Staying Focused Poll

What Helps Keep You Focused When You Trade?

• Reading Trade Psychology Books
  • Music
  • Meditation
  • Other

0 voters

Everybody has their way of keeping focused when it comes to trading, it’s not all the same.

1 Like

No distractions, please! Door closed. No wife. No kids. No dogs.

Maybe some tunes.

2 Likes

I know. I just meditate before and put my buds in for the music…also depends on what type of music

Music but with slow tune.

Preparation of my mindset beforehand. Getting into the zone. Taking note of latest fundamental news, Focusing on strictly trading my system throughout. Utilising the Watchlist on here to confirm a selected trade as having a high probability of success.

Modafinil works a treat for staying focused if you can get hold of it

Not that I’m advocating pharmaceuticals - lol

Coffee, wonderful beautiful delicious coffee.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

That meditation changes the brain, increases brain health while reducing stress, anxiety and mental decline. Trading is a mental performance discipline, which by and large is highly dictated by your brain and trading mindset.

Meditation all the way for me too. The best way to mange stress and stay focused. Btw, for how long do you meditate?

1 Like

Meditation works for me, it soothes and prepares my mind for trading.

I believe if you are deeply involved in something, focus naturally comes. Where there is no involvement, if you try to bring focus, it will be torture.

There’s nothing special that I do to stay focused as such, yes my room needs to be a quiet place, that is the only requirement that I have. But yeah, at times when am highly stressed or not in a good mood because of any loss/failure, I meditate most of the times.

Didn’t work for me I have to say. WELL, except that I couldn’t sleep come night time hahaha. I was waiting for the whoosh but na it didn’t happen. Will have to try again I suppose!

There is no ‘woosh’ just an ability to focus well for hours on end.

First time I took it I didn’t really notice anything either.

I was trying to use it for a really long physically-involved day so that’s probably my mistake. What time during the day do you take it?

I took it as part of a normal work day (not trading).

I was working 12 hour days on a project and I really felt ‘in the zone’ as it were.

Time just flew by and menial repetitive tasks filled me with joy,

I don’t think its a drug to be taken when doing physical work, but stuck for long hours at the PC it was really great.

One thing I do is take regular short breaks while I trade.This helps me concentrate well.

1 Like

AND NO PHONE. I also take several short breaks to keep myself focused.

The analysis is not possible without a full focus on trading. So you should meditate before every trade.

Make babies!!

360_F_224710662_4UpslytxUWdLSX8r6OVM1NCyiyt5XSFS

1 Like