Strange conversation with dukascopy CHAT. Can anyone make heads or tails of it?

Hi I have a question
Hello. please go ahead

Hi, what is “volume commision” ?
Commission charged per traded volume. In fact, we have different commission maps
1- based on initial deposit
2- based on equity
3- based on traded volume
always the best of these 3 com maps are charged
you have some examples here:
Fee Schedule :: Dukascopy Bank SA | Swiss Forex Bank | ECN Broker | Managed accounts | Swiss FX trading platform

Is “volume” the size of the lots lots you borrow, or is it based on # of trades
If you open Long 10’000 EURUSD trade then close it, total volume is 20’000 EUR
If your base account is in USD, you need to convert the 20’000 into USD, you will get the total volume in USD

what do you mean “then close it” ?
open and close

doesn’t it depend on WHERE i close it?
each leg has his volume
we are talking about total volume
open Long 10’000 EURUSD -> volume for this trade is 10’000 EUR
closing it makes another volume of 10’000 EUR

The reason i’m asking, is in the commissions example page, the volume traded is USD 10 million and only $18 commision is charged. But on my demo account ($1000 balance), I only opened two trades, and got charged $60 commision.
what is the currency pair on your demo account? and waht is your demo account LOGIN please

Account currency is CAD, and I traded GBP/USD. The portfolio reads “Settlement for GBP/USD, Volume commission -60.50 CAD” My account login is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thanks, 1 moment please.
On 18th you traded GBPUSD for a total volume of 2’212’960 GBP. if your commission map is 18 $ per Million traded and you trade 1 Million, you pay 18 $

what I dont understand is, how did I open a position worth 2’212’960 GBP when my account size is only $1000 and my account leverage is 1:100? Even If I risked my entire account, the maximum position I should be able to open is 100,000. How is it possible that I opened a position worth 2.2 million on that GBP/USD trade? I shouldnt have been able to open that large a position with 1:100 leverage and $1000 account.
One moment we will check this. If you open and close simultaneously it is possible of course
1’000 X 100 = 100’000 as initial equity

I dont know what you mean by "open and close simultaneously"
If you open a position of 50’000 then close it without loss, your equity is still 100’000 or more. So you can reopen a new trade of 70’000 and close it and so on, that is what you did. You did not keep open positions. Something else, if you open 50’000 short, then open 70’000 Long, your exposure is not 120’000 but only 20’000.

When I close a position, isn’t the deal over? In other words, the money I borrowed goes back to dukascopy, and my equity returns back to roughly $1000 plus or minus a my p/l?
No. where is your profit and loss then?