Smart FX Technology

Performance for October so far net total +1602 pips +51.52%

So far this ea has been killing it. I also have to preface this post by saying I am still on the older version.

Breakouthunter
[B]eur/usd [/B] -212.1 pips 59.5% win rate and overall -1.84% loss

[B]scalpers[/B]
[B]eur/chf [/B] +139.1 pips 92% win rate and overall +1.63% gain
[B]eur/aud[/B] +589.1 pips 80.5% win rate and overall +9.73% gain
[B]usd/jpy[/B] +130.9 pips 67% win rate and overall +7.06% gain
[B]eur/cad[/B] +742 pips 95% win rate and overall +17.15% gain
[B]eur/gbp[/B] +212.2 pips 93% win rate and overall +10.37% gain

[B]totals: +1724.2 pips 82% win rate and overall +54.01% [/B]

I want to also add that even though the breakout hunter is not doing well atm I would still keep it running. A major component of how these eaā€™s work is that they are diversified. Think of it as insurance. when the scalper has a rough period breakout hunter will be there to pick up the pieces and vice versa. So I think it is working as it should.

I agree seems to make money and then lose all profits, has been like this for the last 2 weeks for me. I hope things improve too

you guys arenā€™t giving it enough time. Here is what I recommend, Give it at least 4 weeks than analyze all your results. I donā€™t know how people are at break even. In two weeks I am up over 1700 pips. I can understand my returns being higher but seriously how can people be losing money on this ea???

Even on breakout hunter, it has only lost a little over 200 pips and that is just two weeks maybe by the end of the month it will be positive again. Give it time and be patient.

I am certainly not giving up! I like the look of it and have only been running it for 1 week - on 2 brokers from my VPS (which there is a difference between although minor). I am pretty confident that it will emulate your results or near enough and if it doesnā€™t I will certainly check with the SmartFX guys to see if they can help before thinking of bailing out!! I am still up 4% or 300ish pips which I would be happy with BUT the ever so slightly frustrating thing is that was 12% yesterday, 6% the day before, 10% the day before that. If the breakout hunter has a good run it will just skyrocket I am sure. :5:

I feel like I am just being greedy now - but thatā€™s your fault johnny!! :18:

As you know I posted demo results a week or so back and the EA was going great guns, and then I had a short spell where I went on hold whilst I sorted out a small live Alpari A/c, which initally started out well. More recently Iā€™ve been experiencing the same as several others i.e. up, down, up down etc., but again Iā€™m not bailing out , need to run for some time yet. Iā€™ve also been cross checking with Robertā€™s MYFX and my trades are not too disimilar.

Jonny - I note you mention that you are still on V6, and I wonder if this is why your recent experiences are not mirroring others.

Robert(FX) - are you able to add some commentary around this potential anomaly i.e. V6 s V7ā€¦

Regards

Paul (aka Barnov)

Iā€™ve just checked Robertā€™s MyFX for the combo from 4th October and my trades are very very similar (different risk size but same pip result). It would be interesting to see how you have tweaked your risk settings Johnny to be crushing (as I know you mentioned you do this) or maybe it is a V6 vs V7 thing?

I feel like I am just being greedy now - but thatā€™s your fault johnny!!

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

hahaha!!! funny.

I donā€™t know my risk is pretty safe. i do notice that this ea tends to flow up and down in terms of equity but every day I try to disregard the floating dd and look at the closed trades and that is how I preserve my sanity.

Iā€™m sure Robert can shed some lite on the differences between the versions. I assume that if anything I may be getting a few more trades considering there is no ā€œno-tradeā€ days.

I want to see everybody make a kililng. To be honest I donā€™t know what I do different than other traders other than I have learned to be patient. Even with WSFR I notice my results are much better than some. IDK??? Maybe Its just everything I touch turns to gold :smiley:

Hi Traders:
There was no version 6, we went from v4, update 6, (which everyone used to call v6) straight to version 7. Anyone who received it between August and September, should have that v4.6 too. I believe that one is the version Johnnykanoo is running.

The main difference between them is the awesome News Filter. That was very important, since otherwise we were expected to watch out for No Trade Days ourselves, if you are going to observe ā€œdefaultā€ trading parameters. As it stands now, we filter 98% of the news and speeches automatically.
If you want to go back (bad idea), all you have to do is stop the news filter, which is easily done from the inputs tab. I can assure everyone that the main reason for drawdown in our strategy involves the No trade Days, so please do not draw conclusions based on a couple of weeksā€¦
The other differences are minimal, mainly in the automatization of the installation process.
Also some SLs got smaller because having the news filter allows us to take less risk, and have smaller Drawdown, which was the basic theme of this update.
Next is the ā€œwait timeā€ after losses, set in different pairs between 1 and 5 minutes, to try to break patterns like ā€œwhipsawā€.

A point of interest is the size of your account. If your account is very small, the Money Manager cannot work comfortably and all orders become ā€œminimumā€ orders, which alters the proportions between the different pairs and the overall results. The problem is that usually EurChf, EurGbp and UsdJpy orders are expected to be 2 o 3 times larger than EurUsd orders from BH. When they are all at ā€œminimumā€ because the account is small, then the BH losses of the last 2 weeks overwhelm the gains of the scalper, and we canā€™t make much progress.

In the Real Account posted in our myfxbook account, we are testing to see if we can achieve good results starting with only $500 for the Combo.
The first 2 weeks the account has traded with extremely small lots due to a settings mistake. MB Trading (our broker) has different lot sizes, 10 times smaller, and although our EA comes with a preset that can be uploaded for a ready-made compensation of lot sizes for MB Trading users, I forgot to upload it in the Real account when I updated to v7. Consequently the account has been trading with minimum lot sizes. This situation is corrected and from now on we will be seeing the correct lots as per default settings. Hopefully we can prove that a $500 account can do the job without being confined to minimum trade sizes.
So when it comes to the first 2 weeks of the real account test, the pips are ok, the lots were set to minimum sizes, and the BH did drag the scalperā€™s performance down. This does not mean that $500 is not enough, we will see that in the upcoming weeks. It was just an oversight while loading the many platforms we trade, which had to receive the update on a very busy day. Sorry if anyone got confused by that.

Here is the link to our new Real Account, opened with the release of version 7, which contains the News Filter and other improvements.
Broker: MB Trading (ECN), TimeZone: New York (currently GMT -4 on DST). Entries marked ā€œwithdrawalsā€ correspond to the ecn commissions on trades charged by the broker.
Started trading on Oct.4th, 2011,

Since the Real Account just started, I am posting the older demo tests.
They run each EA independently and show several months of trading.

Breakout Hunter, started in April 2011. Updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

Master Scalper, started in August 2011, started with release of the previous update. Also updated to version 7 on Oct. 4th.

I started this EA last Thursday and my account has gone UP and DOWN on alternate days.
My trades are similar to smartfx Fxlivebook .
As of now, my account is down 10%.

My account size ia $700. It does seem that account size does matter.

Yeah the ping to HotForex from there is very good and Iā€™m satisfied with itā€¦ HotForex did some work with CNS and their ISP to make sure the connection between them is good. Iā€™m very happy, because CNS and HotForex are over the top.

today i stopped the EA from trading EURAUD .
it had the worst performance ever for the last 2 weeks !
ill keep it off for few days maybe weeks :slight_smile: and see how is that gonna reflect on my account
hopefully ill see more GREEN than RED:)

Currency Trades Pips Profit($) Trades Pips Profit($) Trades Pips Profit($) Won (%) Lost (%)
EURAUD 6 -105.9 -108.99 23 -379.9 -376.72 29 -485.8 -485.71 14 (48%) 15 (52%)

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I donā€™t want to make a mistake and increase my risk an absurd amount, so I thought it would be wise to check on the forum before making changes to the settings. According to the Breakout Hunter manual, you can reduce your risk by changing the numbers under money management from 1.0 to 2.0. Am I right in thinking that I should change ā€œTF_M1 Lot Percentā€ (and ā€˜TF_M5 Lot Percentā€™ and TF_M15 Lot Percentā€™, respectively) to 2.0? Or should I change something else that Iā€™m not seeing?

Thanks! Happy trading!

I would suggest sending smartfx an email as they are very effecient and will get back to you rapidly.

How does a 39.75% return equal 985 pips? My math gives me 111 pips.

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I donā€™t want to make a mistake and increase my risk an absurd amount, so I thought it would be wise to check on the forum before making changes to the settings. According to the Breakout Hunter manual, you can reduce your risk by changing the numbers under money management from 1.0 to 2.0. Am I right in thinking that I should change ā€œTF_M1 Lot Percentā€ (and ā€˜TF_M5 Lot Percentā€™ and TF_M15 Lot Percentā€™, respectively) to 2.0? Or should I change something else that Iā€™m not seeing?

Thanks! Happy trading!

if you set UseLotPercent to true than you can change the lot percents. The lower the number the lower the risk. If I am not mistaking the only ones you have to change are the TF_M1.LotPcnt the TF_M5.LotPcnt and the TF_m15.LotPcnt. Double check with Robert but I think these are the only three that really matter.

How does a 39.75% return equal 985 pips? My math gives me 111 pips.

I took these numbers directly from my public myfxbook test account.

The risk is out of wack due to the small account size. But interestingly enough I have managed to take a $100 account and turn it into $815 in under 2 months so far.

Also Iā€™m not sure what math your using and what numbers???

Hi Traders,
Correct. To reduce risk level change M1.LotPcnt, M5.LotPcnt and (in EurAud, EurCad and EurUsd) M15.LotPcnt.
Bring it down to the level you wish to trade: half the default setting, a quarter, whatever feels right.
Itā€™s your account and essentially you want the robot to do what you would do, but better and without the hassle.
If it is trading too hard according to your investment objectives (risk tolerance), it will upset you and increase the chance that you will manually interfere with it, which could be a really bad habit.
Please keep in mind that these numbers (LotPcnt) are not really actual percentages, but rather coefficients used in the calculations.
Try it first on demo and see what the default does, and then you move it down until your choice level.

Iā€™m just trying to make sense of this. The numbers Iā€™m using are the ones you provided. You said your net return was 39.75% or 985 pips. Iā€™m a little confused because when I make 980 pips on my EUR/USD trades, I make a 350% return. You turned $100 into $815, just to make sure Iā€™m not crazy thats a total 715% return. Please let me know if I am way off, or missing something.

Well this isnā€™t doing so well for me, has everyone else made a loss over the last two weeks? (Standard settings)