Smart money / filip

i use Filip for trade on EUR/USD and GBP/USD. usually i find Flips on 1 minuet and trad on 15 second chock. can somone help me to learn mor about Filips? wich Filips are better for trade?

welcome to the forum!

what are “Filips”, in this context?!

i don’t know, and i was not able to find out either by searching the forum or by using a search engine and searching the web

i’m wondering whether the reason your question has been sitting here, unanswered, for a whole day is that nobody else knows, either(?)

possibly if you can explain your question in other, different words, it may help(?) … just a suggestion!

3 Likes

Looks to have something to do with supply/demand zones. But I’ve never heard of the term Filip either.

1 Like

I’m guessing this is Flip, when support or resistance causes a reversal but it’s not something I use personally.

1 Like

I see! (Is this more “Huddleston-speak”? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

Looks to me like trading support and resistance. I’ve had success doing this when there’s no news then cost averaging if you get it wrong. I can’t say it’s easy though, the market doesn’t tend to stay in a range on the 1m chart for long.

“Flip” is an example of the SMC community trying to create new names for existing concepts.

It’s really just support becoming resistance or resistance becoming support. This has been known as “role reversal” but I guess it’s too long to say.

3 Likes

Are you sure you want to trade on 15 second timeframes? You’re more likely to encounter noise rather than any useful price action.

Also, how wide are your stop losses?

2 Likes

I was just wondering the same thing. haha

But, for me, it’s just a rhetorical question. M1 and M5 are insane. There’s waaaay too much noise for me. When you trade charts that fast, you have to be glued to the screen.

No thanks!

2 Likes

It’s maybe a cross between a 15-second chart and a 15-second shock?

A 15-second chart would be a big shock for me, I must say! And maybe for Philip, too.

2 Likes

i see - thank you

so it really is more “Huddleston-spam”? i thought @Pipsteroid was just kidding … :neutral_face:

1 Like

If I’m using the SMC strategy, major pairs like EUR/USD, GBP/USD typically show distinct support and resistance levels, making them my favored choice for “Flips”.