So I have a system, How to get automatic signal from it

So I have been following a system from here, it seems to work fairly well, but it is based on the 1Hr time frame and the signal is when 5 and 10 EMA crosses along with a directional RSI bias. I don’t see how this can work, unless I sit in front of the computer 24/5 waiting for the entry signal to be seen by me.

How do I convert the parametres into something that MT4 will recognise and alert me to when it occurs?

I am presuming I need to code it. Which is a bummer because I can’t code.

Any tips please

1 Like

Hi, you can pay somone who write it for you. Regards Greg

some time ago you did not know how to trade… you have learnt it!
maybe you could learn how to create a trading robot?

I am going to study that as well after I will get a stable system based on indicators. I know that there are tools available even for beginners.

check out Pine script by trading view.
its a user friendly programming language and can get you started on the right path

Try netstation,

I have two suggestions as follows:

1. Why not employ the system on a 4 or 8 hr time frame instead? That way you will only need to check it every 4 or 8 hours rather than every hour. Not sure whether MT4 provides you with 8H charts.

2. Tell me exactly what you mean by “directional RSI bias” and the period of the RSI you’re using. If I have some time this weekend I will write this up for you in Pine Script on Trading View. No promises and I don’t currently know Pine Script but it looks like it’s easy enough to learn.

I’ve written a TradingView script but it filters using an MA rather than the RSI, as in your strategy. Play with it in a demo account if you think it has merit.

No commissions or slippage has been accounted for. Someone with Pinescript chops should look at it to make sure I have not screwed up anywhere. I could not get the alerts to show and the debugging mechanisms leave a lot to be desired. Perhaps it’s my lack of knowledge of Pinescript.

Here is the strategy graph for EURUSD 1H (Oanda). It does ok with AUDUSD 1H, with a lower profit and higher drawdown. It does not fare too well on other timeframes or on most other pairs. On EURUSD however, if you use prudent trade management, it might do well and will smooth out the curve too.

Once you get the script into your TradingView account you can also adjust the script parameters and input values to suit your needs. If you comment out the last “plot” statement then you will be able to view the 3 MAs used in the strategy, on the graph, along with the buy and sell indicators produced by the strategy.

//@version=4
strategy(“RSI MA Crossover Strategy”, overlay=true)

// Inputs
lot_size = input( 1000000 ) // 10 Std Lots (1 std lot per $10,000)
fast_ma_len = input( 7 ) // 7
slow_ma_len = input( 7 ) // 7
trend_ma_len = input( 50 ) // 50
smoothing = input( 3 ) // 3

// MA Computation
ma_fast = wma(wma(close,smoothing), fast_ma_len) // ema = exponential | wma = weighted | hma = hull
ma_slow = wma(wma(open,smoothing), slow_ma_len)
trend_ma = wma (close, trend_ma_len)

plot (ma_fast, color=color.blue)
plot (ma_slow, color=color.red)
plot (trend_ma, color=color.gray)

// Alerts
plotchar (ma_fast, “Fast MA”, “”, location = location.top)
plotchar (ma_slow, “Slow MA”, “”, location = location.top)
plotchar (trend_ma, “Trend MA”, “”, location = location.top)

// if Fast MA crosses over Slow MA and Anchor MA slopes upward and MAs are stacking -> BUY
alertcondition ( crossover(ma_fast, ma_slow) and (trend_ma >= trend_ma[2]) and (ma_fast[2] > trend_ma), "MA X Over - ", “Buy {{ticker}}” )
if ( crossover(ma_fast, ma_slow) and (trend_ma >= trend_ma[2]) and (ma_fast[2] > trend_ma) )
strategy.entry(“RsiLE”, strategy.long, qty=lot_size, comment=“RsiLE”)

// if Fast MA crosses under Slow MA and Anchor MA slopes downward and MAs are stacking -> SELL
alertcondition ( crossunder(ma_fast, ma_slow) and (trend_ma <= trend_ma[2]) and (ma_fast[2] < trend_ma), "MA X Under - ", “Short {{ticker}}” )
if ( crossunder(ma_fast, ma_slow) and (trend_ma <= trend_ma[2]) and (ma_fast[2] < trend_ma) )
strategy.entry(“RsiSE”, strategy.short, qty=lot_size, comment=“RsiSE”)

plot(strategy.equity, title=“equity”, color=color.red, linewidth=2, style=plot.style_areabr)

Wow thats awesome. I am following the HLHB Trend-Catcher System by Hucklekiwi pip, using 5 and 10 ema and RSI Level 50, not oversold or overbought. When fast ema crosses below slow ema AND RSI crosses below 50 from above then Short is indicated and of course vice versa. Using a stop loss of 60 pops and TP of 200 pips. I wonder if I should leave those to be manually placed. Not sure on that.

If the hull AVG works better then that’s all good I guess.

I really am swimming in the deep end here. :joy:

For this implementation I’ve used weighted averages.

I caution you on using this as it is. I don’t like the curve, especially the way it turns up at the end. I like to see a steady slope. Also, the fact that it does not work well on other time frames besides the 1H and that too only on the EUR and AUD concerns me. But since you were interested in obtaining signals I presume that you will use some discretionary method to trade this. Perhaps you can check the RSI as an additional filter.

Test it out first before you use it on a live account. Enjoy!