Someone has offered to mentor me

a person messaged me to offer mentorship in exchange for my assistance in building a hedge fund. what does this mean? thanks.

In return for their mentorship, they are seeking your assistance in establishing a hedge fund. This could involve tasks such as helping with administrative work, conducting research, developing investment strategies, or contributing capital to the fund.

Wow, hedge fund, really? Is there a fee involved? Sounds scammy, especially if you arenā€™t like a experienced trader.

Donā€™t give this person any money.

1 Like

did you ask the person who said it what they meant by it?

thatā€™s surely going to help more than asking a bunch of strangers in a forum to guess?

what are this personā€™s qualifications to offer mentorship? have you spoken directly to other people mentored by this person and asked them how they benefited?

1 Like

Take your decision carefully because it can be any scamming offer too. Did he charge any fee for his mentorship?

2 Likes

Building hedge fund and mentorship are good option for you but you have to confirm whether itā€™s a scamming and how much expertise he has.

how do you know this, Rosie?! :astonished:

A hedge fund costs $100,000s and takes minimum 1yr to set up plus 3-5yrs to incubate, because I set these up for people and we train students to use the platform so they can do all the tasks like research, analysis, reports, daytrading, etc, Iā€™m training one right now on it but we know both mentoring and also fund setup, there is no quid pro quo as itā€™s too high level.

Recognize him/her?
Why should a stranger ask to be your mentor?
rely on your expertise

1 Like

Yes exactly, you can not trust people by risking on your money.

You can check out some of the subjects under ā€œmentorā€ on babypips as well.

You will not go wrong by using the words ā€˜No Thank Youā€™ and keeping your wallet in your pocket.

Sounds like this mentor is recruiting a partner for his scam.

The offer is good but make sure whether it is any type of scamming or not. If not negative, you can go for it.

That offer sounds really fishy. Make sure to research the person and their credentials before committing to anything. Trust your instincts and remember, if something feels too good to be true, it is probably a scam.