Steroid Scalping

I only, have one thing to say, the topic name - just killed me :smiley: Steroid Scalping :smiley: Lol !!! Sorry for offtopic :smiley:

this method looks like an intense f*** with a hot babe in a quiet hotel ā€¦
it wont work on the longer termā€¦
market never sleeps ā€¦lately u had crazy moves during asian sessionsā€¦

• giving 60% for spread + how much you give for taxes??..
    then you have what 10-15% ā€¦

well did you try it? Pip siphon Is living off it.

I wont put down any method til I give it a go round. scalping isnt for everyone.

You do your thing Ill do mine. Until you have tried it you cannot put it down.

Please keep your opinions to yourself and stay in your thread.

man, of course i know this methodā€¦and yes, i did try it
i dont criticizeā€¦
it s just my opinionā€¦dont we have the right to tell our opinion?
if u r happy with it then good for u.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but more times then not it is merely just that, an opinion, nothing of any value except to the person stating it. I see time and time again on all these forums peopleā€™s opinions thrown in response to a fact find question.

So since were giving opinions, hereā€™s mine, unless your opinion is asked for inside of a thread then donā€™t give it. If someone wants to post an opinion start a new topic.

The only room, in learning, for opinions are those based off facts not feelings.

ā€œOpinions are like rocking chairs, they give you something to do but donā€™t get you anywhereā€

Thatā€™s just my opinion, lolā€¦Can I spell hypocritical?

oooh of course

now a kingā€™s speech merits oscar ā€¦ a simple man speech is racism?
ok ok i understood the rules of the forumā€¦
the only problem with you is that you giving ā€œprovoking adviceā€ not opinionā€¦
for the facts => you know there is an incredible resource called WikiLeaks ā€¦another scamā€¦ made by abraham & moishaā€¦ lol

anyway in Dog we trust ā€¦yeah? hmā€¦

Bottom line this is a great and very informative thread and the people reading are trying to learn. You obviously canā€™t trade like this nor are trying to learn how so why bother posting? I doubt many care that you canā€™t trade like this and perhaps your trying to spread your own doubts to make yourself feel better about not being able to do it? I donā€™t knowā€¦but many people trade like this including myself and make good respectable profits. Regardless Iā€™m not going to entertain this anymore and clog this thread with nonsense you canā€™t do it your not trying to learn and you are certainly not helping anyone so again why bother.

random method , random peopleā€¦
im f OFFā€¦

Does anybody know how to use Level2? Pip Siphon said it is one of his most important tools, together with tickchart, when watching PriceAction.

I read somewhere that watching Level2 can be used as a tool only for scalping, to predict a small moves like 2-3 pips. When f.e. there are more ask offers, or with bigger volume, you can expect the price to go down.
PipSiphon wrote also once (trading London session) that he expected the price to break support line becouse level 2 showed some big sized orders (post #153).

Anybody has some experience with it?

I am trying to set up level II on MBtrading but cant seem to get it as of yet. What bothers me is that Level II is only good for the broker you are working with since forex is OTC. No centralized market only gives you a slice of the whole pie. But I am looking in to it.
Theres another broker with an level II feed but the name escapes me. i know it was in my hard drive. Have to search this weekend.

I also added the 20 and the 50 Bollinger bands to my template. I got caught trading the london NA overlap. Thought the 1.40 would hold and it didn,t.

The 20 and 50 Bollinger bands will warn me of overbought and oversold conditions.

Get the Bollingers confluenced on some support or resistance lines and its almost a slam dunk.

I guess I had to learn the hard way too about trading the loud times instead of the quiet asian times.

I wonder where pip-siphon is these daysā€¦ it would be sweet to know if he is still trading this style or tanked his accountā€¦

How much leverage are you guys trading with?

Since this is a ā€˜Hyperā€™ Scalping thread I am going to assume most are using at least 75:1. I think we have all spent some time trying to scalp using 200:1 to 400:1. Using the latter type of leverage is a tad bit easier than it used to be back in the early days (early 2000s) when 4-5 pip EURUSD spreads were common and standard.

I have been scalping wiuth 50:1 but I am finding the FIFO to be a hinderance to what I want to accomplish. I like the spreads but the FIFO just kills me. I miss out on a lot of good opportunities. So its been tough to decide between tight spreads and FIFO as to what broker I am going to go full out in. Even if I choose a Non FIFO broker I see no reason to be above 50 to one for this type of trading.

Hi! I was reading your thread, and yes, having a wireless connection adds lag to your streaming data.

