Something wrong with FXCM's software?

I was trading this position on FXCM demo marketscope software. If you look at my screenshot, the first arrow (pointing down) points to the candle where i entered my trade and the second candle (pointing up) where the trade was closed. I placed my stoploss on the 1.51160 level, you can see it that i drawn the line at the resistance level (grey line). I went off and came back shocked to see my stop loss hit, when you can see very clearly that the last candle where the stoploss was supposedly hit still a long way away from my stoploss! What is happening???:eek:

isn’t it obvious to you ,FXCM is a big fraud as far as iam concerned…

That’s unfortunate. The only reason I’m trading FXCM demo was my school’s requirement as part of the financial markets education.

That could be the spread, they can jack the spread up to hit your SL without the need for the candle to actually hit your SL.

There’s an easy way to check. At the top of the chart, there’s a button with a B and a button with an A. B stands for Bid (sell price). A stands for Ask (buy price). If you’re short a currency, the order to close the trade is going to be a buy order. Therefore the buy price will trigger a stop or limit. See the chart below, I changed it to an Ask chart and clicked on the candle to show the high price. The high was 1.51161.

Haha! I was wondering what was that 2 bid and ask button used for. Why do they need the that function? Thanks for your help! :smiley:

No problem :smiley: , I guess it would be a little easier if it were spelled out rather than just listing A and B on the buttons.