Stocks trading experience

Guys!
Have you ever tried stocks?
Because I haven’t and I was wondering how would it be? is it good to give it a shot for once?
And what are some of the most common mistakes that investors make when buying and selling stocks, and how can these mistakes be avoided?

I don’t visit forums frequently, but when I do, I like to ask all of my questions at once. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I traded stocks before forex.

Some good things I found were that you could absorb much information about some companies even without financial results releases - expansion plans, take-overs, hiring campaigns, TV advertising spends, etc. etc.

The financial results themselves were frequent and dependable clues for following share price.

Some things to avoid would be buying into one company in a sector/industry when the rest of that industry is in a bear market. In fact buying almost anything when the S&P500 is bearish would be a good way to lose money.

Plus with stocks you take the risk that a director/chairman of a competing company you’re not even following will do/say something to a newspaper which is bad for everyone in the sector.

Picking the right stocks from the thousands out there is frustratingly difficult.

1 Like

For sure! I say try anything that won’t kill or injure you at least once! I’ve dabbled in it back in 2020 when the market was real frothy and made some quick $$ but also my long-term investments def took a hit after that lol. There are many ways to look at stock trading, just depends what you’re looking to get out of it!

1 Like

Hello, how are you today?
Do you believe that learning about companies is necessary?
Which is riskier, currency pairs or stocks?
what do you think?

what do you mean by this:For sure! I say try anything that won’t kill or injure you at least once!
did you earn any profit?

I used to trade stocks, now I’m committed to forex.

1 Like

I am into forex rather than forex but I gotta say that I don’t have much info about stocks. I was interested in reading others opinion.

I didn’t, but I read about it, and I believe it’s all personal; you should learn about it and then make a decision based on your tastes.

I did! I made a decent amount when I was still actively trading. These days I’m just holding.

Hey, where do you go to get the latest scoop on stocks? What sources do you rely on for your stock market reading?

1 Like

Nice! You scored some solid gains from your active trading days. Now you’re taking it easy and holding onto your investments. Smart move! Keep up the good work!

I don’t trade stocks; I focus solely on forex pairs because analyzing stocks takes longer and is more complex compared to forex pairs.

As I’ve already said, I like trading forex pairs. I enjoy learning about other people’s perspectives on stocks because I enjoy trying new things. And definitely you heard “Don’t keep all your eggs in one basket”

1 Like

I get the whole “don’t put all your eggs in one basket” thing. It’s a smart move, especially in the financial world. And it’s nice that you’re open to diversifying. Being open to new things is always a good mindset to have!

Thank you Emi.
Also I read some of your comments on other topics I like the way you see the things and mention. Keep up your good work.

1 Like