Strategy ranking?

Hello everyone,

I’d like to know if any trading strategy ranking exist ? (For forex)
What I mean by that is a ranking about profitabillity, win/loss, consistency… (Hope I am clear enough)

Of course, I do know that some strategies die with time, so I am looking for a 2018 ranking if possible.

At the moment I want to backtest a maximal of strategies and I am a bit lost from where to start ! :slight_smile:

Thanks by advance!
Adrien

Nearly every strategy is personalised for successful operation (has to be, maybe?). Start with a simple strategy, the simplest you can find. Your first objective is to learn how to learn about strategies so finding a great performer at this stage is irrelevant.

Preferably set up your strategy with price candlesticks, one moving average (or two), no indicators (just one if you must). Set out on paper your personal entry, position size, stop-loss, pyramid, take profit and exit rules. These should be learnable within 1-2 days across all foreseeable price action scenarios. Demo trade it meticulously, keeping a journal, until you understand why it isn’t the best strategy ever, then change things one rule at a time and demo the new version a bit more. and so on.