Started with OANDA

Hi all,

I have been reading posts on this forum for a few months and recently completed school of pipsology. Have had the newbie question buzzing through my mind “What broker should i go with?” and after reading several threads have decided OANDA had the biggest recommendation. Reviews through google backed this so wala - ive signed up for a demo account! Looking to trade the demo for a good 2 months to familiarise myself with the platform.

A question for those that use OANDA, do you use any charting software alongside the platform charts? Also another typical newbie question is where do you go for news and market reports… bloomerberg?

I am sticking to just trading GBPUSD for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

I use IBFX so I can’t help you with one of your questions. As far as news reports I do use Bloomberg. I actually keep a link open to Bloomberg TV so I can listen to it while I trade. Another source is FINVIZ .com where you can get the future prices of all the indicies and commodities although with a 20 min. time lag. Once there click the futures button on the ribbon at the top of the screen that will bring you to a hot screen, just click on what you want to see.
Good Luck with your trading!!

Thanks for the reply! I’ll give FINVIZ a shot. Could i just ask what charting software you use or do you use IBFX charts?

Many thanks and ofcourse all the best with your trading also.

I trade with Oanda too and their Java platform had great execution speed, but I use their MT4 platform for charting. As for news, the calendar on Forex Factory is usually enough, but I do look at the Bloomberg website once in awhile to get more in depth news.