$* Statistical London Breakout Strategy *$

The server time of the broker does not matter, you just have to look into time conversion and see when the sessions open in your time zone.

ForexMarketHours v5.1

Welcome! At which point do you have trouble with the EA, please be more specific and I’m sure we can help you :slight_smile:

Hi pipcompounder, nice strategy.

Ive been trading it live on micro lots for last couple of months now.
My T.P is ten pips in which ever direction the trade opens, not very good R/R, But the amount of times it goes plus ten is pretty reliable. Ive had only five losses in the last 3 months thats trading every weekday.
Thanks for the strategy helped me loads,:

Glad to hear (see) it…I haven’t tried any really small TPs because of the R\R thing, but I do remember a very high win rate with the 7 pip TP…if you’ve only had 5 losses, I would just keep doing what your doing, 10 pips a day, consistently can make you rich…keep it up!

Today’s NFP is moving the markets pretty good, so hopefully the london ends up closing good, it did lose it’s first buy trade, today.

Welcome! At which point do you have trouble with the EA, please be more specific and I’m sure we can help you :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Jonathan, thanks for replying.

I’m 100% sure it is operator error however, the EA does not appear to be making trades.
I’m running it on a Alpari UK micro demo account
I have changed the magic numbers
GMT False
Offset 2
Trade Info: 0;30;10 / 1;300 / 0;0;0 / 2;0.01
MM_Mode_2)Value 1000

Could it be that I need to make the Auto GMT true?

Sorry for asking such basic questions.

Thanks

Hmmmm, I never ran it on a micro account, that should not be the problem though. Are there any errors in the “Experts” or “Journal” Tab you can see? (You can test that with setting the reference time a minute or 2 ahead of the current time and see if it trades as it should)

Please try this setting for trade info:
0;30;10|1;300|0;0;0|0;0;0|0;1

The GMT setting should not affect if the EA is trading or not…
Please try the method of forcing it to trade and tell me any errors you see in the 2 tabs!

Hi Jonathan,

Many thanks for the help!, I think I have found the error and as I thought it was my mistake, I had not checked the “Enable Expert Advisors (except for Customer Indicators and Scripts)” button

I intend to set the EA on Monday and see how it goes.

Thanks again for the help it is very much appreciated.

today ended netting 30 pips…this week netted negative for me.

Plus ten pips every day, except tuesday when the buy trade got stopped out, then the sell opened.

hello, I would like to join you all in trading this method. But first I gotta plough through 83 pages of thread, whew.

so far today.

plus ten

Quick time zone question Pipscompounder. I am still with finfx like you. I still have my auto gmt turned off (false) and with the time zone change to daylights savings, did you need to change anything in your “offset” setting? We started with 2 and the finfx made a change last month so we moved to 0. Did we change now to 1 with daylight savings?

Just piping in here - Pipcompounder I have been following a few of your strategies/threads… :slight_smile: I don’t have this one figured out completely yet as there are a lot of pages to read but I just wanted to let you know I am real interested in this one!
Thanks for sharing!

40 + pips for the week.

A quick 10 pips also on the NY open today.

Hi Riley

What candle is used as reference for NY, im on uk time?
A trailing stop would of worked out on some of these trades.
Would have caught some more of the moves.
Had good results with taking ten pips.

Have been testing this technique on the daily time frame also.
Works nicely for a ten pip take profit.
Really, really, really bad risk/reward.
But when the reward comes often.
Only looked back quickly to 14/12/2012

65 days
10 no trades/ didn’t breakout./ inside bar.
3 losers — 334 pips.
62 winners—620 pips.

Have been referencing the 8am GMT candle.
GKFX is a UK broker , don’t know why they have there time one hour ahead on there charts.
FXDD uses new york close candles , no weekend Sunday candle.

Hi Wespest
Its a 15 min chart on the NY open and I am using FinFX which might be the same time zone as UK. The chart time is 13:00 which was 9:00 eastern time here in the US. Then the order is placed at 13:15. The order went short at 13:15 too and hit the 10 pip profit at 13:39. So with that said, both the London open (long) and the NY open (short) both hit the 10 pip mark.

What do you have your max Stop Loss (SL) set at that you lost 334 pips in 3 trades? I have mine set to 300 which is 30 pips. I will see how it works out.

Have you looked at any other pairs other than EUR/USD? I have not yet but since its a demo account, I will probably set that up with a few next week to see how it goes.

Very interesting day for the 10 pip TP concept. I actually woke up today to see the pending order for the London open and saw the huge gap in the open due to the news and decided not to continue with it as it is a very unusual day. The london LONG would have hit a 10 pip TP 3 hours later. I did however leave the NY open and it went short only to be stopped out with a 20 pip loss and then went long to hit the 10 pip TP. So had a simply left everything alone, the day would have been a break even (less commissions) but instead, i missed the london profit and took a 10 pip loss in NY.

Very interesting and of course, actually pleased with the entire strategy. Though the RR for a 10 pip TP is not great, I really like the hit and run concept.

Riley