So tired of losing money

Good luck living the dream, let us know how it goes, it’s my long term goal also, become a full time trader.

Happy pipping!

Did you see this one?

“Trading With MP6140”…worst thing I ever did | Trade2Win Forums

Yes i know but in my case I trade my own money (I will, I’m demoing now), I wouldn’t have confidence in anyone else to do so.

I didn’t read it all and frankly I don’t care, I trade the way he trades and it works. He is also very helpful and likes to help people.

Seriously people when you give your money to other persons to trade for you this kind of thing may happen. Nobody always wins in Forex and drawdown is inevitable. It may just happen that the day that someone else is trading for you is a bad day and you lose and that’s it.

Let’s not derail this thread shall we?

Thanks for posting this, it’s very interesting. I have a question though. You change your stop loss every day at half of the 14 ATR away from the 10 EMA. Say you’re short in a down trending market. Does this mean that during a retracement, it is possible that today’s stop loss is higher than yesterday’s? Or would you just use the lowest SL reached to date based on your system?

The reason I ask is because I can see a problem with both eventualities.

If you take option A, and the market turns against your trade, you could lose a lot more of your profits because you’re backpedaling with your SL.

On the other hand, if you take option B you might get stopped out during a fairly minor retracement, only to have the wave crest and drop again.

I suspect you use the former, since you seem to have trades going for weeks at a time. I’m very curious though, because this system really fits with my trading style and formalises a lot of the ideas I’ve been having recently.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Nope, you only move the stop in the direction of the trend. So, if the ATR 50% + the 10 EMA is higher than your last stop you just don’t move it.

What happens can be as follows:

Best case scenario: You keep adjusting the stop down, until you are stopped out postive with a lot of gain. Or you just hit a big gain on a candle that hauls ass in your direction and you decide that is enough.

Worst case: You get stopped out from the first start.

What happens in between those two scenarios often enough: A. Your stop moves down to BE, so the trade is now 0 risk. B. You get stopped out with a small loss. C. You get stopped out with small gain. D. Stopped out at break even.

The end result is that you will have some Break even trades, some losses, some small losses, some small gains and the whole point… some very, very large winners that beat the stink off of the other trades.

It takes a lot more patience than scalping for quick profits, but it’s also less screen time and headaches… and is much easier.

Great! Thanks for the reply; I have a standing rule about backpedaling with stop losses (i.e. it’s suicidal so never do it!) so I’m glad you’re on the same page.

Less screen time is always better. Some of the worst trading decisions I have ever made have been when I’ve been watching the screen after placing a trade. Conversely, the best win I’ve ever had was during a vacation. I set my final trade just before I went away, using a trailing stop. I apparently forgot to set my usual take profit, and came home to a huge 900 pip win. Since then I’ve been convinced that the less you interfere, the fewer opportunities to screw up you have. And that means more profit, not less.

Thanks again!

That isn’t technically true. Overanalysis (in any discipline) is always a danger. However, you should always remember that in trading, just as in any business, venture, or hobby, YOU must remain in control. Here’s a simple scenario to illustrate the point: You come home to see that the market had rallied 900 pips and fallen 850 points.

Moral: Do not get sucked into the optimistic hype of a big win when the market can very well destroy you psychologically or financially at any moment in time.

If it sounds too pessimistic, scientific evidence suggests that people who are depressed become more analytic.

1 Like

Hi Phoenix, is the book you are referring to: forex patterns and probabilities, by ED Ponsi??

Also, when u use 200,50,20,10 is that MA exp? or just MA? and what time frame is this on? weekly, daily, 4hr?? Thanks

Heres a solution if your trades arn"t winning read some books especially the ones that every trader has read and recommended that will separate one from the crowd,then learn to use & rely on lagging indicators that give false signals they will definately point one to the perfect entry, enrol in one those online learn to trade courses the one where it makes over 50k a month trading and everyone else is an underachiever cos they cant make 1200 pips aweek!
If you can get a million sheep in the corner of a paddock do you think the fox will know where the sheep are!
Blank charts no indicators,pure price action works everytime(ancient rice trader style),forget the trades everyone teachs one to take you watch them candlesticks long enough one begins to realise that if you trade how they (bilderbergs) want you to trade you will never win! Success comes from self knowlegde ones own divine inner intuition…Believe in your self and suceed!Defeat all odds with the power of truth,all truth comes from god so perfect your soul and your craft will follow!God likes men who grow like trees,man was given the creation to create so create your own destiny not what was written in a book that was the authors destiny not yours!

