Stop loss

Same patterns keep recurring, same strategy applied… another 30 pips. No TP, No SL.
Surfing the CCI Indicator, nice clean charts with a simple strategy and no FX philosophic waffle…

The CCI Indicator breaks below the +100 and another position is closed with a 20.5 pip profit.

And when does the fat lady sing??? :wink:

1 Like

All trading is done with alarms and bots, I spend more time posting than trading the strategy…

The longevity of the posts was aimed at some of the jaw flapping pseudo experts on these forums that don’t understand and have never suggested any other method (to newbies) of trade control other than TP and SL… The Fat Lady is just clearing her throat James…

1 Like

And still the same patterns keep recurring, still the same strategy applied… another 29 pips.

No TP, No SL used on this 5 min Chart at any time…

Profiting from an Oscillating Indicator, nice clean charts with a simple strategy and no FX philosophic waffle…

The CCI Indicator breaks below the +100 again and another position is closed with a 7 pip profit.

Really? Then how do you manage your losing trade positions? And when you close your trade?

3 Likes

By definition if you have no TP or SL then you’ll never close a single trade, regardless of these levels being orders or manual closure.

It looks like you’ve accepted a SL and a TP to only be an agreed order pretrade (as I also thought was the case when I first started out in this game many years ago). In reality they can indeed be dynamic and change with the times, the market also changes after all?

So you do use a SL then, regardless of it being an order or a level to close a losing position out. A SL is not always defined as a market order, it’s a level to accept a loss, manual closure or automated (orders, bots, alarms…all the same)?

so let’s scrap the repetitive expression which your filling all your posts with…you do use a SL and a TP, in your case they are dynamic, no magic or FX philosophic waffle going on here :wink:

If it works for you, then great. But, let’s get the terminology correct also.

1 Like

Semantics …No, there are no set levels… when the CCI breaks up through the +100, or down through the 0 value, price could be anywhere. You could use this strategy with no visible price information at all. The strategy uses price movement strength to both open and close positions.

A TP is a predetermined level on a Chart…a SL is a predetermined Level on a Chart… neither of these are ever placed on the Chart at any time…the strategy merely opens and closes positions…so price…and levels are irrelevant…

This indicator uses the value from -100 to +100 nothing more, there is NO set pips by the Indicator, NO set levels on the Chart, each trade is different… profits maybe 2 pips others 30+ pips as demonstrated…Losses maybe 0.7 pips others 10 pips. The strength of price movement dictates…the magic of the strategy…

Semantics …Once again…NO SL is ever placed at any level on the Chart…NO Market Orders are ever placed on the Chart… there is no set price level to take a profit…there is no set price level to accept a loss… A Bot is only used to open and close positions when I’m away from the screen, an alarm (push text) is sent to verify the CCI value at predetermined points and opening and closing of positions… nothing more…

(orders, bots, alarms…all the same)? Wha…Wha… What?

The only repetitive expression here is NO TP’s and NO SL’s are used, just strength of price movement, a real dynamic strategy, that was traded live so that newbies (all traders) can see that it works and apply for themselves.

It will work for anyone… I just demonstrated it live for over 24 hours with over 130 pips of profit…After reading your post I don’t think you quite understand the floating logic of this strategy. But I have got the terminology completely correct… FX philosophical waffle…being right at all costs… and that’s the Aria…

As I said, if it works for you then great!

I’m not here to pick fights based on semantics which are based on opinions.

regardless though, have a great NY.

It will work for anyone…traded correctly…same to you, have a prosperous and safe NY :fireworks:

Ahhh… Bobster… An angry young man with his head in his hands…

You obviously weren’t paying attention when I indicated that a few other Oscillators can be “tuned” to give a similar result… RSI being the main candidate.

Listed here just for you are some others…DPO…MACD…Momentum…and possibly others.

Of course no trader on BP would want 130 pips?..because those pip’s profit do not equal percentage profit…mmmmm.

***Readers please note that when you give some real examples of a real strategy… members like Bob will come along and attempt to berate and belittle…adding no value to the thread whatsoever…

what happen again , its everyday bro

that dude was normal no deep knowledge as you mention as i remember it was just oanda and alexander books i cant remember much more the dude was gain knowledge from this website and other forums like rest of us learnt it from trial and error and slowly move on futures , we not competition and no one really better than other , i hate people call this and that a bullshit or garbage post as some in other topic said to me screw them i was just about to post something no need to be aggressive that way , if trends wants to use no stop loss as he frequently long or short and he moderate it and he is ok with it just let him do , i remember you over leveraging in your system but no one said was wrong , riskonfx too he didnt yet start his journal was six month ago when you going to do it bro call us when you ready , when i think everything that way is just make more sense, now if trends give us some strategy in this topic i thank him i was never look at that stuff just new idea

Now go back and review the thread. At post 17 it got hijack by the normal crew and deteriorated from there constantly getting bumped with its not raining then its fine comments.

