$* Statistical London Breakout Strategy *$

So the London win earlier this morning almost was erased by the other pending order getting opened and hitting SL…Ny pending order still open, as well.

Yes, here too. I like the idea of closing pendings if a TP was hit which I think is your original conceptual design. The idea of a “burst” of movement one way or another at the open with an “Oh darn, that was a false move, its going to go the other way” safety net is what we should be looking at. If the TP is hit on the first move, then its time to call it a day for London.

I think that is your plan?

Correct, and same for NY session.
I think the end pending orders at 20 hours needs to have all orders closed, whether open or pending, by that time, and be able to put that very close to the next session, almost 24 hours later.

Just a two pennath worth.

How about an option in the EA that if a TP is hit, on either candle in either direction that all other pending orders be closed?

Call it the greedy option if you want …

:53:

I think allowing each session it’s opportunity will yield the most profit in the end. Once a TP is hit, I think only the pending order for that session, if still open, should be closed. If London wins, there shouldn’t be any pending orders left open before the NY time starts. If NY starts and London either lost one, or one is open and active, I think London should be left alone to play out, and if it’s TP is hit, it’s opposite pending order then cancelled.

Hi Jonathan,

It would appear that something has happened in Version 4 that prevents the Close_Pending_After_TP from working. It was working fine in live and back testing on alpha 1, 2 and 3 but now orders are staying open after TP. (I have been only using on London H1).

UPDATE: Sorry, it’s between v2 and v3 something happened. Version 2 is also OK.

Thanks.

drb.

I just checked, and the pending buy stop order left from London session just closed…the 20 hour setting is 6pm EST, then.

We just need to have the close pending order after TP function working again, and I think it’s ready to roll.

Hey guys, sorry for my absence, I’ve got a ton of stuff to do this week, I will try to sneak in an update tonight though :slight_smile:

We understand, and thank you, again.

London buy is open, and NY buy is also open, EA seems to be still going ok.

London just hit TP, so maybe we’ll get NY TP here in a bit, too…price came very, very close to SL on NY.

EDIT: yay…NY TP hit, two for two…60 pips for the day.

NY sell pending order still open, though.

Same results here on NY. My London did not place order. I had set the Max_Retries to 0 in London and 1 in NY to see what would happen. So for me, a zero means no orders get placed. I have set to 1 now for tomorrow.
Very nice results. I manually cancelled the short NY pending order.

Yes, same here, the EA definitely got flawed on that in the last version, I’ll try and fix it later today.

Are you using 30 pips TP for New York now?

Correct…I am now trying 30 pip TP…once the EA is established, and a MT5 version is available, backtesting should help us nail down the best TP for both sessions.

If someone knows a way to get a compilation of statistics on the TP that would get hit the most often above 20 pips, (for Risk\Reward Ratio), besides this, please contribute that info.

OK, very important for Finfx users like me…

I was just sent an email from them yesterday that I just found which says on Feb 9th, they are switching their server time to 0 GMT, and disregarding daylight savings time. They advise anybody using EAs that use server time to be aware of this.

Ok, I’ll try to do a little catch-up here :slight_smile:

It probably will in its current state, which is a definite problem!
I think this functionality isn’t quite working out at the moment so I’ll deactivate it for now in Alpha 5 until I have time to really think it through and take another shot at it (it is a lot harder than one might think…)

So yeah, probably will remove the feature temporarily.

Thanks John, I appreciate your appreciation :smiley:

Backtesting in MT4 sucks (Pardon my french).
I would have to reprogram the EA for either MT5 or even better NinjaTrader to get a half decent backtest going. I will look into that in the future but right now, as we are all using MT4, I won’t do it until we all agree that the only thing having to be tweaked are the settings rather than the coding. (It would be quite some work to keep an EA in three different languages at the same level)

So weird that the Auto-GMT does not work for you guys, one would think as we all have the same OS it would work… Anyway, I’ll set auto gmt to default false and revisit this functionality with various brokers when I have the time.

There is: Close_Pending_Time

In this vey post!

I’ll add an option for this!

I’m afraid I won’t be able to put it in today but I’ll certainly include a feature for optimizing TP for Alpha 6!

Again, sorry for not writing as much!

Jonathan

PS:
I worked on the EA after writing this post so a little update on the state of it:
There was a logic error in the code preventing the EA from closing after TP hit. As the re-entry functionality uses the same logic part it would be possible that it will work as it should now as well but I don’t want to take any chances with this and will keep it out of the EA settings until Alpha 6, hope you’ll understand.

Anyway, the other things mentioned above should be all in here now :slight_smile:

PC_Breakout_Alpha_5.zip (6.63 KB)

Thanks, again, Jonathan…we owe you a lot for your hard work.

WOW! I feel like I just got raped! At 30 minutes into the 2nd hour, GBP/USD buy got hit (which was pretty close to the resistance line) and then seconds later took a 50+ pip dump!

British GDP figures have been released 09:30 GMT if I’m not mistaken. Slightly worse than the forecast so that would probably be what made people sell so rapidly.

Thanks Jonathan. I saw a similar post on another forum. I wonder if there was a way to see this coming? Is there a good website for news like this that directly effects FOREX traders?