Still not sure with my strategy, too simple but profitable, and short story about me

Hi,

I’ve been trading since early 2022,
I tried bunch of strategy, learning more about macro economics, correcting my mental state when trading, improving my risk management, adjusting my trading style, and of course losing a lot of money in the process.

and since September 2023,
I kinda found a trading style and strategy, that I comfortable with, and been consistently profitable for 4 months without being grumpy when losing, even though on average I only got 200$ a week, but its consistent.

the problem is my strategy is very simple, its makes me kinda doubt it,
tried other style but I decide scalping is more comfortable, have an open trade makes me cant sleep peacefully, my strategy just goes like this, 1. wait until EMA in 1m, 5m, 30m timeframe go in the same direction 2. wait for pullback 3. entry when the price brake previous HH when bullish/ LL when bearish, yup that’s all,

Comparing my strategy to all the fancy indicator out there makes me doubt it, maybe my strategy is too simple/not profitable in long run.
I planed to go big, saved decent amount of money ready to increase my trading lot if this strategy working,
I really want to find an another job, I enjoy reading news and chart instead of looking at excel in my cubical all day, tried other side job but I don’t know why trading just feel very interesting to me

What you guys opinion on this ?

Thanks,

If it works for you and ur profitable don’t change it.

1 Like

Boring is great. Profitable is great. $200 per weeks is great.

I’d only ask what your risk per trade is like. If you’re doing this maintaining a sound risk strategy, imagine doing the same on a larger account size.

If you can continue to do this consistently, the only thing you’re missing is more funds.

I see a funded account in your future perhaps.

1 Like

That’s not a full strategy. Trade entry criteria is the least important metric in a trading system… especially in a discretionary one.
Since entry does not matter but to give an ample sample set, your system profitability will be based on position & risk management, risk/reward ratio.

1 Like