Still very new to forex trading

I was introduced to Forex trading in the lockdown via a network marketing company. But was more interested in recruiting than teaching to trade so lost money and tried on my own, watching YouTube video and joining signal groups but none of them really focused on developing a strategy, being disciplined. I started a while ago on babypips and did some of the training. So I’m back to finish where I left of and also to see what strategy works for me. I want to be a disciplined trader that follows a plan, journals, backtests, reflects and knows when to stop and not blow another account. I need to trade around work as an additional income and become really good at it.

1 Like

Apart from this great learning site here’s a link how to construct a plan…

Hi Yvonne

Just a quick tip
You really do need to stick to one strategy, Having multiple strategies you learning will result to you having traders block, in that case you would have to try unlearn everything you learnt and restart again, and plus look for somebody who would guide you in the markets and not somebody who just wants to take your money because honestly speaking if you take signals you need to analyse by yourself too, we would understand if it was mentorship with signals, meaning you learning and at the same time that mentor is giving you signals.

most welcome into this forum. lot of educational materials and i hope you will like all of them . happy trading

education is important but besides this it is more appropriate to trade in a demo account.

hi and welcome . hope for the best

In order to be a consistent earner in your forex trading career, you will have to become a consistent learner. The more you study, the more capable you become. It’s not about how early you start but how early you grab things.

Hello, don’t be afraid of taking risks because they help you get better with time. Be afraid of not learning properly because this can make you make wrong trading decisions that are costly.

I like the spirit. Put as much effort into learning as you will while you are trading with actual money. A deep understanding of the market is a trait of successful traders.

Hey, welcome! Learn the basics well and hold on to your excitement so that you don’t take unnecessary risks. Take at least a year’s time to learn and develop your strategy before you take the big plunge.