Stuff

Australia? Where’s that? :thinking:

Ahh yes, I remember now, it’s somewhere in Europe isn’t it? At least it is in the Eurovision song contest finals! Or did it just drift that way on Zero Gravity? :joy:

Interesting! I guess that’s in order to help control the queues…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

45,000 barrels (= 6,750,000 bottles)
of fine Kentucky bourbon go up in flames.

This adds a whole new dimension to the term flambé:grinning:

Article –

1 Like

I’m sad, for the past 6 weeks I’ve been buying at peaks and selling at troughs, as if I’m cursed or something

Yesterday I had the opportunity to short the gopher @ 108.44 for 60 pips but I missed it (because I had to sleep), the moment I went short it was at the lowest low and I lost 38 pips on that trade.

Similar thing happened on Monday with the cable. I was short @ 1.2522. I closed the trade with 3 pips because the market had a tough time breaking the support, only for price to sell down to 1.2436

This feels like a curse, a loosing streak and bad luck served all at once :cry:

This is my experience. Price never hits my TP, but ALWAYS gets to my SL that’s why I don’t use it anymore.

Look how it reversed? If you want to make solid pips on CADJPY you can short it now and I can assure you over 100 pips. The moment I join the short train,price will stop and reverse.

This is like a curse :sob:

Hi @nu_bee - Are you maybe trading on too tight a time-frame? Maybe you should start a thread dedicated to your style and strategy, we could possibly all learn something.

I think it’s much more better to ask such things on some physic or science forum. I do know very good YouTube channels regarding mathematics and really want to see how usefull they are. I went in mathematical olympics in the school in the past and it was my level really. Let’s share such - YouTube

I don’t trade any different from the popular methods. Many times the price is between 1 to 7 pips from my TP before it reverses and can move for 100 pips

Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday the 13th - 3

2 Likes

Autumn has arrived

Daylight and darkness at the moment of the Fall Equinox
Monday, September 23, 2019 — 8:50 am London time (0750 GMT)

I have not read the entire thread so if my topic has already been discussed, I apologize.

About 2 years ago I came across flat earth videos on YouTube. I really have no idea whether the earth is round or flat but the following two questions posed a quandary that I’m unable to resolve.

1. The sun is supposedly 93 million miles from earth. That means that light rays from the sun would appear to be parallel. But if you observe light rays that come through holes in a cloud cover they clearly appear to be angled. How is this possible?

2. The earth rotates west to east on its axis at about 1,000 miles an hour. So how is it that flights traveling the same distance east or west take the same time to arrive at their destination. Also, most commercial airlines fly at a speed of about 500 - 600 miles per hour. How does a flight traveling east even get to it’s destination?

Many more questions come to mind but these two have me totally foxed.

Daylight and darkness around the world at the moment of the Winter Solstice
11:19 pm EST, Saturday, December 21, 2019, New York time
(04:19 GMT, Sunday, December 22, 2019)

Sunrise on the Winter Solstice

Sunrise at Stonehenge on the Winter Solstice

I have posted this photo previously. I’m posting it again, because I like it :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice photos.

BTW, its always amusement to see lots of people celebrating the wrong solstice at Stonehenge every year. But then again, who wants to experience the driving winds and freezing rain typical typical of an English December sunrise?

Where i live sunrise now is 9.45 and sunset 14.45. length of day 5 hours.

The sun only rises to the pine treetop line on the horizon before sinking below it again a few hours later.

It rises just a few degrees east of due South and sets again a few degrees west of due Sourh.

Gets kinda dark on a cloudy day!

Yep - its starting to get dark here now - already too dark to see the rain. Which is some consolation I suppose.

1 Like

It’s a bit frustrating when the car automatically turns the dashboard lights to night vision - at midday! :joy:

Normally we would have a lot of snow by now but we have none this year yet - this has started to become more frequent over the last 20 years as average temperatures are rising.

This thread is for stuff that doesn’t seem to belong anywhere else.

I saw this chart and decided to share it, but didn’t know where to put it. So, I’m putting it here —

Dow - 10 biggest one-day point losses

You might be surprised to note that 8 out of the 10 worst one-day point losses in Dow history occurred in February or March of this year. And all 10 occurred within the past 30 months.

Conversely the biggest points gains were likewise:

Some interesting random posts. Thanks for sharing it.

I’m happy the uniquely bad Dow performances came during the early stages of a uniquely bad global pandemic. It would be alarming to think they just popped up sporadically.

Autumn has arrived

Daylight and darkness at the moment of the Fall Equinox
Tuesday, September 22, 2020 — 1331 UTC

1 Like