Student's mental health during the pandemic

Helloooo. :cry: Today, my cousin who is a high school student talked to me aand said that she and a lot of her classmates are struggling with their mental health. :frowning: I mean, I could imagine why! Even I am having a hard time keeping it together, with the new normal and all. :confused: I know I’ve asked how you keep yourselves sane in our new normal. But, do you also check up on your friends and family? :open_mouth: What do you do to help them mentally go through this pandemic? :frowning: I really want to help my friends and family on this. :frowning:

The times when I’ve been under most stress in life is when I didn’t have a plan to deal with what was happening.

I like to hope for the best but plan for the worst, so that even if the worst possible thing goes wrong, I have some idea how to respond. Now is the time to research what can be done if this happens or that happens, not after it has occurred. Life is how you deal with it, not what happens.

An old trick from project management is that if you need a Plan B in case your project goes belly-side up, then put your Plan B resources in place and protect them now, before the project even gets started.

Everyone is struggling right now. This is the biggest global crisis the world has seen since WW2.
I try to stay calm by spending time with my loved ones at home and taking up relaxing hobbies (also at home). The first vaccines should start arriving in a month and then the only way should be up. I hope.

That’s a very rational approach tommor! :open_mouth: Thanks for sharing that. :blush: I’ll try to explain this to my cousin but, I guess it’s easier said than done. :frowning: Especially for young people who still aren’t as adept with handling their emotions. :sob:

I think the only positive side to this pandemic is that we finally get to spend more time with our loved ones. :frowning: But, what kind of hobbies are you usually into? :open_mouth: How do you ensure that this helps their mental health? :sob:

I think what’s really helped me a lot is shifting my mindset to just accepting this situation you know? I think the more you think that this is terrible, the more terrible it truly gets. Does that make sense?

I’ve just come to accept that this is what life is like for now. But I think that there are definitely other things you can do to help your mental state: going outside, reading (that has really helped me), baking, sewing maybe? Lots of new hobbies to pick up! :slight_smile:

Being here also helps. Lets me connect online with other humans… or at least I think you guys are hahahaha

2 Likes

I agree. It’s important to stay connected to people, even if you can’t have a meeting with them face to face.

What you say makes complete sense.

I’ve noticed that people who express their anger or frustration etc. loudly even if to themselves or sometimes to others, and who use really emphatic words, possibly even swearing or calling on their gods in their heaven, they have a really tough time. Everything bad happens to them. And everything bad is terrible: no, its worse than terrible, its the worst thing ever in history.

But the purpose of the expressive vocabulary they’re using is to emphasise what they’re saying / thinking. So if they drop a cup in the kitchen and go wild and shut and swear at the top of their lungs, they are effectively emphasising what a terrible incident this was, even though its just a cup. They are underlining it in their day and memory. They’re highlighting it and putting it up on a billboard at the end of their day. But you know what, they’re not happy and they don’t feel good.

Is it possible you’re noticing that because those people are louder and force those around them to notice their misfortune? Those who keep quiet still suffer but aren’t as noticed.

Well, they certainly make their feelings more noticeable. Even when they are petty and exaggerated.

I suspect its all come from that pseudo-psychology BS that its healthier to let your feelings out, express your anger… Complete and utter self-centring tosh.

These shouty people are not happier.

I believe in the whole you get the energy you give thing. Also about people who are always angry, perhaps they don’t feel like they’re missing anything you know? What if they’ve been angry their entire life :sweat_smile: Ignorance is bliss?

1 Like

It’s good to see a lot of new people taking interest in forex trading. Looks like many of them found a good way of making additional income. I just hope that they learn forex trading properly so that they don’t lose unnecessarily.

1 Like

woooow. its very cool