thread. Who knows you may like to test this ea too. It’s a great addition to any portfolio.

btw just nothing if you are a beginner this a great ea to start with. Ask Robert to setup a live session with you and he will guide you through the settings and risk management.

As for setting up the vps. You may find this to be more challangeing. It takes a little trial and error. If you use windows 7 now you will find windows 2008 to be very similar. You can go to your broker’s website and download mt4 from them and than support can help you set your ea up from that point.

Thanks Johnny - much appreciated. I was a little confused by the non-windows VPS because I assumed MT4 was Windows only - no need to be apologizing!

I realize the dangers of over-extending the risk but with these EA’s it is hard to convert the risk settings to any kind of drawdown % - just seems to be a case of trial and error so your information is very useful - thank you.

Thanks - I have a VPS already set up actually - it is Windows 2003 but the ThrustVPS packages look good and as long as the latency to Hotforex is not an issue (which is shouldn’t be as they are both UK based servers I believe) then it looks like a good bet to me. I may well keep both VPS’s actually with this one dedicated to a couple of EA’s (SmartFX EA’s and one other to be decided) as the current VPS I have is based in NYC, close to Pepperstone’s new servers.

Thanks again.

Hey guys …
I finally started testing this EA with my ACM demo account and cirrushosting.com VPS , the installation & setups was really easy .
I’ve been running it for 4 days now , I used the default settings but the only thing I’ve changed was the GMTdifer , I added 2 hours since my broker is in swissland, but I left the GMDdifer AutoDetect value = true .

• I noticed the following , the ea makes some profits but it keeps losing them the following day or in the same trading day! and i get back to square one every time !
    I don’t know if it’s happened to you guys too or it was just me .
  • the 2nd thing I noticed that it never won a single USDJPY trade, I don’t know maybe it’s was the market or I need to give it some more time ! ( I admit … im not patient …and I cant wait to go live !!) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got one last question … what’s the MACD & MOVING AVRAGE ? and can I apply them to the charts along with the Breakout Hunter & Master Scalper EA’S or they will cancel each others ? (they were never mentioned in the manual !)

Sorry if some of the questions seemed stupid … but im really new to this whole world !!

Hi Sudacan,
No problem, we’ve all been newbies at some point, now it’s your turn, no big deal.

GMT settings need not be adjusted, unless you are planning to backtest. While online with a broker, the adjustment is done by the EA automatically. That setting is there for backtesting historical data, which is not live online, but old data.
In fact, nothing requires adjustments of any kind to trade. It is completely automated in version 7. Just drag it to the chart and turn it on, 3 clicks.

The charts come loaded sometimes with the MACD and Moving Averages when you open an MT4 demo. Those are nice if you like that sort of thing, but unnecessary for the EA to work. In fact, having an EA that is so heavy in calculations, you are slowing it down by having additional indicators in the same chart. I would delete them.
If you want nice indicators for your own pleasure, maybe open another chart of the same pair, and have them there, not together with the EA. These issues are not mentioned in the manual because if you load a new chart, it would start clean, without indicators, and since there is no need to add them…

We started our real account on Oct 4th, and are up about 9%.
If you started about 4 days ago you missed the action, the last few days it was ok, but not much progress. Comes and goes in waves. The important thing is that when we do not make money, we don’t lose much. Staying put in the difficult days is good news. And it allows you to be in the game for when the good days come.
You’ll get used to it…
Here is how we did:

Broker: MB Trading (ECN), TimeZone: New York (currently GMT -4 on DST). Entries marked “withdrawals” correspond to the ecn commissions on trades charged by the broker.
Started trading on Oct.4th, 2011,

Since the Real Account just started, I am posting the older demo tests.
They run each EA independently and show several months of trading.

Breakout Hunter, started in April 2011. Updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

Master Scalper, started in August 2011, started with release of the previous update. Also updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

Thank you Robert for the super quick reply …and for clearing that point for me
im confident that i made a good choice “if not the best” buying this EA ,and i know that i just needed to be patient and give it some time since some pairs has it good days and some bad days as well .

thank you again :slight_smile:

Robert(Smartfx) - you mention that you use MBT for this EA - do you find the short blip/downtime each evening has any real effect? And do you use the Photon VPS service that MBT have paired up with. Obvioulsy the 3 month intro offer sounds very appealing.

Same question to anyone else who is perhaps using MBT and interested to know the VPS service you use for this broker.

Regards

Paul (aka Barnov)

Hi Paul
the short blip at 19:00 gmt is their natural rollover. Not a big deal, just a 5 minutes blackout, nothing we can do about it, never gave me a headache.
Yes, we use Photon for a few years now, decent server, few interruptions over the years, we like it and use it.

Hi Robert,

I received emails related to the release of version 7.1.7. I am currently running 7.1.4. Do you think it is important to upgrade to 7.1.7? What are the changes in new version?

Thanks