Some pairs not offered in Demo?

I’m trying out a strategy I see on one of the forum threads and some of the pairs being posted as examples of movements to watch are not available to me in the drop down menu for my charts. I do see them advertised on the FXCM site though. Are they just off limits to demo accounts, for whatever reason?

We need to know which broker. Different brokers, different pairs.

Hi Merper,

Right click on the Market Watch window and select “Show All” from the menu that pops up.

Note that while all our currency pairs are available to traders worldwide, the trading of CFDs for oil, metals and stock indices is only available to non-US residents because of US regulations.

Jason

I didn’t follow this exactly since I couldn’t locate the Market Watch window in the desktop version. However I did find where to turn on/off pairs and it says there is a limit of 20 pairs shown at one time?

Sorry, I am using MarketScope. This software pic looks like it came from MT4?

Sorry, for some reason I thought you were using MT4. I think it was because I had responded to several posts the other day from traders using the FXCM’s MT4 demo. The image in my previous post is indeed from the MT4 platform. The image below is from the Trading Station. If you click on the Symbols button along the top, you will see this window, so you can select the currency pairs you want to trade.

The system limits you to viewing 20 pairs at one time for speed. You might notice our prices update quite frequently, sometimes several times per second for each pair. That’s a lot of data being sent to your computer every second. It is possible to override that 20 pair limit on a live account.

Ok, good to know. Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile:

It’s my pleasure as always :22:

Thanks for posting your question!

So I’ve opened up a small live account with FXCM. How do I override the limit? :slight_smile:

Our Operations department can change that setting on your account for you, if you email them with your account number at <[email protected]>.

Great, thanks! What sort of bandwidth are we talking about to handle 20 pairs? I’m curious, though I don’t work on low time frames or need a second by second update of the pairs.

Like you, my trades are longer term. I’m subscribed to all available currency pairs on my live account. It’s more important to me to be able to view all the prices. I’ve never had bandwidth issues myself either at work or at home using a broadband connection. You might not either.

We just set the 20 pair limit as a precaution, because some traders may not have as fast a connection, or they may be using wireless or satellite connections which tend not to be as stable.