Stellar vs. Ripple?

What are everyone’s thoughts on XLM being better than XRP?

Stellar is a fork of Ripple and is an open-source, currency exchange and remittance network.

The Stellar network is:

• Extremely fast, with a median processing time of 5 seconds
  • Scaleable, with the ability to handle 1000 transactions per second;
  • Handle cross-border payments and process transactions both in XLM and in fiat

Hello. :slight_smile: I’ve been fairly into cryptocurrencies lately and I’ve been reading about them.

I initially thought that Stellar is better than Ripple since Ripple was supposedly created to solve international payments and Stellar, to solve Ripple. But coming to think of it, neither is significantly better than the other since they have different purposes (despite the very similar functions). :slight_smile:

Again, these are just my thoughts on it! :slight_smile:

But I’d love to know more about these cryptos so I’d keep reading around. I’d then give an update of I find anything interesting.

They’re both used to make cross-border payments faster and cheaper. How are their purposes different?

1 Like

Nice to drink the stellar after you have eaten all the ripple’s. Burp…! .:alien:

2 Likes

Hi TradingPanda! :slight_smile:

Perhaps I should’ve phrased my words better.
They DO HAVE the same purpose but they supposedly facilitate these in very different ways. (At least that’s coming from the things I’ve read about them online.)

If my understanding is wrong, then please do let me know! :slight_smile: Thank you so much!

1 Like

I don’t consider XRP as a “real” cryptocurrency.

Ripple was instamined. All 100 billion coins of XRP were created when it launched in 2012. The founders kept 20 billion and gave the rest to the company. They put 55 billion XRP in an escrow account, which they can sell up to 1 billion every month.

Be that as it may. Have you read into the use of XRP?
Not to mention that recently UAE bought the company that created Ripple.
A lot of banks and financial institutions use them to make fast transfers with low fees.
Again, it may not be a “real” crypto but I feel it’s got promise.
I have a couple of concerns tho:

1. Now that it’s owned by UAE does this not mean that they will be able to speculate with the price and/or keep it around the 1$ mark so that it’s stable.
  2. If the banks and other institutions decide to drop it as a transfer method due to it’s volatility and selloff?
    Take all my points with a grain of salt and do your own research.

Well!! Stellar seems to be one of the unique cryptocurrencies that handled to survive the crypto market. However, few crypto experts assume that stellar price will surely double its price.
On the other hand, coinpedia has predicted really well.

More importantly, i want to invest in stellar, can anyone suggest me how high its price go?

1 Like

My thoughts exactly