There are plenty of other threads in regards to stops one could choose to post on.

im long time dont care these rules which is broken thousand times by new users and its not something new in here and other forums but i could really care how trends trade his charts
what he post was related somehow as most of all these questions from op are not much specialize

What you should care about is how you trade your charts.

im doing fine and i care about that why im here seeking new things from everyone to develop my things if needed so

Pay no attention to these posters on BP… they have very little actual content to add to their insults.

Posting information like this shows them up for the circus performers they are…shouting down any strategies that they haven’t put forward, liking each others posts like it’s a brofest… These guys are forum nazi’s telling posters what to do and how to do…their way or no way… ignore them and learn from all threads that are posted…

If the system above works for you, demo it, if it doesn’t work… maybe take some ideas from the thread.

The OP started this thread over 10 months ago… the conversation had moved on… my post(s) offered an alternative to the issues mentioned in the 2 posts above (and others), 5 - 7 months after the OP’s original post.

So please check your facts before teeing of on a tirade off name calling and bull$hit accusations… Posters are tired of your negative posts, add real content instead of berating every post you respond to Bob… it’s getting boring…

A mechanism such as the Futures market perhaps? - they have equity ‘circuit breakers’ when price moves 5% over night. Normal trading hours include 7%, 13% and 20% down limits.

• This is how such circuit breakers actually operated on the CME Futures market with the above GBP/USD flash crash…

(a) 00:07:15 BST: sharp price movements over a two-second window trigger a velocity logic event which pauses trading on the CME for 10 seconds.

(b) 00:07:29 BST: the futures price reaches its lower limit of 122.17 (based on the change on the day). The exchange remains open, but transactions cannot take place below this price on the CME. A two-minute monitoring period begins.

© 00:09:29 BST: as the futures price has not rebounded from the lower limit by the end of the monitoring period, a further two-minute trading
halt is triggered on the CME. At 00:11:29 BST, the exchange reopens with a new (lower) price limit.

(d) 00:11:57 BST: a second velocity logic event is triggered by sharp price movements over a two-second window, again pausing trading for 10 seconds

Sources: Bank of England calculations; CME; Bloomberg.

The above chart shows a 9% flash crash during the early Asian session.

The event can be split into three distinct phases. First, the early phase of the
move, during which sterling depreciated rapidly from 1.26 to around 1.24 against the
dollar in response to significant selling flow, but in an orderly fashion and with broad
participation on key venues. Second, a period of a number of minutes of extreme
dysfunction during which sterling fell further, rebounded and then traded in a wide
range. This phase involved lower volumes and narrower participation, pointing to a
greater role for the actions of individual market participants as a driver of the sharp
moves. And finally, the gradual recovery in market liquidity over the hours that
followed.

I’ve always been a fan of applying a 5% circuit breaker in FX - but we know this just isn’t possible, not to mention the fact that FX is not a centralized market.

So yes, I would most certainly want to use a SL in this case, regardless of it being honored (which it wouldn’t be in this case) - lets at least try to minimize the hemorrhage of bleeding?

The below report may be of some interest from the Bank of International Settlement (BIS). It clearly illustrates how no SL would have been honored due to an outrageous decline in market liquidity. Ironically as retail traders we don’t even hit the real underlying market, we just bet against the broker, but I can also bet your last dollar that the MM brokers would mirror the LPs.

To add, the report also touches on Twitter news feeds - a key focus area that gave cause [one of many] to the flash crash due to social media algorithms short selling GBP/USD; after this occurred the short selling kicked in from all institutions causing the biggest flash crash we’ve seen in recent times in one of the most liquid, highly traded and supposedly stable major FX pairsGBPUSD Flash Crash Report 07_10_2016.pdf (548.0 KB)

So? You still don’t want to use a SL - I’ll allow you to decide

:joy:

???

I’m not accusing anybody of anything. Except perhaps the scalpers who went broke already, and I’m happy to accuse them of ignorance of risk.

As for negative posts, every post can be seen in a negative way but I’ve certainly tried to post positive info that I have gleaned from my own experience trading.

Anyway, I’m Tom, who are you calling Bob?