Some brokers prohibited from doing business in France

On this forum, we don’t see many threads or posts dealing with forex in France. So, it may come as a surprise to some members of this forum to learn that foreign exchange turnover in France is quite large ($190 billion/day*) — larger, in fact, than turnover in Australia ($182 billion/day*). Looking just at continental Europe, more foreign exchange turnover occurs in France than in any other European country, except Switzerland.

Forex in France, including retail spot forex, is tightly regulated by twin regulatory agencies, the [I]AMF[/I] and the [I]ACPR.[/I] These agencies publish a list of forex websites (primarily retail forex [U]brokers[/U]) which are [U]not[/U] authorized to conduct business in France.

As reported today by [I]Forex Magnates,[/I] the French regulators have just added two more sites to this list of unauthorized sites, bringing the total number on the list to 25. You can see the entire list in this Forex Magnates article.

• turnover figures from the BIS 2013 Central Bank Survey

Interesting list. Includes names of some questionable brokers who keep popping up on babypips due to their controversial practices. Still, there are brokers that only got caught up due to their ambitious expansion plans. I think, language has to play a big role in why we don’t hear too much about France. Thanks for sharing those turnover numbers, helps me in my research…