Stuff

Alien, and The Matrix
What’s yours?

The Matrix and Men in Black were mine when I was still a little pip.

Daylight and darkness at the moment of the Fall Equinox –

01:54 GMT, Sunday, September 22, 2018

FDA Nearing Approval of Highly Addictive New Opioid

Excerpts:

• In a controversial move, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is moving toward finalizing the approval of a highly addictive opioid. The decision was made by the FDA’s advisory committee on October 12, where a 10–3 vote occurred in favor of the drug hitting the market.

• DSUVIA, the drug in question, is a form of Sufentanil – which is more potent than fentanyl and morphine.

Thanks a lot, FDA, for launching a new opioid epidemic, more devastating than the current fentanyl epidemic.

That’s just what this country needs.

Not.

Daylight and darkness around the world
at the moment of the Winter Solstice
22:23 GMT — 21 December 2018

Sunrise at Stonehenge on the Winter Solstice

3 Likes

I love the winter solstice :sunglasses:

The sun’s on it’s way back now !

It will take a little while - but it is unstoppable - The Real cause of “Global Warming” :rofl:

Strange to have a day in the 60s. The snow just melted a day ago.

desserts - 4

5 Likes

Daylight and darkness around the world at the moment of the Spring Equinox - 2019
21:58 GMT (9:58 pm London time)

1 Like

Miss (Politically-Correct) USA

What used to be a Beauty Pageant, is now an interview
in which contestants try to outdo one another on the subjects of
female empowerment, inclusion, diversity, and open borders
— bad-hair-days notwithstanding.

Miss USA 2019 - Miss North Carolina
Miss North Carolina has been crowned Miss USA 2019

I’m just bitter, because Miss Florida didn’t win.

Awstralia’s New Fifty Doller Bill

Disclaimer: I am not responsable for any typos witch may appear in this post.

2 Likes

If you were here, where would you be ?

Tristan da Cunha signpost

@Clint, Edinburgh of the Seven Seas Island (Tristan Da Cunha Islands) in the South Atlantic…

@anon46773462, Google not required… just inspect the image.png code… Coding has many advantages…

1 Like

Well done @Trendswithbenefits ! :slight_smile:

You beat me by a few minutes!

I had no idea but it is just amazing what one can track down just using Google!

tristan

1 Like

Wow, how can I keep up with this hi-tech world! :joy:

Mind you, I guess you did realise that the winner’s prize here is 12mths free lodgings in the wild nature of the world’s remotest island, free of any mobile/internet interruptions…:+1::sweat_smile:

Thx, you take the prize… I already live on one of the world’s remotest islands… Australia :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi all

Can and how does a member create a signature in the babypips forum, so that all their posts have their signature at the bottom like Clint appears to have?

Thanks.

Babypips doesn’t do “signatures” anymore. Years ago, they were an available feature in the previous forum software, but now they are gone for good.

If you’re referring to the “Disclaimer” in my post (which you quoted above), I simply typed that in at the end as a joke (including the two words deliberately misspelled) – because the Time article was about a misspelled word on the Australian $50-bill, and I had deliberately misspelled two words in the heading at the top of my post.

Congratulations to Trendswithbenefits and Manxx for ace-ing the geography test.

By the way, you can only get to Tristan da Cunha by boat, and only from Cape Town. You have to apply for permission to visit the island, and the voyage takes a week.

@Trendswithbenefits
@anon46773462

1 Like