Steroid Scalping

Hey Cspeed, do you trade real or demo? and with which broker ? Any problem with the broker ?

Cspeed, I second this question. I think for this type of thing the broker is an important thing. If memory serves me right Pip-Siphon uses Oanda as a broker for most of his trades and seems to be more than sucessful there. I am still working my way through the Babypips school to learn everything I can because im still trying to get a grasp on what the indicators are saying and what kind of signs are being used in this system. Iā€™m looking forward to hearing more updates from people.

Hey guys,
Yes trading live, not demo. I also use Oanda. Iā€™m pretty the ā€œOne-clickā€ trade they offer is essential as most times you need to enter and exit trades immediately.

I actually stumbled across this guys Youtube channel yesterday. He trades using almost the same strategy. You can actually watch him trade live. I found it quite informative, as I hope you do too.

youtube.com/user/narianu0#p/u/33/Lqj9awOoGjM

Cspeed,

Thanks for the info. Iā€™m sorry for all of the questions just trying to get as much infomation as possible. I am at work so I canā€™t watch any of the videos, but i did find that this guy has a blog where he is trying to grow his account from $300 to $3000. It is here : tenbaggerchallenge.blogspot.com I think that these might be the videos that you are refering to. The thing that worries me is that when i was looking on there he said that he got close to a margin call a few times. From what I have read from Pip-Siphon that with this system we shouldnā€™t be close to a margin call. Is it just that he is using much more leverage than Pip-Siphon? Because I hope to never get close to the dreaded margin call. hahaha. But you did say that the systems were similar so maybe its the same system just different money management.

Thanks for all of the info and sorry for all the questions.

No problem :slight_smile: Yes, the systems are similar. He also trades semi-naked and only places trades at support/resistance of trendlines. He also uses a scale-in strategy.

I also question his money management on a few trades that I would have just cut the losses bu the continued to scale in. :confused:

But, he does show his trades live, and explain why heā€™s making the trades.

I want to create a group to trade London session, from 1am till 3am. The idea is we discuss market sentiment and market overview etc. I do not want you to share your strategy or system with me. My group right now has 3 people. If someone feels like you must deal with the devil inside: Stress, Fear, Hope, and all the rest then this group is for you.It is not good working alone so I started to share ideas with a few other traders of different levels to see if We will actually have fun and make the time more enjoyable as well. My group already started for 1 week. I still looking for someone at my level with at least level 3 ā€“ 4 years of experience and who is a dedicated trader. Let me know.

Iā€™d be interested in listening in, but Iā€™m busy checking out the back of my eyelids at that time. I trade the NY session (6:30-7am to 12pm PST) and around 6:30-7pm to 10pm PST.

Hello All

Cspeed, this way of trading is very profitable, I really like it, but it needs constant screen watching and absolute concerntration. This week I have traded everyday from monday to Friday but and I am exhausted and slept every night with a splitting headache. I really need to work out some less screen time

Hehe. Well that really dependsā€¦ Iā€™m in front of the computer all day. I work from home. I find that you only need to watch the screen constantly when you are IN a trade or when price approaches a support/resistance level. Thereā€™s a lot of downtime in between.

I find things to do like surf the net, watch a movie, listen to Coast to Coast :stuck_out_tongue:

I donā€™t make nearly as many trades as Pip Siphon does in a single session. I recall in his early posts that he was making 100 trades/session!

I find that I only make 17 trades/day according to my log.

So, not that stressful at all IMO.

Pullice, I still have yet to try this way of trading as I am still in the early stages of learning everything. You say that this is very exhausting. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Pip-Siphon has lowered his time that he spends trading quite a bit, i thought there was a post where he said that he was down to around an hour of trading. I may be wrong or maybe it was just for that dayā€™s trades.

mzaiman, pip siphon has more than 2 years almost 3 years trading this way (under correction), I am only doing it for a few weeks now, I have tried this way a few times last year as well for a short period. As pip sithon says you need alot of practice and try to breath with the market, that takes time and with time you start building up experience.

Hey there everyone. I was just looking at the forum and noticed that there is a system called ā€œMad Scalperā€ which is in the Free Systems section. This looks to me to be similar. Iā€™m wondering if there is a way that we can incorporate some of the things they use to possibly make this system better (if thatā€™s possible, haha). Anyway, I figured I would turn to the masters of this system to see what they had thought. It seems thought that the other system has only a handful of trades whereas Pip-Siphonā€™s system has quite a few trades. Iā€™m looking forward to hearing what people have to say.

Hey Pip-siphon, nay new trades recently ?

I second this question. Any updates from anyone? Pip-Siphon? CSpeed?

Yeah, I just get lazy with taking screenshots, and actually posting.

Since I trade between 8pm and 12am my time, so most of this week, Ive just traded, and then gone straight to bed.

And then by the next day Oandas 1 minute history isnt scrollable to the night before, so I cant take a shot to post up here.

So thats why no posts, but still trading.
And will be, for as long as forex exists! :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll try to remember to force myself to take a screenshot every night before bed, so that if Im too tired to post that night,then at least I have the shot to be able to post the next day.

Wow people who use this system must have super brain to keep psychology in check or they trade MICRO LOTS. If you can do this type of trading with mutiple std lots then you can trade with my group.

I totally understand about not really feeling like taking the screenshots and posting. After 4 hours of trading i donā€™t blame you.

I have been working my way through the baby pips school and I feel like im starting to get a grasp of everything. I think i might start trying a little trading. I thought about just doing demo for a little bit, but I remember you saying something about opening a live account with a really really small amount and trying with that. So i think i might try with $50 and see what i can do with that. If i lose $50, no harm no foul.

Iā€™m pretty excited about getting my hands dirty and really trying all of this stuff out. I feel like I have tons of information in my head, but I know I still have a ways to go before Iā€™m successful.

I look forward to hearing everyones updates. Good Luck everyone.

Wow, that is an insane amount of trades! Does your broker give you a problem for trading so much. I would think most brokers would have an issue with trying to pick them off. Is OANDA good to scalp with

I work from home also so itā€™s easy to accumulate the trades - but it depends on the price movement - if itā€™s busy I do up to 20-35 trades a day and then leave 2-3 open when I go to bed. Get up in the morning (about 7 hrs later) and close them out. I kinda like the instant gratification side of scalping but I get bigger pips with longer trades so itā€™s a double edged sword. I often come out quicker than I should of BUT as long as I make a profit I am ok with that. :smiley:

I think that most brokers would love scalpers??? A LOT more spreads for them. My has no problem with it at all :wink: