$* Statistical London Breakout Strategy *$

Very good! I would just keep it up.

Sorry guys for my absence, my work cut off access to the site because of the hacking problems, so I am very sorry but my posts will be very few…please keep up the good work.

Has anybody trying the 10 pip TP, tried seeing what the results are with 10 pip maxSL, or 20 pip maxSL?

Hi PC,

I already read this thread for few days. And today I try the first trade on demo. I realised that it is better to use the EA , because 10 mins before the close of London 9:00 GMT ref candle, it still hit a new highest that triggers my trade on before it close. For the EA , can you teach me how to set? Anything that I have to download? I did downloaded the London Breakout v1-1.zip from crisscross. anything I have to added for the EA?

Hi everyone here,

First of all I want to thank you all for the hard work. By the way, I downloaded the Alpha 4 and done setting, but why it seems like nothing appear on my chart? anyone can help me?

my server time is GMT + 2 , so is it my GMT Offset should put 2? and I must select “false” on the automatic GMT right?

Hi PC
I am trying with a SL of 30. Opened a new demo account on the 12th with $5000 and its at $4670 this morning after the london open but before the ny open. It could be related to this unrest in Cypress which is causing the euro to move erratically.

It is however entirely possible that I have my chart time settings wrong. Note the image. Is the red arrow today’s london open or its the blue? I have been a bit confused since daylight savings time. If the red arrow, then today was actually not a loss.

and also because you are using a mechanical system in a dynamic environment.

LOL!!! Thanks for that insight!!

Looks like my reference points were off on both london and ny because the USA had its daylight savings earlier than Europe so my numbers are off… And of course because I AM USING AN AUTOMATED SYSTEM IN A DYNAMIC MARKET… LOL

It is the red arrow…finfx is using GMT time, which doesn’t change with daylight’s savings time. So just make sure the EA is setup to use the red arrowed candle for the reference candle.

Now I’m a little confused too. I’m using finfx and did not make any changes to my EA properties for daylight savings.

My settings: Reference_Candle_Time: 09:00, Reference_Candle_Back: 1, Use_Automatic_GMT: true. My reference candle is lining up with the blue arrow in Riley’s image.

That’s because you have the automatic GMT as true…change it to false.

OK, I didn’t think that setting should make any difference. Doesn’t it just calculate the correct distance for your broker time and GMT time on its own so that we don’t need to worry about setting the Manual Offset?

I set it to false as suggested, and have the Manual_GMT_Offset set to 0 (finfx = GMT, correct?). The time displayed on my chart for “Time until reference candle” remained unchanged.

I still seems to be missing something, and apologize for my confusion. The candle that corresponds with the blue arrow in Riley’s image appears to be the candle that opened at 8am on my finfx chart which is also 8am GMT time?

Thank you again for all the help you’ve provided to all on this forum.

I think that some of the confusion is that the USA has moved their clocks but Londand has not. Before the time change, i was -5gmt and london was gmt and now I am -4gmt and London is still GMT. I suspect that at the end of the month when london moves its clocks forward, we will become -5GMT again. So below are my current settings until that time. I just changed them today as I had them wrong on todays open. so monday, i can confirm the times with the actions.

I would of used the candle marked with the arrow.
8am G.M.T.
The broker G.K.F.X has decided to mark this candle as 9am G.M.T even though they are based in U.K. There charts times are an hour ahead of G.M.T.

F.X.D.D charts are 3 hours ahead of G.M.T so 11am becomes 8am

computers time is displayed in bottom corner.
G.M.T 18.06

Could of easily taken some profit on these breakouts.
Thursday and Friday you would of got stopped out on the two sells but could of made it to break even with the move in the other direction.

actually I had the same problem as you too. Reference candle become the blue arrow candle. But my GMT offset was set as “2”. So now I set GMT offset to “1” , mostly the London market open at 9 GMT right?

For this method, anyone have the backtest since 2012-2013? What is the results for every month?

I would be interested to know as well. I read this whole thread and will be coding (with the help of a friend) and backtesting this strategy for the past 3 years. I will post the results. It would be interesting to compare them…

I am interested to know if anyone is still trading live with this system? are you consistently profitable?

I did backtest for the past 4 months (10TP/25SL , 20TP/25SL , 25TP/25SL , and 30TP/25SL ) and I found out that 20 TP with 25 SL is the most profitable. Can you include that TP/SL into your backtest for past 3 years and let me know?