Strategy for loss

What do you do to mitigate losses?

Or when you begin a losing streak?

I could use some insight.

Thanks

2 Likes

You can visit some of the threads and read what others have to say. Such threads are very popular in the forum. Such as these

1 Like

Use good risk to reward.
2% maximum risk on a trade.
Realise that losses happen.

3 Likes

You have come to the right place for advice and guidance. Take it all with a pinch of salt of course, do your own research - the more specific your questions, the more specific the replies.

Whatever you learn about losses, think how it can be applied (in reverse obviously) to your wins - if you have a profitable strategy, you are expend more work planning the wins, there is more money in the wins, there are more winners than losers and the average winner is bigger than the average loser. Don’t ignore tactics for the winning trades.

3 Likes
  • Although stock market indexes typically move higher over longer periods of time, individual stocks don’t always keep pace and many less successful ones can suffer long periods of losses.
  • It is not uncommon for individual investors to hold losing stocks, expecting a turnaround, only to see it fall further still.
  • In a worst-case scenario, the company goes bankrupt.
  • Having a written plan will help you decide when and why a losing stock should be removed from the portfolio.
  • Stop loss orders can be used to automatically exit a position and take a loss when a stock turns sour.

I personally make sure to remain calm when I lose. I start fresh forgetting about whatever had happened.

Wow. Thanks for the replies everyone.

A good RR ratio is what you need. Remember not to risk more than 1% per trade because losses are an indispensable part of your trading journey.

For me, it is to close all the trades that are going on to stop further losses. Than I gather information about the trading instruments I wish to place trades on, then I make new trades and it is always better to stay calm.

I always close all my loss making trades for that time and keep a keen eye on my other trades in order to reduce my losses to the minimum.

Try to be calm and don’t give up. Set stop loss and keep a track of all the latest events

I use stop loss and take profit in all my trades. This helps me in limiting my trades and keeping my account safe from going negative. I do lose but it is never more than I can afford to lose. All my losses have something new to teach me.

Always remain calm even if you are losing and try to start afresh. Always set your risk percentage so that you know when to stop

Always set your risk ratio and it should not be more than 1% because market is volatile and you can’t be certain about anything

The biggest mistake that most newbies make is focussing on making profits. They simply forget that before making profits, they need to focus on preventing losses. It is far more important than making profits because, at least, you will have the money that you already have.

Losses cannot be ignored completely! As early as you understand this, your trading journey gets easier.

Everything a trader has to do to mitigate losses is the complying with basic/fundamental rules of trading, such as risk management and money management, trading psychology, patience and calmness, don’t take losses too hard and stuff like that. I believe that losses are an inevitable part of trading activity mostly because it teaches traders how to prevent their mistakes. I think that the key to successful trading activity is to take losses for granted and after you get that one you have to analyze your deal and make a conclusion. Only by this step you can learn how to handle with losses and don’t be nervous.