Stop Loss reached without candle

I agree, customer support is the answer here.

Normally the broker opening spreads during volatility

In the case of volatile markets a stop loss limit order may not be executed.

That’s because the session ended and the spread size increased. You are new to trading and it’s okay for you to know that this happens daily just before an important news release. The news and events taking place in a country affect the traders to a great extent. And that’s why you must always keep an eye on the news.

For different traders, different trading tactics work. You have to find the ones that work for you. Be it using stop loss or candles, you must do your learning properly so that nothing can stop you from making your trades the way you want to. Keep learning and keep exploring the market.

Did you check the spread?

1 Like

Absolutely vital for short-term traders to be aware of spread. Knowledge of spread, when it changes and by how much and why, is the most useful possible outcome from intra-day screen-watching, which is otherwise a great waste of time. It would take someone just 5 days to collect this knowledge, free of charge. But nobody else is going to do it for you.

1 Like

Exactly that mate you have to be a master of your craft

Stop losses might close the positions for different reasons. I feel that it is connected with the spreads in this situation. There was no evidence of increase in volatility here, according to the charts, the market remained still during this period. The most obvious and explainable evidence is the widening of the spreads. Perhaps, there was the end of some trading session and the spreads grew bigger than usual, so, this might have happened. However, the fact that you were trading demo account is quite misleading for me. I mean that as far as I know, there are no spreads or any other additional charges when it comes about demo accounts, so the explanation of the spread widening doesn’t sound credible enough to make some sort of conclusions.
Perhaps, there was a surge of sharp increase of volatility there which made your stop loss close the deal.

There may be the possible reasons like volatility and tight spreads. You can check the chart on different time frames too for confirmation and the other method is you can see the ticker chart.

Such a situation usually happens during the periods of high volatility when the price fluctuates so fast that the charts cannot reflect that. Another reason can be the spreads. If you have variable spreads, then their size can expand which can provoke the stop loss to close the deal.

1 Like

This is correct. Charts do not show a definitive history of brokers’ quotes.

Did you consult with your broker about that issue? Looks weird

This is why I don’t like leaving trades open overnight spreads can widen considerably during low volatility

1 Like

Exactly, close as soon as your goal reached or even near to that. At least can have good sleep. :laughing:

it is because of high spread , it means that when you try to set your stoploss add the amount of spread to your stoploss/TP to avoid getting hit before price reaches , for example you are in a BUY position and your stoploss is set at level -200$ and TP +200 and your spread is 50 points/pips , then you must move your stop loss to -250$ and TP to +150 and count spread in your SL/TP calculations , stoplosses and TP level are activated before price reach them as the amount of spread

note : pip values are different for different pairs , so google pip values for your currency