Southerners

Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
Wheres I comes from, we all dont like dem sunday preachers dat take all the dang day long to preach. We like it when dey sez what dey gots to say and be done wit it.

I’m trying to figure out what neck o the woodssis fella’s from. Mus be s’far back in’d sticks y’have to pack a lunch to go t’the mailbox. Either that or he’s a yankee fakin it.
I’m from the south and I don’t spec we talk like that. But we do say yall and recon and fixin to.
We don’t use plurals like “wheres i comes from” incorrectly and we don’t use incorrect grammar… well… mostly. and we don’t say “yall come back now y’hear”, only on the Beverly Hillbillies.

I know someone who would say “bless his heart”. And those of you who really are from the south will know what that means. :smiley:

Y’recon? yeah I spec so! Lawd a mercy !
aiiiite den bye yall

hmm phonetic spelling jus aint all that easy y’know

Talon -

You just brought back Kansas boyhood memories as my maternal grandmother used that expression quite a bit. She once swore, saying “Oh piffle”! Shocking no? d.

You hear Lawd a mercy around here a lot. middle Georgia. And speaking of southern accents. there is one guy I worked with. Where you would usually say ‘thank you’ he would say “we thank ye”. I havn’t heard many people using phrases like that, the older ones maybe like my grand parents.

Hey, great topic, TalonD.

Don’t forget to call the cars trucks, lol. :smiley:

Sunny regards from the south side of life! :slight_smile:

yep, and theres no such thing as a pop or a soda, it’s all coke, or cocola. my granny used to say go to the store and get me a dope. Of course back in her time cocola still had cocaine in it from the coca leaves.

The land of gun racks and rednecks :smiley: After the Atlanta olympics a local guy who calls himself Elbo started the redneck olympics. Some of the events were the mud pit belly flop, the hubcap toss, the big hair contest, and bobbin for pigs feet. And no, I didn’t join in… LOL

And when you go jukein at the juke joint (thats a bar for you yankees), if you don’t have a gun, they issue you one at the door LOL

Ok thas an exageration, most times we jus leave our guns in the truck

Lol, and nice food they have here. No cocaine inside anymore, though. :smiley:

They have a gun store here in my neigbhborhood. I guess I will order one in the case the government becomes too greedy to put their hands too deep in my pockets. That’s a constitutional right. At least til this unborn white house occupant changes that. :rolleyes:

Youins ain’t be makin’ fun of me now would ja?

I gots me a pickumup truck and shotguns and coon dogs too. Dats how it is on da farm in da country.

John, I tell ya, I wouldn’t invest a dime into any type of trading you are into, but you sure the hell are pretty funny at times.

LittleJohn, where are you from really?