OMG!!! :eek: :smiley:

OK, this quote is from the OP’s last post on this thread, and I’m gonna repeat what a lot of others have already said, it’s not that scalping can’t be done, but it’s highly unlikely that you will be able to do it based on your description of your reactions to price.

I did it too. Now I trade daily’s and weekly’s. I been long the pound for 4 weeks and it’s half way to my target. May never get there. I don’t care. No stress, no stop-and-reverse, no M15 charts. No getting my a** handed to me for using a 15 pip stop.

Everybody is different. Find whatever it is about yourself that makes you unique, and leverage it into profit.

You would probably be better served by quitting trading than continuing to scalp. Or you could just move up the the longer TF’s, and despite all the boredom, make money.

I remember you posting on the NLA thread 2 years ago. Move on. Scalping is not your thing.

If you want to know how I do it, I’d be glad to share, just be prepared for boredom.

the “COWABUNGA SYSTEM” (I love the name) is a lagging system, but it follows the trend and hence makes pips…I only trade with a revised “COWABUNGA SYSTEM” 4 hour and 1 hour charts…mate!! a 4 pip stop loss on the eur/usd!!!..i

I am sorry to read about your story. And I really think that you know how to trade but your attitude towards trading is what is killing you. You start trading thinking that you will lose money, and remember the law of atraction. I also think that you need a forex strategy, to let you know when to enter and when to exit, but first change your attitude, think like a winner and think about forex like any other business, when sometime you win and sometimes you lose, but is how you face your loses that will determine your success in forex.
Remember not to change your strategy if you are losing stick to it, and be discipline and you will see you will be successful.

[I]How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser.
Lou Holtz [/I]

Maria
Fx-Megaforex
Smart solutions to your professional trader.

I have to set me up an email notification to threads. All these thoughtful posts that I might have missed.

I’ve made one trade since my last visit to this site, which was probably when I last visited this thread. All criteria pointed strongly towards a buy on the 1D, 4H and 15M. Got 9 pips in the good before I had to get some sleep. Slept well knowing I opened up a good trade. By morning I find it turned around and hit my stop for 55 pips. I tried to stay up as I prefer to set my stop to break even before going to sleep, but I couldn’t do it; 9 pips isn’t nearly enough. I was trying to set this up based on the daily chart. I guess when you only trade once a month or so, you can’t expect to get good very quickly.

I’m not a fan of the law of attraction. Some things might make sense in proper context, but most people forgot about the most important ingredient when learning about attraction.

I have a little trick that I use, for times when I think my ideal trading mindset might be compromised. I take the same trades I would take normally but I cut the lot size to fractions until I see my system make some wins. I don’t take all the risk out because bearing risk is what makes me a stronger trader IMO. Usually I’ll cut it in half, or sometimes to 1/10 when I think something is quite wrong. Red Flags for me are jumping the gun on a trade, or hesitating a good entry, and the worst, taking random unplanned trades.

Some might say that the best thing to do is walk away from trading, but personally I’ve found that reinforces the idea that I don’t have any control over myself, and it eats away at my confidence. Also, being actively involved in learning from your losses and the emotions that compound them, is the most efficient use of your time.

Over time, you should get to the point where you’re so confident in your system that you very rarely have to cut back the risk. If you analyze your losses, you can tell which are because of natural drawdown, and which are the result of poor discipline/confidence.

If it helps at all…I had 2 positions on gbp/nzd last week, up 1000 and 900 pips respectively…got stopped out at break even yesterday.

Yeah…that’s 1900 pips gone.

That’s just the way it goes sometimes.

leveragedopinion,

This is called gambling not trading. You need to learn the difference.

In my defense, the trades were based off of monthly patterns with multi-thousand pip targets.

I’ve already re-entered. I want to be in this til December.

Agreed with you. Attitude & Mindset is the very main thing to decide if you will be successful trader…

I can advise you to pick up a book from Donald Trump called Think Big & Kick Ass… It set your mind to a whole new level…

Hope this helps…

cowabunga system is good for noobs on how to learn how to make a system