Stocks rebound intact after SP500 fresh record - 2.4.2021

Top daily news

Equity markets are mostly higher in holiday-thinned trading currently after SP500 ended above 4,000 for first time Thursday. Amazon shares tacked 2.16% as Amazon workers in Alabama voted in a historic poll to decide whether they want to be represented by a union, Tesla lost 0.93% ahead Of Q1 deliveries data while rivals reported big sales on Thursday.

Forex news

Currency Pair Change
EUR USD +0.03%
GBP USD +0.08%
USD JPY -0.74%
AUD USD -0.43%

The Dollar weakening is intact currently . The live dollar index data show the ICE US Dollar index, a measure of the dollar’s strength against a basket of six rival currencies, lost 0.3% Thursday as US Labor Department reported 719 thousand Americans sought unemployment benefits over the last week, up from 658 thousand the previous week.

Both GBP/USD and EUR/USD continued climbing Thursday as Markit reported euro-zone manufacturing activity grew at its fastest pace on record in March. AUD/USD reversed its sliding while USD/JPY reversed its climbing Thursday with both yen and Australian dollar lower against the Greenback currently.

Stock Market news

Indices Change
Dow Jones Index +0.06%
Nikkei Index +1.58%
S&P 500 +0.02%
Nasdaq 100 +0.09%

Futures on three main US stock indexes are up currently ahead of monthly jobs report at 14:30 CET today after a rally yesterday as the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) showed a jump in manufacturing activity due to robust demand. US exchanges will be closed today. The three main US stock benchmarks recorded daily gains ranging from 0.5% to 1.8%.

European stock markets are also closed today for Good Friday after closing higher Thursday led by tech shares. Asian indexes are mostly higher today in thin trading as Nikkei led gains with Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore among the Asian countries observing the Good Friday holiday.

Commodity Market news

Oil prices fell yesterday after reports OPEC+ decided to gradually ease production cuts from May . OPEC+, which incudes the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, Russia and other major producers, agreed to ease production curbs by 350,000 barrels per day (bpd) in May, another 350,000 bpd in June and further 400,000 bpd or so in July. The US oil benchmark West Texas Intermediate (WTI) futures jumped 3.6%. June Brent crude rose 3.1% to $64.68 a barrel on Thursday.

Gold Market News

Metals Change
Gold +0.22%

Gold prices are extending gains today . June gold settled 0.8% higher at $1728.40 an ounce on Thursday.

https://www.ifcmarkets.com/en/market-overview/market-overview-02-04-2021

Really nice to see. Hopefully it continues on

Thanks for the update mate. Glad to see it going positive.

It’s really good. Frankly, I was not expecting any of the indices to react this way. But seeing them like this gives me hope and makes me wonder what my next step should be. But you have truly done a great job that is surely going to help several other traders. Thanks for all the information.