Also, Iā€™m curious about your price action feelings. Iā€™m developing my system using your comments and my experience but I wish to know more about when do you feel that the price action is going to do something or another thing. Can you place charts in which you first thought that it will be a buy and after some time you see the price action telling that it is a sell?

By the way, Iā€™m trading only with price actions and S/R lines taking 1-2 pips per trade, just like you, and doing averaging and at this point it is working very nice Small gains that forms a big snow ball

what is the difference between scaling and averaging?

I understand scaling as if I had a loss, in the next trades I increase the lot size by a factor until the loss is recoup. Because my win ratio is very high, say 80%, and the stop loss is small, it is probable that the next 3-4 trades will be winners and recoup all the loss. I divide the required amount to recoup the loss in various trades, not in only one.

And as averaging I understand that if a trade is losing, but a new signal in the same direction is triggered, then I add to the ā€œloserā€ at a better price, and keep doing this until I maxed the trade size, say, if Iā€™m using 1% of my account as a max risk, then I place normal orders of 0.25% and when averaging I place another order of 0.25% risk at better place, this way I can place up to 4 trades before topping my max risk.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong with this understanding :slight_smile:

Thanks

Ok, now I finished reading the trade, downloaded the screen shots and Iā€™m also studying the method. I love trading, it has become my secret and previous unknown passion. Iā€™m also a developer, and Iā€™m trying to implement indicators to help in this type of trading.

Right now I programmed an EA that calculate support / resistance levels for many timeframes (D1, H4, H1, M30, M15 and M5) also draws it on the chart dynamically and set the color and width depending on the number of times that they has been respected by the price.

Iā€™m working in a function that does money management automatically, and another one that detects and draw trend lines for various timeframes with the same idea of S/R levels, about being respected 3 or more times to be accepted as trend lines and drawing them bolder if they are respected more times.

This way a red colored S/R that is bolder than others are more probable to be respected, because it is of higher timeframe and has been respected more times in the past.

The money management system will handle position sizing, averaging and scaling. The trader (like me) will only have to decide if a trade is entered or not, based on price action.

Price action is the part that Iā€™m still not good enough and need screen-hours to master, but I think that the help of other parts (S/R, trend lines, MM) will be enough to improve my trading.

I was trading on a demo account on Liteforex, and on Oanda. Oanda spreads are lower but Liteforex rebate helps on reducing spreads, and if using a floating spread account the spread is good enough for various pairs. Also I have a problem with Oanda, is that I canā€™t place pending orders with expiration of 1 minute, only 1 day or GTC, and I canā€™t do hedging, and sometimes I canā€™t place a market order with stop loss and take profit values, so I need to place the market order and then modify it to set SL/TP levels, thatā€™s a problem.

I started today practicing with a real account on liteforex with variable spread and multirebate of 1.5 pips. In my first 3 trades I made the 1% following this system. Then after lunch time I continued practicing and loss that 1% plus 0.05% more because I entered counter-trend.

Iā€™m with a 10 dollar account and every pip costs me 1 cent, so it is wonderful for practicing with a real account and MT4.

Ok, Itā€™s now 9pm CST, and I have recovered all the loss, and generated profit :slight_smile: Iā€™m just following this method, looking at M1, M5, M15 and H1, placing trend lines and support/resistance levels and bollinger bands. Also I added some candlesticks like pinbars at support/resistance levels with limit orders, taking profits of about 7-8 pips per trade. Now Iā€™m up 1.38% in my first day of trading with steroid scalping.

Iā€™m looking for a way to improve this method using techniques of swing trading, and I think this will be called ā€œswingcalpingā€.

Iā€™m using liteforex because I can have nano lots there with MT4, with oanda the nano lots are only in their own tool fxtrade, not in MT4.

Thanks Pip Siphon :slight_smile:

May I ask you if you are still reading this thread?

I want to know if the charts you uploaded here, specially the one that shows small and big dots indicating trades entries and exits is an indicator or is a ā€œphotoshop effectā€.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

you can extend the trading capabilities of that $10 on a cent account. your MM might be easier.

EDIT>> You might find the Oanda Java platform is much better for scalping like this. I have a live Oanda account and a Lightforex account. I like both accounts for different reasons. The Oanda account is defiantly faster when it comes to order execution and its easier to place the orders. You can even set it to 1 click trading. Might be worth getting a demo at least to try it out. Its a little different and it will take a few tries to get it right but it might be worth it if your serious about trading like this. The spreads on the LF variable spread account and Oanda are pretty close most of the time LF is a little higher I think but not much.