Some people are buying BTC because their horoscope said so

Highlights:

• Marcus Thomas has since invested more than $11,000 in cryptocurrencies — in part because astrologers said it was a good idea
  • Many crypto investors are novices who are known to make decisions based on Reddit threads and gut instinct.
  • Uranus shifts every seven years, and its last shift into Aries (a sign known for individuality and activism) coincided with social movements like the Arab Spring, Occupy Wall Street, and Black Lives Matter — proof to him that there was a correlation.

Fun Fact: WD Gann (1878–1955) was a trader who used market forecasting methods based on geometry,astrology and ancient mathematics. His mysterious technical tools include Gann angles and Gann’s Square of 9.

In more recent times, there’s a guy named Arch Crawford, who has made a series of startlingly accurate predictions over the years, on the basis of planetary and astrological alignments. He’s probably the world’s most widely-known financial astrologer.

Yes there’s some wierd stuff out there - Bradley Siderograph has been very accurate for periods of several years from time to time !

They seem to be a bit like “elliott wasves” - sometimes you can see them easily on the chart and even trade them ! Then they disappear again.

Sometimes you can find that people of the same star sign have similar personalities and the influence of heavenly bodies is undoubtedly real (Moon causes tides and loads of other stuff - [EMOTIONAL stuff ! :heart_eyes: ] ) Sun warms the day and keeps us alive. Causes “El Nino” and is entirely responsible for the phenomenon they used to call “Global Warming” - but since it wasn’t really happening, they now call “Climate change”. Birds can navigate by the earth’s magnetic fields. I believe that it is just possible that the cycles of emotion which cause the markets to move, could be linked to “things we can’t explain at the moment” !

[Edit - whether these effects are reliably tradeable by using esoteric methods - I’m less convinced. However the type of personality which “believes in” crypto-currencies - may find them attractive. ]

I guess. I only know my own star sign so when I meet people with the same sign, I usually check to see if we have similarities. And 50% of the time, we do. Lol.

I do agree with this one though: I believe that it is just possible that the cycles of emotion which cause the markets to move, could be linked to “things we can’t explain at the moment” !

*follows Arch Crawford lol

1 Like

50 % of the time with 12 “star signs” - seems like a pretty good correlation to me ! :relaxed:

1 Like

It’s you are right some people are buying BTC because their horoscope said so, this is interesting.