Stupid Q please answer

Do we have short candles as long candles? :zipper_mouth_face: :thinking: :expressionless: :no_mouth:

It may not be stupid, but I do not understand it. Can you try to explain this question differently?

I am also not sure what you mean here but all a candle does is tell you the open, high, low, and close for each period of the timeframe you are looking at. So a “long” candle would be when the close is higher than the open and a short candle would be when the close is lower than the open.

Naturally, one might find, for example, such long candles on a 1 hr timeframe within a short candle on a daily timeframe. For this reason, it is good to look at multiple timeframes whatever timeframe you are actually trading.

But maybe I am totally off-track with respect to your question. If so then please clarify! :slight_smile:

Do you mean short candles as well as long candles?

Yes, both sorts of candles appear on price charts. But long candles give a clear indication of what price has been doing and therefore what its likely to do next. Short candles suggest price has been undecided whether to go up or down: even that information could be useful in some contexts.

1 Like

It’s a relative term so a candle can be described as long in some situations but short in others. At the end of the day a candle is only a summary of price movements over a particular time period expressed in four data points. We have no idea how the price moved within that period unless we display the movements in a shorter time-frame

Absolutely! You’ll find both short and long candles. They represent different periods of trading activity - long candles indicate high trading activity and big price changes, while short candles suggest lower trading activity and smaller price changes.

1 Like

Yes daddy candle is loong… mama candle dududu is little less long… and then we have baby candle which is short… dudududu

So when baby candle plays acting as daddy, it’s short as long

1 Like

Have you ever been far even as utility to use even if go want to do fast more like?

That clears it up!

I’m wondering if the question was are there “down” candles as large as “up” candles, “large” indicating the difference between the open and close or high and low of the candle.

Looking at a chart should provide that answer, but we could be dealing with a complete beginner.

@Profitpilot, let us know if we’ve answered your question.

2 Likes

Right.

@Profitpilot Can you post a pic?

This is the definition of long candle: The large body indicates a huge price move from open to close .

Sometimes we have four candles.

2 Likes

Always ask your questions nothing to be ashamed of.
I suggest you to read this: candle sticks

1 Like

Hi,
The question still does not make sense.

Do we have short candles as long candles?

Are you asking if short candles and long candles are the same, or did you mean “and” instead of “as”?

1 Like

Yes!! Short long candles happen often. Be careful because it can look like a tall gap short candle. That’s why it’s a good idea to place a boomerang order near the short lines.

Happy trading!

1 Like

so sorry I mean and.

Hi, thank you for confirming. The shortest candle is where the price does not move during the entire timeframe. That is represented by a horizontal line. A really long candle is represented by one with no wicks, that is to say, it is a solid block where: a long candle - green if on coloured chart, is where the price action starts at the lowest price and never goes below it and closes at the highest price which is never exceeded during the timeframe. It is represented by a solid block with no wicks. These are the extremes.

Does this answer your question (partly?)

Pictures always help.

1 Like

Yes, sure. This sentence defines it easily. Thank you.

yes, we do have short candles as well as long candles in trading. The length of a candlestick depends on the volatility and activity in the market during that particular time period. If there is low volatility or a lack of significant price movements, you may observe shorter candles. Conversely, during periods of high volatility or strong price movements, you are likely to see longer candles.

It’s important to note that the length of candles can vary across different timeframes and trading instruments. Traders often analyze candlestick patterns and their lengths to gain insights into market sentiment and potential price reversals.

1 Like