Strategy that works

Over 30 months in consistent profit and 10 years of on/off trading practice… I have “the edge” now…I simply stay flexible, not too rigid with my rules, when trade is not going my way, I’m quick to cut my losses and re-assess…I’m aiming at monthly wins, so I’m accountable monthly against my budget and so far, so good.

1 Like

That’s interesting. A quick test revealed it gives less signals that seem to be accurate for swing trading on the H1 timeframe.

There is much more than a strategy, you need unit sizing to be correct, risk management for rapid market moves, correct profit targets, plus a few others.

The simpler your strategy the less profits you make, meaning if you have a simple ema you are looking at less than 1% return on capital per month, the markets discounted simple a long time ago.

Hence if you use a simple SMA or CCI it means your other dynamics (and anyone else’s saying you can do it that way) are wrong, try making the smallest of profit with it and you will probably find it works.

Now it’s not what you want to hear but I use complex+++ so it’s easy to see these things from the top down, not so easy from the bottom up.