Statistical Arb/Pairs trading strategy!

whats the broker?
i might try to see how there platform looks if i can get a demo

Philips future . I use this platform called fx365 . Would post the link here but … I haven’t posted enough to be allowed by baby pips to link

my 100 pip SL got hit :frowning:

With the lock of the charts I do the worst divergence is about 368 pips, so 100 pip SL is too slow. That’s the reason I’m using 400 SL with 50 TP, until something bigger shows me that I need bigger SL.

lol guys any help ? medisoft? haha

Phillips futures took there time sending me the login info.
Doesn’t look like it will work with them…
any chance you could change broker?
Oandas pretty good…

No sorry.

You can use trade interceptor to get your entries and then place your entries on your broker.

Do you lock the charts and wait until you get the 100 pip divergence? what if it has been 17 hours and you still haven’t reach 100 divergence, do you still lock it every 17 hours or you just lock it and wait until you reach the 100 even if it has been days?

No, I don’t wait for 100 pip divergence. I said before what I divergence I look.

I’m talking about the stop loss, not the divergence… your stop loss at 100 pip is too low for this system.

I got 70 pip divergence on EU/GU just entered 15k each way…

Me too. I entered only 100 per side hehehehe

I’m also short A/J, long N/J .Aus and NZ unemployment figures out tonight…
Shame, I really wanted sleep! LOL

why not use my expert to close your trades while you are sleeping?

Thanks but I am still trading with Oandas Fx trade, just using Mt4 for entry…
I could never get use to MT4!!! LOL

Hey OOPs, have you ever had to just close trades for a big loss rather than wait for it to come back to breakeven/profit?

What happens when you get too much into drawdown? Do you just hope it will come back into profit? What if that one time it doesn’t?

I suppose if it doesn’t come back i get margin call.
I have (working out ) best place for stops but not quite figured it out yet,I think just closing after 1.8 days should work
but i need to trade more to find out,
so thats what i have been doing!

Thanks. What do you mean by 1.8 days. Just close the position by the end of the 2nd day of trade?

yeah close after 1.8 days. here’s myfxbook,

won ton soup System | Myfxbook

if you look under duration you will see most of my trades are closed before 1.8 days. but i am still trying to see if it’s viable,
I am also thinking of 5% but not sure yet

Nice looking curve there.

Yeah, but always worried about the 1 big loss!!!

Typical last-night,
The NZD went down, AUZ went up! Good old unemployment figures!